1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What are your stats?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    First off, with alignments, despite what you say you are, most people are by and large either Neutral to Lawful Good, or True Neutral to Lawful Neutral.

I say this for a few reasons. Most of us abide by the law. Even if we think the law isn't a good law, even if we see no societal benefit of the law, and even if we don't particularly like the law, most of us will abide by it. By and large society is lawful, and there are very few people that openly oppose lawful institutions.

As for the second part of alignment. Some people do go out of their way to help others. Some people don't care. But there are very few people that are so self-serving that they will deliberately try to benefit themselves at the expense of others. This is a bit more fluid than the first part of alignment, but I think there are far more good and neutral people out there than evil.

So, by and large, the first half of most people's alignment ranges from Neutral to Lawful, while the second half ranges from Neutral to Good. So, in total, I'd bet 90% of the population is from one of the following alignments:

Lawful Good
    Neutral Good
    Lawful Neutral
    True Neutral

Me, I'm more of a Lawful Neutral kind of guy.

As a comment to a lot of people who have higher-than-normal averages. While I said MOST people would not have an average much in excess of 11, it is certainly not impossible. I can easily see someone having an average of 12, and possibly as high as 13. If you go beyond that, you probably are not assessing yourself correctly.

Based on the strength table, I still say my strength is 15. And there's no way Nalia makes that weight for the 14 in strength, but OK, if that's what it says.

Finally, I would like to form a party. (If you wish to exclude yourself, feel free.)

Myself and Hassassin will be the tanks. We're both fighters, and I'll let Hassassin choose his kit, if he so desires. I'll be a beserker, with proficiencies in (suprise) war hammers.

Spelladonna will be our cleric, and also will be the one who talks to merchants for the best prices.

8people - how about being our mage. I'll let you take a school provided you qualify for it.

Shura - we can't leave him out of the group, although he's going to disagree with his class. Of course, with a high constitution, he's able to become a ranger, and since he's a good shot with a rifle, he could be an Archer. (ducks to avoid Shura attacking him)

Last but not least, we need a thief, and who better than Dendri? She'll steal yourself and still leave you with a smile upon your face.

As an aside, if we're ever all on-line together, it would be cool to at least make an attempt with this group.

2. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

@Shura
    Not now they don't. Your charisma has just taken a dive! ;)

3. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Indeed... Unfortunately Charisma is used measure both mental power and other's opinion of us in 2nd ed...
    What? I'm not into the party... oh well, if i would do a 2nd ed char based on myself i would be a Half-Dwarf Evoker favouring melee combat. :D I can understand why i'm not qualified to be in any party. :D

Chaotic Neutral indeed...

4. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Based on that, I have the worst strength score ever...like in the 7-8 range. However Nalia lifting 80kg above her head when she probably only weighs about 50 is hard to believe..hence:

Strength: 8- I'm pissweak.

Dex-11: I'm fairly nimble, but not excessively so. I have a small frame as well, which is good for sneaking and hiding :)

Con: 9- see strength. However I very rarely get sick...I've had 1 day off school/uni in the last 5 years. Maybe 10.

Int: probably around 14....I ranked in the top 0.5% of my graduating year, have always been in top few in my classes, and usually clock around 140 in IQ tests. So 14 seems about right.

Wis: 11. I can usually see how things work, etc and I'm not completely useless.

Charisma: 10. Apparently I'm a fairly funny guy, though I'm pretty introverted. And I'm fairly middle of the road in looks.

Average around 10.5. Seems right.

5. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31

@Aldeth
    A chaotic alignment doesn't necessarily imply contempt for the law, or at least that's true for chaotic good. Rather a chaotic good person is his own moral compass and does not subscribe to any particular school of ethics. Nevertheless, his actions tend towards good deeds. Laws against violence, theft, fraud and perjury are plain common sense and coincide with my own morality. However, I do not see laws as an end in themselves, merely as a means to promote human welfare, and do not feel bound to observe those which curtail my freedom without benefiting others. Ultimately, the law should be about justice but justice does not necessarily equate to the law.

6. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I'd probably be Chaotic Good (my stats are back the ways) due to not taking any s*it from most folk, but I do have a tendancy to help most people. Added to that I'd most likely be a ranger, mainly because I'm at my most comfortable in the forest, and I'm a country lad :D .

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ Taza - don't take offense to the snub. I was going by BG rules and only had 6. Certainly there were several other people qualified, including yourself, Chris, JSSB, just to name a few. Heck, if you could have more than 6, I would have taken them.

