1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

White boy rap

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dark Xan, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

whats everyone think about white boy rap like the kottonmouth kings, ICP, twiztid and beastie boys

i personally like it

btw:i hope THIS isnt offencive......it seems like all my posts people turn them against me

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Well I like the Beastie Boys if that makes you feel any better:) The other groups I could care less about. I do have an ICP record, but then that was more for amusement than anything else.

3. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

lol ICP is funny

4. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

beasties are ok, video for sabotage was funny

5. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

'Sup, yo? DJ Jazzy Shralp comin' atcha from the capital the free world, yo.

I just wan'ed give a shout out to my homie Vanilla Ice. Dat b-yatch gots to get hisself together wif a band and start pumpin' out da rhymes, y'all!

Sheeeeeeet.

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Shralp is obviously the worst white boy rapper. Eminem really sucks... BB isn't bad but black rap is better.

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Beasties are cool. Eminem is a lameass with a chip on his shoulder. Maybe he could get together with Vanilla Ice and have the weakest group ever.
    The rest I don't know about.

8. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i kinda liked vanilla ice.
    but i was 7 at that time i think.
    no idea.

9. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Cypress Hill of course....

10. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

dude... cypress hill... not white boys

11. Linael Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Rap = Biggest Music out there!

Eminem (Talented) is 100% fake, so he is not really that different to Vanilla Ice.

Not forgetting Rap-Metal like
    Linkin park (~cool~)
    Sum41 (~blargh... youngsterz~)
    OPM (~Recommended~)
    etc...

12. The Amazing Oopah Gems: 7/31

Scuse me? Sum 41 rap-metal? I think they're more "power-pop" myself :p.

Cypress Hill aren't white - B-Real is Mexican (I think), Senn Dogg is Cuban, but I dunno about DJ Muggs.

Oh, and the Beasties rule - sorry Gash :D.

13. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

DJ Muggs is a white boy.

Eminem actually has some really good shit to say, if your mind is open enough to listen to him.

Eyedea from the Twin Cities is an excellent freestylist. (Also, a white boy) He's won some prestigious awards for battling. But I'm thinking a lot of you kids here don't know too much about that.

The Beastie Boys are tight. Check Your Head and Hello Nasty were very tight albums.

ICP sucks, unless you're about 11 and just being introduced to cussing - and your anatomy.

There are a lot of phat white DJ's on the underground scene. Underground is the key word there.

Heh, I'd be willing to bet though, that you kids don't even know what a 40 of 8ball is.

14. the_eleven Gems: 14/31

Old E, charcoal filtered to achieve that high quality flavor!

15. Kitiara Gems: 14/31

I cant believe you can say that eminem (or enima as i call him) has good stuff to say! I have listened to his horrible hate filled lyrics. Not only that, his views of how women are to be treated are appaling!! :flaming: :mad:

16. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31

he sucks except for the song criminal wich is hilarious

[This message has been edited by Dark Xan (edited November 10, 2001).]

17. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I'd also shy away from calling lincoln park "rap-metal". I'd say more rock-rap, easy on the rap side. Sum 41? Eck...definately powerpuff..err, I mean powerpop:grin:

18. The Wise The Grey Gems: 7/31

Kitiara, if you take him seriously, then yeah, it's pretty offensive. Just understand that he isn't serious at all, and if you're pissed, then all that he really intended to do has been accomplished. When he IS serious, it's blatant, and he has a very clever way of proving a point. I won't listen to a few of his songs, because they're completely tasteless. But I have a warped enough sense of humor to appreciate what he really wants to accomplish.

As far as the hate goes, well, I've borne profound hatreds, so I understand. That's about it.

[This message has been edited by The Wise, The Grey (edited November 10, 2001).]

19. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Like the previous poster said, if you are upset by eminem he has achived his goal. He has said in countless interviews that he is not serious that its just for fun. I think Eminem is decent but all hiss succes he can thank Dr Dre for without Dre Eminem is nothing. But you still cant compare him to Vanilla Ice, Eminems lyrics can be good and interesting.
    About Cypress Hill like westside connection sad one white boy and two f***ing cubans :p

Beastie Boys are real good one of my favourite bands the are "for real" :D

But the other bands you mentioned i have never heard of. There is only one group that succesfully blended rap and metal and that is Onyx all other bands that do that are complete and utterly sheit.

20. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31

Linkin park are a damn boy band!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.