1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Wizards Make The Best Bartenders!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mithrilhammer, Sep 12, 2000.

1. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Cold spells...... ahhhhh, nice frosty ale...
    No wages to pay... magical servants doin' all the nasty work...
    Summoning spells when the customers get cranky (hee hee hee)
    And all sorts of other tricks....

Yep! Wizards make the best bartenders. :D

2. Hmmm... that's an interesting point. I always thought the best barkeep would be a 7 and a half foot Barbarian. All he would have to do is glare at troublemakers and say in a very, very soft voice "you what?". And they will slink away.

An enormous axe hung over the fireplace would also help. In case of extreme trouble, a few meaningful glances towards it should be enough...

3. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Of course, a fireball to break up the barroom brawl could be a tad excessive. But I can't fault your logic :)

4. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The worst barman would be a Paladin, no swearing, no fighting or gambling. A tea room within a week.

5. Oh, I think there'd be fighting in a Paladin owned tavern all right.

"You, sire! Did you just spit upon my floor? How dare you expectorate your tobacco juice upon my establishment! Draw your weapon and I will defend my honor!"

6. Mithrilhammer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I have to agree with Boon on that one. First off, I seriously doubt a Paladin would even run a barroom. Too much time needs to be spent in pious contemplation and besides for every gold piece a Paladin earns, a part must be tithed to the church unless he's saving to build a temple or stronghold.

If one did run a barroom tho, it would be awfully clean and probably frequented only by those dedicated to the cause of Good :)

7. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Ofcourse it would be interesting. By definition a paladin has to follow the laws of the land and do only good things. Imagine the mischief you could get up to. Hehehehehe....

8. Boon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I suppose a Paladin could run a Inn as some sought of way station for pilgrims. In the best rooms you could have private shrines. Buy hair shirts for the dedicated and provide wine for strictly medicenal or religius reasons. God help any thieves or adventures who caused trouble.

9. hooligan_inc Guest

Hhmmmmmmmmm.....
    I know every bartender who's worked in the Black Bull (pub near me), and not one of them has been a Wizard, Paladin, Barbarian or whatever

10. No, you have to go to Crouch End for that kind of thing...

<100 bonus points if you understood that comment>

11. Mox Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i dont get it. =)

12. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I would have thought that the traditional fat bold bloke behind the till with a big friendly face and chatty personality would be the best type of bartender...

Now, as you have insulted my profession, i shall have to cast a fools gold spell, give it to a bunch of assasins and get them to hunt you down ;) BWAHAHAH!!!

13. Sol'Kanar Guest

Then, when the assassins realize that it was fool's gold, they hunt you down and show you who the fool is. hehehe

14. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Aha! But i shall cast an invisibilty spell on myself trap them into a room and fireball it BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! ;)

15. Sol'Kanar Guest

[​IMG] Ahhh, one of my own favorite tactics. Nothing like a good fireball to remove any unwanted visitors.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Of course Skull trap works nicely as well...

17. Sol'Kanar Guest

Ahh the skull trap. Kind of like a poor man's fireball.

18. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's an interesting perspective; I've always wondered why people prefer the Fireball over the Skull Trap. They both do the same amount of damage, but there is no saving throw with the Skull Trap, it's area of effect is larger, and it's more versatile since it's a trap and will hang around until someone comes close...

19. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I guess fireball is the funniest way to kill someone with an area of affect method of attack...Hmm...howabout casting a minor globe of invunerbility and then casting stinking cloud followd up with a few melfs acid arrows and to follow up with an invisibilty spell to get away. From the distance and finish the deed with a fireball...that ought to kill em good!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.