1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG1 lvl 5 mage spells

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] OK, I only have BG1, no ToTSC, so I am not sure if I can ever be able to cast 5th lvl mage spells, but I was fiddling with the Gate Keeper, out of curiosity, and I noticed there were some lvl 5 spell files, like Cone of Cold, Feeblemind, etc. I gave these spells to my character, leveled him a little bit, and he was able to cast Cone of Cold:although the spell graphic was vastly different and cruder than what I am used to at BG2, it worked! (and killed my party, hehe :p )

But this page tells me the available spells for BG1.

http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/bg/character/spells/wizard/5/

There is no cone of cold here, so? Also, some spells are marked 'ToTSC only' so are these spells not available in vanilla game files, or that you can not find a scroll for them unless you have the expansion? (this can not prevent people from cheating the spells in though, :evil: )

So, what do you say?

2. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

The company took so much effort into creating an XPCap and keeping level5 spells described in the manual away from the game in order to make you buy the crappy expansion, and you destroy their efforts by making your character cast them nevertheless.

How evil :evil:

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

He he he...some caps are destined to be removed.... :shake: Umm, do you really think expansion is very crappy? I am looking everywhere to find one! I will either buy, (if I can find it here!) take from a friend, (none I know has it!) or get it by some illegal means (internet? I asked a friend to search for a download, we shall see...) .... :good:

4. zerox Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I always thought the expansion content was quite good, aside from the issue that i hit the new XP cap before actually getting to it. guess that the price one pays for being anal retentive in finishing quests. agreed the ammount of content is no where near TOB, its mainly a few side quests and one new town to explore, but i think the quests they do have make up for in quality what is missing in quantity.

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Oh, you'll want the expansion. It's got lots of hard battles in it, as well as making the last battle harder and making sneaking harder (applies a penalty for trying to hide in sunlight that wasn't in the original game).

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Felinoid, you are not making things easier for me! :shake: Now I really want to get it!

Say, if I get the expansion in a 'somewhat' illegal manner, (I have a friend who downloads at least two full games every day! And he is willing to help, he says it will take only one day to find it and prepare a new shiny CD for me!) and ask questions about it on here, will I get banned from Sorcerer's Place? :rolleyes:

I have no other option now! :( Please do not ban me or do something bad, like sueing me or whatever penalty is due!

7. BlckDeth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I'm fairly certain that so many people pirate media nowadays, that if Tal were to start issuing bans for illegal downloads, then he might as well shut down SP. :lol:

You should definitely give the expansion a try, though; even if it had nowhere near the content of TOB, it was still a notable expansion.

8. ion Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The expansion is all about quality over quantity. The siqe quests are very well written, especially compared to anything youll see these days.

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

@Black Deth

I hope you are aware that this makes you my accomplice! :D :p ;)

My friend will try to download and expansion for me. If it works I can play ToTSC this weekend...and with the half-year holiday coming up, this means two weeks of non-stop playing! Wah-heey! :banana:

10. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

You'd be wrong. :p However, we're still not supposed to talk about it here. Doing so makes SP something of an accomplice, and Tal can't have that for obvious reasons.

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Ofcourse, ofcourse, forget I ever said anything about....I was just asking about the 5th lvl spells of BG1. Sorry! I have no idea how the topic wandered off to dangerous angles! :good:

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Silverstar, there's way more piracy around than is apparent, but that's simply because most pirates have enough common sense not to make a series of posts about their warez. What I don't know doesn't hurt me. But your posts in here are the equivalent of calling the police station and asking if it was ok that you've shoplifted a few things a while ago.

To sum it up: the only way anyone here will know if you're pirating your games is if you tell us about it, or if you encounter a problem with the warez version of the game and post about it here (not unheard of). The former should be awarded with the idiot plaque, whereas you simply won't get any help here with the latter.

I won't give you the idiot plaque this time, but if you start talking about pirating any games again, you can take a guess what will happen.

13. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

[​IMG] Thanks, I will speak of this no more...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.