1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ten worst people on Earth

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The number one is Bill Gates, no doubt!
    Saddam Hussein is number two, bin Laden is number three!
    George W. Bush is simply stupid, so he is just number four.
    And Britney Spears is number five!
    GOD BLESS MICROSOFT!

2. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] come on people, if you are going to have Bush and Bin Laden, put in Tony Blair as well...

3. void Guest

[​IMG] Everyone except me!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Azardu, some things are even too worse to can be on the worst people top ten.

5. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

Mathetais, your enthusiasm is moving, but your rethorics make little sense.

There *is* a similarity in speech between Bush and Osama, no sane man can deny that. When you cut the slack they *are* ideologically saying the same BS (the opposing ends, but still the same "they're evil we're good").

Of course Afghanistan isn't a wasteland at this moment, that would be by far the most stupid thing the US could have done as this would be playing straight into Osama's card.

Your anthrax comment is a hoot. Or do you actually believe your own words ?

Anyway, to stick to the original question, I'd like to add one name who definetly earns his place in this top 10 : Ariel Sharon.

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] First of all, Lord Bane, you're right that Osama and Bush both are basically saying "We're good you're evil." But don't forget, they both believe that as well. So to say that the only reason that Afghanistan is not a wasteland right now is because of political reasons is nonsense. It is our concept of what is right and good that causes us not to use extreme force such as the Taliban uses.

I don't believe in this nonsense about there being no such thing as good and evil either. True, Bush says the same thing as bin Laden when he claims good for his side. But to my mind, and to most of the civilized world, it's more true for Bush than for bin Laden. So while the two may be similar in their *rhetoric*, the similarity stops there. And it's deeds that count in the end, not rhetoric.

As for the anthrax, please. Don't hurl insults unless you have something useful to contribute to the discussion.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Definitely Capstone. I *was* basically referring to thier rhetorics. And yes, beyond rhetorics, bin Laden and Bush are very different:

About "Good bless America" - generally there is nothing wrong about it, except that it imo symbolizes unreflected, uncritical patriotism. However, the USA, with all their achievements, are *not* perfect and I think that considering that from time to time may be worthwile. And, the US aren't the freeest or best country in the world as well - and especially: It is not the *chosen* country.

No doubt that Bin Laden is a dangerous fanatic and I actually think that he should at least be caught, if not killed. So I have to agree to you Capstone, their deeds count.

This is indeed the major difference between Bush and bin Laden: Bush is not a dangerous fanatic, but he's not the world's brigtest leader (referring to rhetorics again) and stupid men, how well counselled they however may be, tend to make mistakes. And when the most powerful man of the world is subject to make mistakes, this may have fatal consequences. IMO this tends to happen quicker, when people practice an unreflected patriotism.

Finally (and here we are about rhetorics again) the cries "God bless America" and "Allah is great" are used in a way too similar to make me feel well.

8. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Capstone, everything depends on your interpretation. There isn't such absolute things like good and evil. You can say that this person is good or evil, but your judgements are only valid in a certain context. So you can say that bin Laden is evil,(and I can agree with that, because our cultural context is similar) but there can be someone who says that the USA is evil, and in her context she may be right.

9. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Alyr, I disagree. I believe in absolute good and evil. But that's a subject for another topic.

Ragusa, thanks. But actually I do think the USA is the best country in the world, so there. :p

:D :grin: :D

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Why would you expect the rhetoric of Bush and bin Laden to be different? The whole purpose of rhetoric is to influence people and persuade them that your cause is just and right. What better way to do that than to say your opponent is evil and you are good?

11. Messala Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Richard Nixon hasnt been mentioned, oh no wait hes dead and is in Heaven, cause Satan wouldnt accept them.

::2 fingers up on both hands::

I am not a crook :D

12. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Any of the royal family of the UK. Any family that would kill their own daughter in law is WAY off!

13. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

For infor,mation she was killed by french papparatzi and not by the royal family. There was no indcation, accusations or suspectations of that at all so shut your lying little yankee trap hole!

as for the most evil people

me

As for the niggest dick head in the world:

the long named gimp above

14. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31

Ok, sorry if my words upset you Capstone, it wasn't my intention to insult anyone.

But for Mathetais' insinuation that Al Qaeda is behind the anthrax are no other words than ridiculous. Russia and the US are the only ones sure to be able to make this form of anthrax (some mention Iraq but I dare doubt that), and there are very little scientists who believe it actually is the old enemy this time. So what exactly was useless in my post ?

15. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Will you please stop comparing some people noone ever heard of and continue ranting why am I on the list?

This means - this thread started to be too much boooooooring.

16. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] You guys, this little poll was not intended to be taken seriously. If this is of that much concern to you guys, why don't you start a new thread?

By the way extreamist i was kiding as well as you probably already know...
    (or was i...):p

17. Capstone Gems: 16/31

[​IMG] Ahh. I see. I agree that it's not too likely. Actually, indications are that it's most likely the work of US extremists, so no doubt you are correct. I called your comment "useless" simply because it contained no information. All well now...

18. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I know that this thread was supposed to be a joke, but I can only see so many people list GW Bush next to the "Evil One" so many times before I go ballistic!

19. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

somehow you all avoided me!

hehe am i not one of the most annoying people on earth to you guys yet? hehe

20. Varzael Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Well all I read about is George Bush Junior's campaign of goodeness against the evil terrorists.Really these fundamentalists are fanatics but doesn't the american people get fanaticised by the TV and all those pompus statements(a la ''If you're not with us you're against us''etc)make the americans fanatics too!Ehat will the difference be in the end?And,yes,the incident at NY wasinhuman andmany innocent people died and the onme responsible should be punished but!:someonw posted that if the same happened at my/our/her/his country then the reaction would be the same.Well I think not,no other countries apart from the US have murdered so many innocent people the last decade(Yugoslavia's civilians come in mind,Gulf War US soldiers come in mind,Hiroshima comes in mind etcetcetc),so at some point retribution would knock their door don't you think?(either retribution means open war or terrorist acts).Such things are common sense but fanaticism blinds us and doesn't allow us to see the truth.Of course no one would complainfor the dead innocents at the empty streets of Yugoslavia,the channels weren't there y'see,but the WTC innocents were mourned around the globe.Why?Coz the worth/price of lIFE seems to differ around the world.Coz the WTC innocents were killed in front of 200 cameras(really doesn't this at least put you into suspicion?)whereas the other innocents were not important enough to be shown on TV.Many people would lose their comfortable ''chairs''if all things were revealed about US military operations but we all are too fanaticised to stand for a moment and think clearly,without personal urges.Think people!

I know many people in this forum will hate me for what I say above but I just spek some truth and report some facts that belong to the spgere of common sense but fanaticism doesn't lets us see clearly.All of us in here take pride in our intelligence and intellectuality so-at least us-let's just not be urged by others or made to believe falsehoods to serve the goals of others.
    Greetings,
    Varzael

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.