By the way, it is stupid you can only have 6 party members - it's a totally artificial restriction. I don't see why the limit is there even - certainly the infinity engine could handle a couple more characters on the screen. Of course, more than 6 would divide the experience even further, so characters would level up more slowly.

@ Chris

I agree with your points. I wasn't trying to imply that someone who was chaotic necessarily had any contempt for the law. I'm just saying that most people follow the laws even if they don't think it's a particularly good law. A Chaotic Good person would not do this. By definition, if a chaotic good person felt that the law was not for the greater good of society at large, he would not feel compelled to follow it. Maybe I'm missing your point, or maybe we're arguing the same point from different perspectives.

8. Serpent Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ok, here I go:

Str: 8 - I'm a weakling...

Int: 16 - That's what I'm good at.(17 according to Chris)

Wis: 15 - I'm a lot smarter than an average student.

Dex: 9 - Don't throw anything prescious to me - I won't catch.

Con: 10 - I'm not staminant but I rarely get ill.

Cha: 12 - I can get along with people quite well (that is if I want to).

Average is about 11.7 I think i've been honest to myself.

Algiment? Chaotic most definetly. Probably chaotic neutral - I am a bit crazy.

[ November 08, 2003, 15:00: Message edited by: Arachnis ]

9. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Strength- 13, not much to say here, I don't work out because that is so boring, but I do play sports which are improving my strength also.

Dexterity- 14, you can say I am nimble, I am very quick for my length and I do not stumble except when having alcahol in my blood.

Constitution 9-16, 10 because I have absolutely no stamina, 15 because I never get sick and have a nigh impenetrable immune system.

Intelligence 10, average I suppose I wouldn't call a 138 score on an internet iq test very smart.

Wisdom 13, I am aware of many things around me and act on those accordingly, I am more mature than most my age.

Charisma 11, was much lower than this but I am getting much better at it lately. 14 when you take into account what I can get done by others when I want.

Not really really good at anything but certainly not lacking in a particular area as well

One comment though:

BTW there is a very big difference in being good at school and actually being intelligent. In fact I think that being good in school is one of the smaller parts when measuring intellect. Intelligence in my opinion is also how you act in life. I think some people are aiming to high at their score here.

10. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] I have been accepted as a party memeber? Thanks, Aldeth. And while I would prefer being a bard, a thief works just perfectly for me as well. All that pilfering, sneaking and hiding. Yep.

Bountyhunter & Swashbuckler are not my style, but I can see myself as an Assassin. A MALE Assassin!! LOL
    Mistake me for a female again, my foppisch leader, and we'll see what a poisoned x7 backstab does to someone with a Con of 10. Well, right after I have some strength increasing stuff, of course. :D I am a sensitive person... >sniff< Story of my life. You may blame my err euphoric nature on that damnable halfling weed. ;)

Now that thats settled, I agree: There are few evil people out there. *looks nervously at Shura* :D To keep it real I would be neutral or chaotic good, maybe even somewhere in the neutral area. It depends on the mood. My proficiencies: Single weapon style, short bow and dagger. Love that weapon.

11. diebysteel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Str: 6 I am really weak
    Dex: 10 I have an average dexterity.
    Con: 11 Not quite sure about this. I allmost never get ill, but I get out of breath very fast. But even then i allmost ever take all the steps until the last, regardless how hard it is.
    Int: 14 If one point is 10 IQ, when i have 14.
    Wis: 14 I don't think like other people, but i have no problem to understand how other people do.
    Ch: 10 I'm not very beauty, but quite convincingly.

My aligment would most probably be LN.
    I think i could make a mage or cleric (well i am atheist, so i say goodbye to cleric).

12. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    @ Dendri - my bad.

I know a woman named Derdri, and so I suppose I subconsciously associated your name with that of a woman. Obviously, I have no way of actually knowing your sex, seeing as how I've never met you, and you don't have a portrait associated with your name (assuming that men choose male portaits while women choose female portraits).

Regardless this just proves what everyone already knew - I'm an idiot.

13. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

@ Aldeth
    No problem and not your fault either! :)
    But I just had to stop it right there. You know, I have my name from the greek word dendrites, which means something like treeboy, a title for Dionysos. Originally, it was meant for an Avenger I played, but now I use it for all of my PC's.

But thats off topic.

14. Menion Leah Gems: 9/31

I think I'm definetely good, but not sure if I'm lawful/neutral/chaotic. This may sound strang, but I'll explain.

I almost always follow the rules, mostly because most rules are good, but even when some aren't I could comply. Why? Because I don't care enough about a lot of stuff to break some stupid rule and get myself into trouble. I won't do anything against my principles however and I value justice very highly. And if the law doesn't bring that, I will. If somebody messes with me or my friends, they have a problem (me too, because of the law).

