1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are your stats?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Str - 13
    Dex - 12
    Con - 17
    Int - 15
    Wis - 15
    Cha - 7

Alignment:
    True Neutral

Class:
    Manusje-van-alles ;)

2. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Hmmm, okay here goes:
    Strength: 14. I work out, and take Tai Kwon Do. I'm also just naturally big.

Intelligence: 15. My IQ was something like 140- 150. I can't remember off the top of my head.

Wisdom: 8. Possibly less, depending on the situation. I tend to be very stubborn. I also have something of a temper. :mad:

Dexterity: 13. Nothing too great, but I'm no klutz either.

Constitution: 14. I very seldom get sick, and when I do, it's very mild.

Charisma: 14. This is tricky. I don't make friends quickly, but when I do they're my friends for life. I'm also very persuasive and can convince people easily, though I'm nowhere as persuasive as my brother or father. You've heard of the proverbial selling ice cubes to eskimoes? That's them.

Average: 13. A little above average? Not exactly the best, but I might make it to level 5. Maybe. :D

3. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

To determine your intelligence you can go here ,just be sure not to sign up for the cruddy service.

I got a 131, so that probably supports the 12 that I gave myself...maybe 13.

Grandalf...don't get bummed...you still got all the skill points and feats to add to yourself :D

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i am better than you

5. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

lemme see...

STR - 7 (imoen could kick my ass)
    DEX - 16 (i shred guitar, draw, and never get tackled in rugby - much)
    INT - 14 (cancer research, but about 10 short of 140 IQ)
    WIS - 9 (just becoz i do research doesn't make me wise, done some insanely stupid things in the past)
    CON - 12 (never get sick, high pain threshold, but i can't spend more than 3 days in the bush)
    CHA - 5 (antisocial, but depends on mood - heh; could very much pull it up to 17 if i wanted to, and can drop it to 1 just as easily, in the same minute)

AV = 10.5
    guess i'd be a thief
    alignment - very much chaotic neutral

6. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Str - 12
    I do weights. I can do a whole lot of lifting at medium wieght loads.
    Int - 14
    I am so smart. I am so smart. S M A T. S M A T
    Con - 12
    I feel pretty hearty. Not a cross country runner, but I can tank it (Shuss).
    Dex - 11
    I can stand on my hands and etc. I'm no marksman though.
    Wis - 11
    Not the cleverest of people. I say some stupid stuff. But I can think clearly when needed.
    Cha - 12
    I'm a sexy beast, and you should remember that.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Here's me:

STR: 18/91 (I can benchpress 350 lbs multiple times.)

DEX: 9 I'm probably average dex.

INT - 13 (slightly above average)

WIS: 15 (Wise enough to know what the right thing to do is...and foolish enough not to do it)

CON: 12 (Not terrible, but I'm not a marathon runner, either.)

CHA: 17 (I'm not so presumptuous as to put an 18 up here. But...I get along well with many people, I have a magnetic personality, and I'm fun to have around at parties...

Wow...It's been a while since I listed my stats...

8. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Sigh.. I'm even more stupid I've thought.
    I'm seriously depressed now since I thought I was "wiser", but it seems my logical and mathematical head (if none) is very poor.

I got the IQ of 106 on that link..
    Partially cos I'm tired now, and I have this problem from child hood concerning concenration, so I just quickly without deeper toughts just answered.. :(

After it my GF did the test, and I realized how erroneous I was, and fool not to think em' enough.
    So my int would be 10 concerning the IQ rules of 2nd D&D.. WOOHOO, I should achieve the "Dumbest member of the week" award? :hahaerr:
    atleast compared to yours 150+ or altelast 130+ :(

:EDIT:
    Stupid typos of a stupid man :)
    Terrible agony of self-centered ego shattering :shake:

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] 150?!?!? That's pretty damn high! I had my IQ tested when I was 8 or 9, and it came out to be 128. I always thought I was pretty smart...

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    136! I guessed my Int at 13 correctly! And there was only 1 question were I made a complete guess - in the 4x4 grid of dots, couldn't figure out which 4 dots would be greyed out next. (Stupid "what's the next picture" questions *grumble mutter grumble*.) Of course, that also means that where I "knew" the answer, I was dead wrong on some, which is probably worse.

8/13/11/13/10/11 still stands for me!

Bel - how may tries before you got your 150? :p

11. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't get a 150...I thought someone in this thread did...Like I said, I had my IQ tested when I was a kid...It was 128. That's good enough for me. I'm not taking it again.

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    @ Grandalf

No need to be depressed of an IQ of 106. Your IQ is calculated by dividing your score by the average score of everyone in your age group, and then multiplying that result by 100. So, by definition an IQ of exactly 100 is average. To get 100 your score is the same as the average person's score, so when you divide it, you get 1, then multiply by 100 to get 100. So at 106, you are somewhat above average. I did a little bit of research and a 106 puts you in the 58th percentile, meaning you are smarter than 58% of the population - not bad - slightly above average. Plus, hardcore RPGers like all of us are pretty geeky as a whole, and certainly not representative of the population.

