1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Warhammer

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Divine Shadow, Aug 4, 2001.

1. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Does anyone play it? I need some advice on my dark elf army. I have a lot of trouble
    selecting the right troops for an all-round army (tournament)now the rules has changed. What do you think?

Highborn:
    Deathmask, armour of darkness, sword of might

Level 2 sorcerer:
    dispel scroll

13 executioners: (bodyguard of the 2 characters)
    command group

Noble:
    Normal knight equipment and dragon cloak

Level 1 sorceress:
    Cold one

6 knights: (bodyguard)
    Command group and war banner.

15 witch elves:
    command group

10 crossbowmen:
    shields

10 crossbowmen:
    shields

2 bolt throwers

10 dark riders:
    Command group, crossbows

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I hate the new cold ones. They are plain ugly! Can't help with your army though, haven'th got the new editioen. (I'm also a skaven player at heart)

3. Vile Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Sorry, I have a friend who plays Warhammer and has lots of stuff, but I only know the rules for Warhammer 40K.

4. Skedaddle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I don't know the rules, but can't help saying that Dark Omen was simply the best real-time wargame ever :)

5. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

I'm more of an empire player myself but i also play high elves. Not sure exactly about the new rules for dark elves but i would say get rid of the executioners since they have to strike last(or did they change it?) and the puny elves die too fast.

Those bastards at Gamesworkshop screwed over my kislv army with the new empire army book. Money grubbing bastards!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

6. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I am an Imperialist, Empire in Warhammer, Imperial Guard in WH40K, and have 2kpoint armies for both. I've not played for about a year now, and missed out on the rules changes. Being a stingy little miser, I only owned the armies books and relied on my friends' rulebooks. When they stopped playing there was nowhere I could turn.

7. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Yeah but I need some high strentgh dudes.
    They are the ideal bodyguard:
    The enemy must choose between them or my characters. If they go for my general they can hit really hard. If they go for my troops my characters doesn't have to fear
    ( Well...they cause terror anyway).
    Even if my general dies, they can still kill characters with their killing blow.
    Or should I choose some corsairs instead?
    Does anyone know some good warhammer pages I can search on?
    I tried Ulthuan but there is something wrong with the site, that prevents registrering.
    I can't even email about the problem.

8. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Looks like a defensive army. You might want to dump the knights for spearmen/corsairs. Looks a bit character heavy too, but I haven't played in a few years so I can't say about the new edition. Scouts might be useful.

For a link, check out this forum http://www.role-play.co.uk/cgi-bin/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=3

(Wimps, I have 10000 points worth of undead, most of them skeletons :p)

9. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31

Defensive? I wanted it to be all-round.
    You are right...it might be a bit character-heavy, but a general spearheading the assault is a bad idea. Dies too easy.
    And I need someone with Ld to lead the knights. Don't wan't to fail that stupid stupidity test.
    And without a couple of mages you are really in trouble.
    My witch elves and knights charge directly into the flank of my opponents army, with my general right behind. His leadership will greatly boost their effect, and he has the ability to scare enemies away.
    This is also effective when he charges.
    Meanwhile my missile troops will try to shoot every chariot and missile troops they can find. My bolt throwers will go for any large blocks of troops.
    Finally my dark riders will ride down the other flank and annoy my opponents artellery.

10. Tyresian Gems: 8/31

You don't really need that many mages. I'm satisfied with one level 1 mage of the lore of heavens. Its nice to be able to camp him behind the trees out of place and not reduce his effectivness since his spells don't require line of site. If i were to have two magic users i would make one level 4 and the other level 2 for my army to be magic heavy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.