1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sadness.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Padeen Dragonblade, Oct 6, 2002.

1. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

LOL!

Eilonwy, believe me, when I was your age I thought the same thing. Trust me, if you just keep it together and tough it out through middle and high school you'll get to experience one of the greatest parts of a human's life: college.

Back in High School, I was the computer geek with no life. I was the guy who got picked on by the jocks when they had a bad day. Now, I have more friends than I ever thought possible and it doesn't matter if I like computer games or Magic: TG or anything.

On a side note:
    I want to find the person who invented the phrases "Let's just be friends." and "No hard feelings?" and shoot them. Twice. In the head. With a bazooka.

2. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Please guys! Goof around a bit! "don't do everything to be 20 and as soon as you are 20 try everything to stay that way" (C.S. Lewis Narniastories). if i see that some of the desperate girls/boys around here around are just what? 15? 16? Go to university, travel around, meet lots of new people and be exactly the way you always wanted to be. Then if you meet someone great for you! but don't long for something that will come in due time. (no offense meant)

[ October 14, 2002, 22:23: Message edited by: aegron ]

3. The Lawful Xaositect Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am eleven years old. I have never had a girlfriend, everyone hates me. I am ugly. I get horrible grades, my life is meaningless. My parents hate me and my mom wants me to see a physchiatrist. At school I only have one friend who will hang out with me and I can't stand him. I adopted and I wish I could live with my real parents. I wish I had someone who cared. My live is **** up! I can't go on like this for another week.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

As have I, the exact opposite happened. That might be likely true to my family moving away from the town that I spent 18 years in right after I finished high school. Because I realized that the hellishness of grade school would not last forever, I tried to change my outlook. Still get paranoid though, but once I managed to leave the cities, things got a bit better. If you try to be more upbeat, things will change for the better.

What is that supposed to mean? Most psychologists will tell you that is not true, and in fact, is necessary for fulfilling one of the basic human needs: companionship.

Shura, you sound like you are telling people to simply give up on ever getting out of these emotions. Do you seriously believe that? Sadness, like all things, will fade with time, despite believing that it won't. If it lasts for a long time though, it becomes depression, and that's when a person starts to need help.

Interesting outlook, but IMHO, an essentially correct one. Life should not be spent on your back...and love is more than simply sex.

I'm thinking a few nukes are more appropriate.

5. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

One happy wave is coming your way Kay! :) :)

Are my little brother and sister weird? they are 11 and 13 and frankly they are still in the stage yuck! boys/girls! please people friendship is essential but boy/girlfriends aren't (no offense meant of course)

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Well, today was rather sad. Some guy died from a seizure last night and schools pretty much been non-operational since lunch. To make things a bit worse, some moron in grade 10 laughed in the middle of a memorial service. Well, lets just say that his bag has been ripped to shreds, though as soon as he is out of teacher protection, he won't have much need for a bag...

7. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I dont want someone
    to sleep with throught the night.
    I dont want someone
    who wants me for my money.
    I want someone
    to hug(maybe kiss) and feel their love.
    I want someone
    To wake up with.
    I want someone
    To love me as purely as I love her.

Padeen Dragonblade!

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Sadness is reading the front page of SP

:cry:

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I agree 6 + 2... I spoke to him almost everyday... :( :cry:

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I hear you 8peeps!!! Between the news about Elementus and the demise of the Infinity Engine...It's been a tough Friday.

I didn't know him except through the few posts I've seen, but it's always sad to hear about things like that.

I am also sad about the Infinity Engine and the ending of a great series of games! I winder if Black Isle, or whoever owns the rights to IE will release the code so groups like TeamBG and other enterprising funsters could make something new!

I've enjoyed the games a lot, and I thought IWD2 was the best yet!

11. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

He seemed like a great guy Bel. Bit of a ruff start on the news front, but he got going in the end... I'm just glad that the last time I talked to him we were telling each other jokes...

12. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

"To love me as purely as I love her."

Hmmmmmm. =)

Other than that, I don't really remember seeing PinkGiraffe ever post. Did he frequent the board game, or roleplaying boards?

13. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] He went on the chat rooms a lot...

I must be really emotional, i hardly know the guy. And I've already used up a lot of Bog role

Frosty
    (emotionaly unstable right now)
    :sosad:

14. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] at first I didn't believe it - I didn't *want* to I've known too many that have... gone.

But now I'm justdepressed about it, I can't believe he was taken! I've gone into a frenzied chocolate mode...

:cry:
    :wail:

[Edit addition]
    When I'm depressed I perform an ultimate act of defience - I have now got my own e-mail adress

[ October 18, 2002, 21:44: Message edited by: 8people ]

15. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

ej, he was a news poster for SP. His boards name was Elementus...

16. Padeen Dragonblade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ummmmmm when did Elementus leave and could someone tell me where he said it if he did?
    Thanks!

Padeen(Why is he gone?)

EDIT: I just saw the front page! I was shoked when I saw what you all meant! It's a true tragedy and I would like it if Tal or someone would dedicate a small part of SP to where names of people who have died and have came to sp are written down in memory!
    Thank you.

Padeen.

[ October 19, 2002, 18:18: Message edited by: Padeen Dragonblade ]

17. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] 24 hours later and I'm still in shock and even though my parents have noticed I'm acting weirder than normal I haven't told them.

Frosty and I had a minutes silence or him yesterday.

18. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I set up a topic on SS yesterday.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.