@ Harkle

Totally agree on your take on some of the scores. Like I said in the very first post on this topic, you have to have a very, very good reason to go above 15 for a stat. At 17, you are already exceptional. At 18, you have acheived the highest possible for a human to attain. For purposes of illustration, let's look at intelligence. One of the most intelligent people of the modern era is Albert Einstein. I think an arguement can be made that Einstein was a smart as a human could possibly be. So, his intelligence would be 18. For the people claiming to have an intelligence of 17 or 18, they are essentially saying their IQ's are comparable to Einstein's, which they probably aren't.

I also think some people are exaggerating their strength scores. So far, the only person that has posted that is clearly stronger than myself is Belasarius (sp?). If he can bench 350 lbs multiple times, I have no problem with a strength score of 18/91, but other people are not calculating it correctly. The table is the amount of weight you can lift over your head, not bench press. Anyone that has ever done any type of weight training know that the amount of weight you can lift over your head is substantially less than the amount of weight you can bench press. Lifting a weight over your head involves a shoulder press. It uses your shoulder muscles. A bench press utilitzes your pectoral (chest) muscles. Your chest muscles are considerably larger and stronger than your shoulder muscles. I don't know anyone who can shoulder press as much as they can bench. For myself as an example, I bench about 225 lbs, but I only shoulder press about 145 lbs. (Sorry for the English units, my European breathren, but I only remember that the conversion is about 2 to 1 with kilos to pounds, so I didn't want to make an inaccurate conversion to metric by doing an approximation.)

Lastly, for alignment, I still say most people are lawful or neutral (very few chaotic) and that most people are good or neutral (very few are evil). Myself, I would classify as lawful neutral. I am very law abiding and believe in a strong justice system. At the same time, while I'd like to say I always do good things, that's only true if they are convenient for me. If inconvenient, I usually don't go out of my way to help people. I never do wrong, I just don't always help as much as I could. So lawful neutral all the way.

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I can military press around 255...So I gues I'm JUST an 18...Teehee!!

14. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I did not know my IQ, these tests are not a common thing in Germany.
    Just tried that IQ-test Hacken Slash provided us with and I got 131. Can certainly live with that! Apparently I am a Precision Processor or something. :grin: Not that I see myself as one. lol :shake:

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

hmmm .... to answer or not to answer, that is the question.

Here we go with averages for my life. There are seasons when certain stats are higher or lower so remember, consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.

STR .... 17
    I'm just a bit weaker than Bel. I can bench 310 for reps, squat in the 600's and military press 225 for reps.

INT ... 13
    Just above average. I got straight "A's" through my master's degree and have a good head for facts.

WIS ... 15
    I'm a clergy-man so I'm trained in ethics, moral issues, leadership and the like. This one is actually on the rise, and since I'm about to level up in RL, I'll add my next stat point here ;)

DEX ... 6
    I'm clumsy, no really.

CON ... 12
    Just above average here. Allergic to Penicillin, but can run and work for hours.

CHA ... 17
    Can't give myself an 18, but I have won numerous preaching/public speaking awards and scholarships. I can hold an audience of 1000 on my every word, I feel comfortable speaking to audiences of 300 or less with little preparation .... you get the point.

Alignment is Lawful Good.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Str: 11 (barely above average for a woman)
    Dex: 12 (hey, YOU try dancing backwards and in high heels!)
    Con: 12 (even when I'm sick, I don't stop)
    Int: 14 (143 IQ, two degrees)
    Wis: 15 (I'm a Mom, it comes with the territory)
    Cha: 10 (17 in a miniskirt and heels)

Definitely neutral good and more lawful than not.

[ November 10, 2003, 21:14: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

17. Silverwolf86 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Wow there really are some super smart people here. . . I guess rpging really does attract the smarter people of life.

Strength - 11. You have to be pretty strong to do the color guard and things I do. My sister's probably a 14... she's way strong and I'd say that I'm probably above average for girls, and could probably beat some really athletic ones in an arm wrestle but I'm not really that strong.

Dexterity - 15. I'd say I'm really fairly dextrous. After all, how many people can throw a rifle 4 feet above their heads and catch it? And I can throw a sabre a good 6 feet and still catch it. Besides that, I'm very good at dodging things (AH! flying flag!) which is good cuz I'd probably be dead if I wasn't. But I did have to work on it to get where I was but I think I could manage a 16 some day. And yes, I can pick pockets (though I've only tried against my friends) and I can do some sleight of hand tricks. Go me :D

Constitution - 3. I'm allergic to just about everything there is (as was proven to me just yesterday when I discovered how very allergic to laundry detergents I am when my Grandma washed my pants and I broke out and was slightly sick of all yesterday from wearing them . . .) and I'm chronically ill. However, since I get severe migraines I've actually had training on how to withstand pain so pain I can take, although with one tap to the head I get an instant migraine so yeah... If I was hit in the legs with a warhammer, I could stand that and keep going but if I was tapped in the head with a rolled up newspaper I'd be out like a light.

