1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Evil service experience

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Oct 31, 2001.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] A week ago my cd writer died - it refused to even read CDs since then. I took the challenge and went to the sensationally cheap shop (named SNOGARD - be aware !!! ) where I bought it, ignoring warning voices from friends about their renowned tech service.

I arrived there and showed my dead cd-writer and told them that I bought it there 6 months ago and that it is out of order. I wanted it to be checked and, if defect, to be sent to the producer Mitsumi (where I have a 1 year warranty).

First he refused responsibility, claimng that when I bought the writer, I also agreed to their conditions - meaning: 2 weeks warranty. Well I asked him to at least check the writer and to send it to Mitsumi-Germany. He answered, when I say that it is out of order he believes me and saw no reason to check out him self. Finally I made him do so and cheerfully he said: "Yes, it is out of order :) ! But we won't send it to Mitsumi for this is a volunteer service and we are here to earn money. If you have any problems with that You should choose to buy a writer from another producer the next time :) !" "... or another trader :flaming: :flaming: :mad: .... " I said when I went away defeated.

This was the last time I bought there. I learned it is better to go to a smaller., local shop with good service instead - even with higher prices :mad:

Later, at home, I contacted Mitsumi-Germany and till now they were very friendly .... I'll keep you up to date about part-2 of this adventure :rolleyes:

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] my hero :D ;)

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

lol :) Seems like a bad hardware error... Some of the people that call the Helldesk I work for also discovered they can better go to a more expensive provider wherre they get more support. You at least didn't have to pay 1$ a minut :)

4. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Wow, that sounds like they way I treat my customers ;) :rolleyes:

That is TRUELY evil! :evil:

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Remember you make them buy stuff Mat ;)

hehe, I'd love to hear what happens Ragusa. Don't you have some political unit in Germany to take care of that kinda stuff?
    We have somthing called, consumers-something where we can ask questions and or send in complaints about such behavior. If they are breaking the law in any way, they will get a fine, serves such bastards right to get a smack in the face

6. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My CD-writer also stopped reading CDs (the lamp was blinking like a maniac). I just turned it in to the place where I bought it, and after a while I got it back. Don't know for sure what they did to it, but I think they send it to Belgium or something. Anyway, I didn't pay anything and the writer works :).

This company is awesome, at least in Norway. You should all use it. Just go to www.komplett.com and select your country.

7. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I am amazed people like that are even able to stay in business!!!!!

8. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well, when you are very technically on your own and you don't need a helpdesk, I can imagine that people choose not to go for service but just for a cheap price, and then fix possible problems by themselves. But you shouldn't by at such a shop when your knowledge isn't high enough to fix such problems by yourself.

9. Ragusa

Media:
    Since I have warranty on it the last thing I'd do is to work on it myself (and except that I lack skill and knowledge to work on a cd writer). My expertise ends at how to assemble a computer myself from pieces.

About how this shop is able to stay in the business: They have an enormous number of customers, coming from far away (due to their low prices) - I even saw people from belgium there frequently. So they don't mind loosing a few disappointed customers. Bastards altogether :flaming: :mad:

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Belgiums are so stupid :)

That's indeed a bad attitude of a bad company. Maybe they will get problems with this in the future... let's hope so :)

11. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] ragusa.. a tip: whenever returning a product that is faulty, never go alone! go with someone - if possible someone who is taller than you - and get them to stand next to you and stare at the shop keeper, but not say anything...

12. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Had a similar experience with this computer. Bought it at a big store here in Stockholm, Sweden called Data Prince. Are we seeing a trend here in name choices and overall quality? :D

Anyway, when I got it, it crashed every time I tried to use the cd, the screen was blurry when I wasn't using the 3d part of the geforce2 card, and the fan made strange, strange noises, revving up and down, now and then. Sounded like a harley davidson at times, I'm not kidding. So, after countless turns with the company, they fixed the cd, I figured out the blur thing myself, aaaand, the fan problem is still around. It's incredibly annoying. So, it was maybe $300 cheaper than in another store, but was it worth it? Hell no, next time I'm getting a Dell from their website or something. :mad:

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Take your computer to the nearest computer repair shop and tell them to change the fan. It's probably the cheapest part of your PC and worth being annoyed with. If it gets full or dust or is faulty by dafault, just tell them to take it out and put a new one in. It's not even worth cleaning when new ones go for $2.50. (Don't know how much they'll charge you for it, but it can't be much more than here.)

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited November 04, 2001).]

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That was the first thing that went on my Patriot. 3 days after i got it the internal fan on the processor blew (pII). Of course they wanted me to ship it too them and i laughed. I forced them to send an onsite technician to fix it. Just whined that it was a business computer (even though it isnt :grin: )and that i couldnt send it back. I have 3 fans total in my computer, and it is definately time for them to be changed.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Update:
    -I contacted Mitsumi and quickly they sent me an e-mail consisting all the info I needed to send my writer to their support (not without telling me that from the very day I got the mail I just had one month time to send it in - otherwise my warranty would be lost).

Today I want to send it in. I managed to wreck my netscape 6.1 mail accout (don't ask me how), loosing all my mails and so I had to call back Mitsumi to check the adress (fortunately I made a print of that mail ;) - yep, paper is patient :D ). The man at the phone tried to tell me that I called *looooooong* ago and my warranty was lost ( :flaming: bastard :flaming: ).

Thanks to my printout I could tell him that *looooooong* ago was less than 14 days exactly and I had a 4 weeks time. He turned cooperative then :mad:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.