@Aldeth
    I don't think True Neutral is a very common alignment. At least, not like the way it's in the game. Then only treehuggers would have it.
    I also disagree with the rest of your theory about alignments. I think there are a lot of evil people out there. And with this, I mean self-serving. But in our modern world, it is probably best for even evil people to act nice and abide to the law.
    There are also a lot of chaotic people around. Chaotic doesn't necessarily mean crazy, it's just that they will do whatever they like. But because some stuff will get you in trouble, they usually won't do very drastic stuff.

15. a soubriquet Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

@Neeraj: Thank you for the emotional support. It probably is true in most cases, not including the fact that most teenagers get acne more easily when they're teens than when they are adults, and have more time to develop and grow into themselves.

I would consider my alignment to be neutral good or neutral evil, depending on my mood and, some times, who I am around. And change the charisma to 8 just because I can :p For class, I would almost definately be a necromancer; necromany has always interested me for some reason...

16. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd probably be Chaotic Neutral, for it an alignment of insane people and changeable people. Ipartly qualify for the first and definitly for the second, I believe in a balance, but not druidically, and do not care to be confined by laws and rules I think are useless.

Aldeth - would be an honour ;) I would probably be a necromancer, favouring life spells and holding a grudge against illusions, they never work and can be seen straight through!

17. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Aye, Aldeth!

Need a "funny" Druid/Bard to yer mutterin' band' o heroes? =) Weak stamina, some strong dwarf could carry me, since i'm like Raistlin :D
    small, weak, frail :D I can be the sarcasm of the group, with good intension ofcourse, and always lecture about the mother Nature :)

I actually have in my mobile phone a Logo of a Unicorn :D I really like nature :)

Or I could be the Harpell Jr. Wizard of the group, always meddling with my sorcerous vocals,casting Wild Surge :) how 'bout that? =)
    Lvl 1 Wild mage, BOOO-yah =)

though, ofcourse I wouldn't remember my spells after 4 hours, but I could PRETEND casting a spell, thus making the enemy (And probably my teamies)run away in terror? :hahaerr:

Aldeth, howcome you could be stupid if you're armed with your mallet O' Thinkin(TM)?

18. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Strength - 13 - Although I'm no muscle man by any wild stretch of the imagination, I live on kind of a rough neighbourhood and could look after myself if needed.

Dexterity - 6 - Not very agile sadly. Not a very good catch or good at athletics or tbh, anything along those lines.

Constitution - 14 - As said above, I've been in the odd fight and can take a few knocks if needed. I can also drink pretty well, as in 10+ pint per session and be on my way :D .

Wisdom - 9 - Average. Some things I can pick up easy, others are beyond me. Kind of a difficult one to judge for me, but I'll be predictable and say average.

Intelligence - 14 - Although I wouldnt say I'm extremely clever, I would say I am slightly above average in this dept.

Charisma - 11 - This one is very difficukt for me to judge on myself tbh. Although, I dont have any enemies and make an effort to get on with everyone I meet. I'd say I'm generally well liked by people I know.

My alignment would be: Neutral Good - Without doubt, this alignment fits me scaringly accurately :s :/

Pretty much a Joe Average person tbh :p

[EDIT: After reading the post about how to measure intelligence I changed my score to 14 as I have an IQ of 144 (test sat approx. 6 months ago, I assume its still valid :p )

[ November 07, 2003, 23:52: Message edited by: Morsmordre ]

19. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] @Aldeth: Actually, with 3rd edition rules, fighters make better archers than rangers at low levels.

Adding on to my stats:

Alignment: Lawful Evil/Lawful Good on the surface. IRL, I have become greatly proficient in the art of hypocrisy and falsehoods.

Adventurer Stats:
    Str: 16
    Dex: 18
    Con: 18
    Int: 14
    Wis: 12
    Cha: 8

Class: Monk/Fighter/Blackguard of Satan :evil:
    Weapon Focus in unarmed strike.

For BG2, however, yeah an Archer seems reasonable but you'll have to SK in an evil alignment. And Archer abilities are unaffected even if the Archer 'falls'. With such unexceptional wisdom, don't expect much spellcasting though.

Favored enemy: Humans in 3rd Edition! :evil:
    But since you can't do that in BG2, I guess orcs will have to do. :(

Of course I'll be willing to join a party, as long as you keep your reputation score below 6 and murder paladins whenever you come across them.
    :evil:

20. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I have completely average stats, like most of you all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.