1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Damona Silvercloud, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Happy Thanksgiving to those that celebrate the day, and for those that don't, Happy Thursday.

2. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Thanks! I'll also give a thanks to all you guys and princesses :p for making my life uhmm funnier. Remember. Life is not a walk on roses, but what prevents us from wearing good shoes?

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited November 22, 2001).]

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

????

Now this is strange...

I remember the word "thanksgiving" from SoA forum... Am I missing something over here? I mean, noone mentioned thursday there...

Awwww, my head hurts, my feet stink and I hate Jesus.

4. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Thanksgiving is about giving thanks to people you care about Extremist. It is a tradition around the world. :)

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Bah Nobleman. I have Valentine's day for the people I care.

All around the world? You have up there my "redneck" comment on that illusion pal! Last sentence in the post.

6. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] I wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate it as well. Here is to a great day of lots of food and maybe some good wine! And of course----being with family.

7. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Sure Extremist, my life is illusions ;). Ok I was a bit cocky. The new one. It SHOULD be celebrated around the world. I use valentines day for dating. Try to anyway. heh. :spin:

Edit; My version of Thanksgiving is sharing happyness, anyway. Just to settle things. :)

Someone else has this "true" meaning of thanksgiving. here

The supposed meaning is this: here

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited November 22, 2001).]

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hah, in Norway we are not forced to give thanks to anyone :D.

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Nobleman, you forgot this link.

10. Azirath Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah happy Thanksgiving to everyone, my family celebrates the holiday, though I don't particularly care for it. Anyway, I bid you good luck this day, and I hope your turkey isn't dry ;)

11. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Only things we celebrate over here are xmas and vday. and bdays of course :grin: Nobody gives a rat's ass about anything else. I mean, you don't get a gift for independence day :heh:

12. Is it actually possible to celebrate Thanksgiving? I mean, celebrating when you give thanks? I find that weird.
    In any case, for Thanksgiving, I went to my local church, ate some not-to-great turkey, played pool, and watched Whose Line. One of the best holidays I've had. (Just kidding) :D

So what did you all (I refuse to say y'all) do for Thanksgiving? (assuming that you celebrate the confounded holiday, that is. :))

13. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I'm thankful for all the people who feel they need to share what they are thankful for to me. I am thankful for all the people who are swimming in shitholes and are still gasping for the good air.

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

We also don't celebrate Thanksgiving. My opinion is that there shouldn't be a special day for that. It's just like mother's day and father's day and many other days. Be thankful to others ALWAYS. Then I don't ened thanksgiven :)

15. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Mollusken: Yeah, it's good to be free, isn't it? :p
    And they call it the land of the free over there? Bah. :D

16. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Such negativity.

Thanksgiving was originally celebrated here in America for a very good reason. It is a shame that it has now turned into a holiday where people just get together and eat good food and play cards or whatever. But, the reason it was created in the first place was an excellent reason to celebrate! At least for us.

It was to celebrate a new found freedom of religion and a hopefully bright future on the shores of a land they had never been too where they could set up their own rules and live a life they wanted to live. But, most importantly, it was celebrated when the indians came and taught them how to survive off the land. How to plant crops and make them grow bountiful. Most of the people who first journeyed to America either died on the ship over, or died after a really harsh winter once they reached the land, do to cold and lack of food.

When the first crops were harvested, the "Pilgrims" or those to first settle on American soil, celebrated with the Indians who had taught them how to survive and gave thanks for their food and their new found home.

Now, because that was so long ago, I just try to be thankful for what I have in my life and what has been given to me over the years. I mean really-----think about it. Who do you know that goes thru everday of their life being thankful for what they have? Most people go thru life being upset because of what they don't have. IMHO taking a day to celebrate and give thanks for the good things that have come into your life is a perfectly good reason to celebrate.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.