1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #7

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My sister has got them, and I actually red them (I know they're for girls, but I was really bored ;) ). Imho they weren't that good, the story was somehow O.K. but they were really bad painted (you could nearly recognize anything at battles) .

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Summer vacation... yay.
    Summer university... yay?

Take a look where I live: uwasa.fi

Tada.

That big white building in the foreground is Tritonia, a library, and the long brick building behind it is the university. At its left side is Vaasa Polytechnic. Oh, and me home is a really, really small, black spot among the red ones at the left side of the river (in the background).

Bugs... Yay.

Those links will show you different parts of the campus area. "Technobothnia" is a laboratory, "Fabriikki" is the place where some of the classes are held and "Tervahovi" is an art gallery. Under the first pic is an small shot snapped in front of the library; behind that glass wall is 'Tritonia Cafê.' Those red building at the right side of the photo are offices. Don´t walk in, or the bureocrauts will eat you.

Thanks of your tour and hopefully you enjoyed of these past 15 minutes, we hope to see you again.

3. Ex-Paladine Banned

In summer where should I go:

Germany
    USA
    Britain
    France

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Switzerland. Lots of lovely snow.

5. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

In the summer ? I seriously doubt that.

Maybe on the Jungfrau-Joch, but ski, no, no, no.

6. Ex-Paladine Banned

I don't think to go Switzerland. I think to go England or France...

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @Paladine: How much do you want to spend, and what do you like to do?

I'm having a VERY un-productive day here at the office, but after the last two weeks of insanity that this project has provided, I deserve it!

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Come to England :wave:

Where would you be going and why?

9. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    summervacation? hah, im gonna stay here and work

10. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Hmm...this thread was very successful. 428 posts!! And I'm the 429th, weeeee! :roll:

11. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Alexander the Great, these threads are always succesful! ever since slappy started 'The official doh nothing has been posted topic' [if i recall the name correctly] and then when that got too big tal gave us the randam babbling posts, this is number 12 at least [i remember the count starting twice :confused: ]

Why they are succefsul? it's like chat but slower! And it's like spam but of a better quality, this is grade A spam.

/me puts on a spam inspectors uniform

[edit] just checked - It went from slappys 'The Official 'Doh, nothing has been posted' Post '
    to the 'Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense' 1 through 6. Then it changed over to 'Random Babbling Post' 1 through to 7 (this one). I believe the name was shortened because there simply was no sense :p (not that there ever is)

So including the 'Doh.....' this is number 14, or just of just the official ones it's 13 (ooooo unlucky!).

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Praise the lord for the series of randomness protecting the rest of the boards from pointless spamminess!

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Praise Tal more like! Wait. Tal, lord, is there a difference :grin: ?

Oh and of course all praise to Slappy for the original post! I remember how long that one took to fill up, so much longer than these new ones. Then again there were far fewer 'regulars' and newbies didn't seem to come to whatnots, maybe they were intimidated :p

14. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] I was nervous about coming onto whatnots when I was new

15. Volsung Gems: 14/31

No offence meant, but why is everyone always licking Tal?

:thinks about posting a topic:

16. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Alaxander the Great, because he is our god :angel: :good:

Oh you mean really? This is his sight, his boards, he sets and (with the help of the other admins/mods, who we also 'worship' ) enforces these rules. He provides us with a great service, SP. All hail Tal! Hmm this reminds me of the SS topic dedicated to sucking up to tal ( 'why we love our mods' i belive was the title).

8people, i agree with you there. Most people come here to ask a question or two on a game IMO. If they stick around they eventually notice the miscellaneous (sp) forums, whatnots and the like. Whatnots is rather more opening now, i'd say a year or so back it almost seemed like a sacred ground, where the 'regulars' (if we're drawing a line in the sand between us [the regulars] and them [the 'n00bs'] ) would have our own private topics.

Of course this was just an imagined illusion, but it didn't seem as welcoming as it does now. These random babbling topics do seem to break the ice, and more people come here for the feel now rather than the games (in ye olde days you came for the games and stayed for the atmosphere, hmm sounds a little like a brothel ;) ).

Well i've said my piece, i bid ye adieu!

17. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Yes that's true. When I was a new one (lol I'm still a new one but I'VE GOT 57 POSTS! CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS?) I didn't know (nor care) about whatsnots and Misc. Forums. But now I proudly say: IT ROCKS ;)

Who is this slappy?

18. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Alexander I am sure Tal thinks would rather be without me.

So not everyone is trying to squeeze their way into his coolbook in more or less noble ways. When he hates me some more. I'll donate some more... :1eye: :hahaerr:

EDIT; Slappy? Slappy is the Mentor of all us early Linkers and helping hands of the gameforums. He is the linkmaster who guided even such mythical people as Wildfire and Lokken into the joy of helping others. As he Oozed into the horizon of his own MatureGaming Boards, it was just a matter of time untill the rest of his padawans slipped away too. Slappy, Wildfire, Lokken, Headbanger, BigB and I are but shadowy figures of the everpresent Counsil of Aid which once roamed the gaming boards here on SP. Other people have taken over now. Though the six of us are not yet completely forgotten. Something is sturring in the depths of Morrria... *Insert rumbling groan*

[ May 06, 2003, 13:40: Message edited by: Nobleman ]

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

We should write the History of Sorcerers Place. Such an epic story it would be.
    'And then, the demigod Slappy came and said, "Doh, Nothing has been posted." And so he started the great tradition that continues on to this day, the tradition of Random Babbling.'

An extract from the Holy Book of the Sorcerer.

20. Volsung Gems: 14/31

When was SP created?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.