Intelligence - 14. I have 144 IQ and I've always considered myself extremely smart, not that means much here.

Wisdom - 15. I consider myself really wise because although some wisdom can be gained with age, it's mostly experience you get with age. And both my grandparents would tell you that I'm probably wiser than they are at times. But I'm not so wise that I never ever do something I'll regret or that I never lose my temper. I know someone like that though... he'd get an 18 wisdom no questions asked...

Charisma - 10-14?? I have no idea to be honest. People who know me would say that I'm pretty charismatic but I'm not pretty or anything. If anything all my charisma comes from people percieving me as innocent. And I guess people generally like me... *shrug* I simply have no idea. Though, anyone I want to like me does; so if I make an effort I guess I seem very amicable. And I'm pretty good at public speaking and don't at all mind being in front of a crowd with all eyes on me (if that matters for anything.) And animals love me even if people don't. :D

I think if I was in a fantasy world I'd appear to be one of those Disney princesses. Dancing about a forest, singing happily and all the animals would love me. (On a side-note, animals do love me, and I used to vonunteer at the EcoTarium to help out with the animals before I got really sick and I've got a pretty good voice.) And I'd show up in one of the quests as being the elven girl you have to rescue/protect. And although I'd love to be a ranger, someone would have to find a magic cure for my sickness first. :)

Edit: forgot to mention that I'm neutral good.

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'm gonna have to put my inteligence up to 11, as that IQ test said 118. But considering it may not be accurate, I'm rounding down.

And I'm going to put my strength to 12, as yesterday I had to lift a total of 23 stones (145 kg?) to throw two guys off me in a fight (It was just a lad's fight, but for some reason I always have to go against 2 to 3 people, or I win too quickly).

19. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmmm... these should be about right:

STR-9 (I'm slightly under the average i should be at, which is bad)
    DEX-16 (I don't know why my reflexes are so good, i surprise myself at times with my agility, I said agility, not speed...)
    CON- 14 (I'm a fast healer and I can shrug off pain easily)
    INT- 16 (Very Intelligent, top of my class when i want to be, quick thinker too, though i have little work ethic...)
    WIS-11 (Common sense fails me at times but all in all Im there)
    CHA- 12 (Good talker, fast thinker, one hell of a BSer, which comes in handy :D )

Somewhat high stats but what i excel in i most definatly lack in strength, which I am working on.

20. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Incredible how little you guys get out of AoDA, considering that most of you should be in the top 2% of the brightest people in the population... considering brightness to be actual IQ...

Anyway inflation in ability scores only mean one thing. Everyone bumbs to average. Which is convinient since only one person in this thread has an IQ of 16 or above(this is only statistically :p ). You can always prove that you are the one, competing against the others in the chatroom. Though that would ruin 30 other youths' (26 years and below) fantasy egoes. So I'll wager none of you would ever participate in a mind combat against the other boardmemebers :shake:

But here goes anyway. Anyone who says they have an IQ of 14 or more should definately have a chance at beeing the one. with an IQ of 140=14 and so on.

First round. Totally non-random but in order of appearance

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot 15 - Chris Williams 16
    JSBB 15 - 8people 15 (my favorite battle so far. Not that I am implying anything other than it could be very interesting :xx: )
    Xei Win Toh 14 - Neeraj the Freak Paladin 16
    Rastor 16 - a soubriquet 17
    JamesT 14 - Menion Leah 16
    Taza 15-17 - fade 14
    Spelladonna 16 - Serpent 16
    Morsmordre 14 - Mystra's Chosen 14
    Uytuun 15 - Blog 14
    Morgoth 15 - Kam 15
    Tassadar 14 - Baezlebub 14
    Rallymama 14- Silverwolf86 14
    dman18 16 - Mithrantir 16

Some interesting battles there. :1eye:
    Find a way to "mind-fight" and post the results here.
    Who would win? :1eye:

I do have my personal favorite on the boards, whom I think overshadows anyone else by miles. Who that is or if the person is even on the list, I wont tell :p Neither will I tell if I am just saying this to add some glamour drama :p

EDIT; and It is definately not myself 8people :D , I am stuck somewhere between a unemployed genetic engineer and a factory worker. I am your average mountain man, who loves to poke at people at any given chance. *wanders of grinning* And yay we got an opponent for Dman18

[ November 11, 2003, 03:13: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.