1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #7

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Apr 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I remember downloading some wallpapers :rolleyes: with my IT teacher lurking from behind waiting till I finally turn the thing off and saying 'you've already downloaded this one' a few times when I messed the sequence a bit.

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Eze, I can't help asking -- do a lot of boys try to get your attention? You seem to constantly be annoyed by your classmates who are male. If they are making passes at you even though you've already told them to leave you alone, simply step in close, as if you're going to kiss them, and then raise your knee up sharply into his groin area. After that, the boy will leave you alone, if he has any brains in his head!

3. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I remember when I set a picture of Mr. Bean Laden as the background on some of the school computers :lol:

4. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

They just say idiotic things and mock me and think they're so funny.

Need Ghost Ship fic. Need it. *cries*

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Yeah, i've got 666 posts.

you know THE number.

And i just watched Black Addler. Truth be told i didnt undestand about one quarter of what they said :rolleyes:

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] So, Remind me how long it is till Boo gets banned again? ;)

7. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I should prob say sorry for the misbehaviour of my fellow Dutchman :p , he acts like he has a drugsproblem, meaning: he has never used :D

8. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Tal, I was kind of joking -- I know everyone is supposed to read the rules and clicks the button that says they did -- I was speaking from the same place as when I advocate IQ testing before we release reproductive organs to people!

Gothmog, BlackAdder is VERY British. It is very difficult for people to get it if they do not live in England -- I'm sure that I miss a good percentage of the jokes, and I'm a native English speaker!

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'd give Boo a week to a month, more or less, give or take.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I reckon about 2 weeks or a bit less.

11. Eze Gems: 24/31

Week.

Wish happy birthday to Mister Sean Bean. He's 44 today. Hehe.

*Eze and Neo sing happy birthday*

Need... to... see... Equilibrium... Need... to... see...

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Sean Bean is 44??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hmm, I've gone off him slightly

13. Eze Gems: 24/31

Yep, he's 44. Lol. Viggo is 45 I think. And still ppl fancy him.

*trots off*

14. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Random useless info but rather interesting ;)

"'Dog kennel' is redundant The Latin 'canis' (dog) served as the base for the word 'canile' (dog house) This word entered French as 'kenel', which the English changed to kennel Thus, a kennel couldn't technically be for anything else but dogs"
    "'E' is the most frequently used letter in the English alphabet, 'Q' the least"
    "'Fine turkey' and 'honeycomb' are terms used for different qualities and textures of sponges"
    "'Flushable' toilets were in use in ancient Rome."
    "'Fortnight' is a contraction of 'fourteen nights.' In the US 'two weeks' is more commonly used."
    "'Hang on Snoopy' is the official rock song of Ohio"
    "'Hat trick' comes from cricket, where at one time, if a player scored three consecutive wickets, he was awarded a hat"
    "'I am' is the shortest complete sentence in the English language"
    "'Jaws' is the most common name for a goldfish"
    "'Kemo Sabe' means 'soggy shrub' in Navajo"
    "'Lanugo' is the soft woolly hair that covers the human fetus, and that of other mammals, during development It is shed and virtually disappears at birth"
    "'Long in the tooth,' meaning 'old,' was originally used to describe horses. As horses age, their gums recede, giving the impression that their teeth are growing. The longer the teeth look, the older the horse."
    "'Nice' is derived from the Latin 'nescius', ignorant (from 'nescire', 'not to know') Its meaning in the fourteenth and fifteenth centuries commonly was 'foolish' or 'wanton'"
    "'Ough' can be pronounced in eight different ways. The following sentence contains them all: 'A rough-coated, dough-faced ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough, coughing and hiccoughing thoughtfully."
    "'Ping-Pong' is a registered trademark of Parker Brothers"
    "'Q' is the only letter of the alphabet that doesn't appear in the name of any of the United States"
    "'Rhythms' and 'syzygy' are the longest English words without vowels"
    "'Second string,' meaning 'replacement or backup,' comes from the middle ages. An archer always carried a second string in case the one on his bow broke."
    "'Singapore' means 'City of Lions,' but none have ever been seen there"
    "'Smut' gets its name from the fungus that lives in corn kernels"
    "'Stewardesses' is the longest word that is typed with only the left hand"
    "'Strength' is the longest English word with only one vowel"
    "'The Mouse Trap,' by Agatha Christie is the longest running play in history."
    "'Typewriter' is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard"
    "'Vader' (as in Darth) means 'father' in Dutch"
    "'Whence' means 'from where,' so 'from whence' is redundant"
    "100,000 cubic feet of water pours over the Niagra Falls every second"
    "100,000 years ago, the human gestation period was 15 months"
    "19th century tooth powder often contained porcelain, smashed coral or cuttlefish bone"
    "2,500 lefties die each year using products designed for righties"
    "25% of all cookies baked in the United States are chocolate chip"
    "27% of US male college students believe life is a meaningless existential hell"
    "3% of all photos taken in the US are taken at Disney World or Disneyland"
    "4,000 people are injured by teapots each year"
    "40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals"
    "54% of Americans prefer to 'fold' their toilet paper rather than 'wad' it"
    "67 million pounds of pesticides and about 3 million tons of fertilizer are used annually on lawns in the US."

15. chevalier

Media:
    If!

But generally once you knee-kick his vulnerable sector between the thighs, you're done away with his cerebral functions ;)

16. Astin X Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Bored of the alley, bored, bored, bored...
    Its just - I hate the US / I love the US. *sigh*

17. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

That's why I hate to discuss politics. I always get either really mad or just tired because people don't want to change their view on things.

18. chevalier

Media:
    Technically the problem is with you since discussion doesn't rely on people changing their views after listening pro forma to your reasoning for a while.

Of course some people are logically-impaired and thus they don't really reason and they don't really judge the others' reasoning either and they just drift from what fancies them now to what fancies them next - or have a fixed brain.

But still, as a rule, it's not required by politeness to make tiny little concessions to show yourself as open-minded. This fad is in fact another fixation set in stone... Internally contradicting is an euphemism referring to it.

19. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    New gem anyone?

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.