1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Real life?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taza, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

[​IMG] (My first poll)
    I was wondering if there are "Real people" having "Real Life" here...´
    "Real life" is (at least what other people say) to do something else than watch tv, use computers play rpgs, sleep or schoolwork.
    Do you have much of this "Real life"?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 50 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Real life? (50 votes.)

Do you have much of this "Real life"? (Choose 1)
    * Yes - 64% (32)
    * No - 20% (10)
    * I do not have "Real life" - 16% (8)

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

let see... i am together with a girl, having a few friends... thats better than two month ago... but i dont think that annying people that drink and have sex all the time when they are 14-16 years old is having a life...

See Ya

3. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Real Life...Now that's a noodle scratcher!

I think I have a pretty decent one! I'm not dating anyone seriously right now, but I do have plenty o' friends that I meet up with on the weekends. I have several different groups of people that I hang out with, so I'm usually never with the same group of people more than once a week - it keeps things fresh!

The most difficult thing I struggle with is work/life balance...Making sure my "real life" is fun! I don't know how it is elsewhere, but where I work there is an unseen pressure to try and work between 11-15 hours per DAY. Personally, I think that's ridiculous! I generally try to keep my workday to 8-10 hours per day...I think 40-50 hours a week is plenty! Any more and you barely have time to enjoy yourself.

Other than that, my real life is pretty full! I've completed my education, started my new career, I have a great family, good friends, and I get to travel occasionally...I have just about everything I could want...

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm in a band ... does that count? And I go to parties, conventions ... is that considered a 'real life'?

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I don't really have much of a life. I go to school. I come home. I go on the net. I watch TV, then I play games, and go to bed...

6. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I teach, so school IS my life.

Does that count???

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

1. a techer on sp... you are scaring me... two... IMHO a life isnt like this... spend all day smoking and bragging how much beer you drank last night... then going to a party on the evening where you get drunk, f*cking with anyone you meet, and then brag with it the next day in school...

See Ya

8. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

Real life?
    I don't have a life... :rolleyes: :D :p

9. Falstaff

AssWooper, why is it so scary that a teacher is on SP? All of us need good, visceral forum chat.

10. Turandil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I totaly ignore that ideotic term reallife.
    Why should anyone decide wether my life is real or not?

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Put it this way...

Two women jumped on me at break today and tried to undress me. :eek:

Interpret that as you see fit...

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] The only thing that comes to mind is your clothes were on fire, or you spilled acid or some other noxious chemical on yourself... ;)

13. The Irreligious Paladin Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] By cutting out tv and this schoolwork and most sleeping (which can be done at school ;) ) i'm able to spend above average time on the computer and playing rpg's while beind able to go out and smoke with my friends.

My real life is good.

@Turandil- Anyone with a real life can spell idiotic. :rolleyes:

[ November 14, 2002, 01:22: Message edited by: The Irreligious Paladin ]

14. Atreides Gems: 7/31

Define "real life" that's a bit vague and too general a statement.
    I do other things other than sit at the computer and game (don't watch much TV (unless it's DVDs that I have (most of what's on TV is crap anyway...)) Anyway, when I'm not at the computer or dealing with college, I'm involved heavily with the Civil Air Patrol atempting to make the lives of my cadets easier. A year ago after the terrorist attack in New York the Civil Air Patrol has been put on full alert and our responsibilities have increased a great deal. So, as a radio operator in the organization I have more on my plate. I guess though that it's not a bad thing because I enjoy that sort of thing (probably makes me a strange individual but hey.)

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hmm, isn't all life real. Even if something is fake isn't it still real? Oh crap, I just confused myself, bugger.

16. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

No life here either. In fact, I hardly get enough time to play RPG's anymore. So no real life and no simulated life either. :(

17. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Real Life? RL? What are you kidding me? :p Real life lacks creativity. I have to employ and massage my imagination just to make real life bearable.

"Bear"-able.

:hahaerr:

18. Falstaff

Hmm, reading some of the metaphysical posts here, I cannot help but think of "The Matrix."

What is REAL???

19. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Real Life?????
    Are u telling me that this isnt real life?????

Hmmm I better start getting out more often :D

[ November 14, 2002, 08:43: Message edited by: Kerric ]

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

This poll's definition for "Real life" is what you do not have to do (school, sometimes working), you are not IC (In char), not sleeping and not "escaping reality".

So wake up, go to school/work, go to home, start playing computer/use sp forums/watch tv/play any videogames, go to sleep, wake up... is not considered as "Real life"
    (i know, it is real life, but that is what is meaned with "Real life")

BTW if scool is your life... i dunno if it is real life in any meaning...

[ November 14, 2002, 11:11: Message edited by: Taza ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.