1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

White boy rap

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dark Xan, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Im sorry guys but I ***HATE*** those arrogant Beastie Bithces. Its porbably just a matter of taste but those babyface wasters really get on my tits.

I think its also funny the way they portray this image of being bad, but then ask Prodigy not to play "Smack my bitch up", becasue they were offended by the lyrics :D

My bad on the Cypress Hill, you can never tell form the album covers, and I dont mind ICP, they're funny (even though if they cut down on the swearing they'd be a lot better)

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That's a bit harsh for Linkin Park. I've had the CD for a while, and I'll admit they might very well be heading straight for popdom. I really don't care enough to bother noticing. The record was ok; certainly not metal but hardly close to anything live Eve6 or NSinc or whatever. I'll bet based on where one of the videos I saw on MTV was heading, their next album won't be worth buying. But much like other bands that have been homogenized and assimulated:borg: into the pop rock scence that has just about eroded everything good that happened in the early 90's, their first (assuming it was their first) album was pretty good. God, what the hell happened to rock anyway?:toofar:

Oh yeah, this topic was about white boy rap. Whoops. BTW it's mostly ridiculous.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited November 12, 2001).]

3. Linael Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

White boy rap...
    Anyone heard of Snow. (he sang "Informer")
    What happened to Snow guys?

Linael

4. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Any one of us, could easily take eminem. Thats my take.

5. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

I think that the majority of enima's listeners do not take it as a joke. And alot of young kids easily impressionable are listening to that crap. The people in media have to sit back and think about who is listening to their music and how its effecting them.

6. Gash Gems: 14/31

I hate Eminem and all he stands for, he's just white trash whop suddenly commands a lot of power over a lot of impressionable people and now he's abusing that power, a fact he never ceases to remind us of.

And there's the fact that if he had his head any further up his own arse we'd lose him...

7. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

eminem, fred durst,staind,linkin park,and all pop bands, should all be sent to an island and then have the island blown up

8. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Good one Dark Xan! And yes, Snow was great, but he's gone now...

9. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] Just to add to the statistic. Eminem Sucks. His raps sound like a hmmm. nothing really. Except when he is whining about people hating him. Then he is just pathetic. Shut that guy up please. :)
    Unless someone can explain to us how his texts have some great stuff to say, we can bury him for good. Cool.

I really like some danish rappers. "Østkyst Hustlers". Too bad none of you know danes. heh. :)

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm... rap has never really been my thing, but I have to say that Finnish Rap rules! There are several people who do it in FInnish, as well as those who do it in English. They're really good, even if I don't listen to them actively.

On the note of Eminem... I like listening to him, because he is extremely amusing! I mrean, I usually atart to laugh at some point...¨

But he also has stuff to say. Take Stan, for a sample. It's a really scary picture that he paints...

Ara
    (Also hates annoying boy groups... unless she gets nostalgic, then it's Backstreet Boys...)

11. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

whats nastalgic mean i hear it every so often and wonder what it means

12. LordNocturne Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

In my Not-So-Humble-Opinion Rap bites the big one. The majority is Sex, Money, More sex and Drugs. Eminem is just.. messed up. Beastie Boys aren't that bad, actually. ICP isn't rap - It's comedy. Have you ever heard the Dating Game? It's hilarious.

Btw, N`Suck, The Backstreet Faggots and all the other 'singing groups' should be shot in my point of view.

Peeps who play their own music and even WRITE their own Songs, are Cool. I.e. Staind, Linkin Park, Godsmack, Creed, 3 Doors Down. That kind of thing.

If you can't tell, i'm into rock in all it's forms :)

13. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Hey Arch another good danish rap group: gramsespektrum!!!

Oh by the way i hate eminem too.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    For me, good music is either old and British (David Bowie, Billy Idol- the original peroxide bad boy!) or Finnish rock/pop.

I just realized that Eminem actually is a Billy Idol-wannbe!

Nostalgic being that I listen a song because it brings back memories... not because it's any good. I had the time of my life when I listened BSB actively... the only timein my wretched live that I have been happy... The fifth grade. :)

Ara
    (Sick and whacked... but never gob-smacked)

15. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

yeah the dating game is hlarios its one of thier funniest songs ever but there are other songs of thiers that are close

icp also does serious rap, for example wicked town, the song they did with kottonmouth kings

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.