1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are you brave enough? What do you do?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by jbigdaddy, Feb 1, 2002.

1. jbigdaddy Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

It's funny to look at what kind of posts people make, to look at there custom names if they have them or their online names then try to imagine how old they are or what they do.
    I don't really do this, I just come to think of everyone as people who have been brought together because we love RPG'S, and just come to think of them as there online names and personas. It's funny and kind of cool when you discover peoples real name and occupation, it makes you realise how broad and far reaching the love of RPG'S is.
    So anyone willing to post here?
    Ok, I guess I will take the first step at the risk of being the only one to post.
    My name is Jason I'm from New Zealand and I'm an english teacher in Japan, but you wouldn't know it from my spelling or grammer.(In my defence I only really have time to post early in the morning before work, or after work, in both cases I'm pretty tired.) Lame excuse I know. I've been playing pen & paper D&D forever, I love Gary Gygax's Dangerous Journies and RPG in general. Well, I'm going to sleep now, hope I'm not the only one who ends up posting here.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] ....takes a deep breath ....

My name is Tim. I work as a National Sales Rep for Worldcom, selling Web Hosting, Internet Access, Local or Long Distance Voice, ATM, etc...

I grew up playing Basic D&D and moving up through Advanced and all the other variations. Married with a baby, I don't have time for P&P D&D anymore, so this place and a few games have to serve as a surgote.

3. Feirhanith Dengeird Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I am Ash, compared to you i am a youngster of 15. i live in Devon England. I have only gotton into rpg's in the last couple of years. i play p&p D&D and computer rpg's. I enjoy going outside and thats where im off now, bye........

4. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31

oh well here goes:

I'm Lexington but here in Canada I go by Chris so I guess that's my name now I'm a student in grade 8. 14 years old I grew up learning the martial arts and D&D are my spare time When I don't study I teach the Arts as my father's second man like I say'd I'm from Canada but I was born and lived in Romania Europe lived there 10 years and mouved to Canada. My good ma that is my life

cheers

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My name is Kevin. I live in Massachusetts, USA (Northeastern part of the country). I am a software developer (currently coding Java) for a company called Kronos.
    I am 35, married, and have a 16 month old son.

I started playing D&D in the late 70's. I started computer gaming (and programming) in the early 80's playing Taipei and Zork on TRS-80's in my high school.

[This message has been edited by Jack Funk (edited February 01, 2002).]

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I am a meat popsicle!

Okay, okay, just kidding - I saw the 5th Element again on cable the other day....

I am in between things at the moment (that sounds kinda cool, actually) I am a former bank drone (minor executive) turned champion of Justice (recent law school graduate). I am hoping to be knighted (or given my license to steal - depending on how you view lawyers ;) ) in April after I pass the bar exam.

7. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I'm Lisa,and I'm from Union Beach, NJ. I'm 23, married and I have a 3 year old son. I just went back to college to start on my degree in history. Eventually, I plan on teaching at the college level.

I love D&D, paper and pencil, on the glowing cyber box of doom, anywhere at any time. I'm destined to be a geek my whole life.

8. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm Christian duh, lol, from Quebec in Canada, I'm 18 and I Teach Taekwondo, that's why I like the monk so much :)

Chris

9. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Well hello my name is robert and i am an alcholic...opps sorry wrong meeting. Anyway i am 18 and I live just oustide of Brantford Ontario(Canada). I am presently in my last year of highschool(OAC) and next year I am going to college to become a programmer.

10. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hi, my name is Mike. I live in South Bend Indiana, USA. I'm 15, single and cant stop thinking about RPG's. I got in to P&P D&D last year and was hooked. I came arross Buldars Gate, I'm still hoked on that(I'v got to finish it soon.) I found SP while looking up BG1 to see what it was about. I came back here a few times and then joined. SP hasn't let me down yet. And now I'm compleating my 3rd life long dream, running my own working campain! I'm a freshman in high school and I'm eather going to be an arkatect or programer, maybe work for Bioware:)

11. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31

Well Chris it seams we have a lot in common you teach tekuando I teach Martial arts we are name brothers to some extent but Chris is not my real name so I salute you my friend

Cheers Brother

12. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Hi, My name is Miklós, I'm from Hungary, and I study literature and aesthetics on an university. I'm 23 years old, and have been playing Rpgs for eight years. I started with a hungarian fantasy system, called Magus, but I play Dungeons and Dragons and Vampire the masquerade as well. I'm both a player and storyteller.

13. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31

So you'r from Hungary then you must know about Romania used to be my old country before I mouved

14. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Yes Romania is east of Hungary. There are a lot of hungarians in Romania, even some of my friends are from transylvania, once the part of Hungary, now the part of Romania.

15. total Guest

I'm Petar and i'm in D&D from BG1, since then i tried Dark Sun, Torment, Might & Magic, Fallout, and maybe something i forgot. I'm student with extra time for playing. I tried P&P D&D but never hooked on it. So, that is it!

16. My name is . . . aw crap, those KGB guys are at it again.

Just kidding. I'm David, an Asian-American teenager who has fairly good grades and can't bench press for crap. I live in . . . somewhere.

17. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My name is Joakim, I am 21 year old teacher student. I live in dark and rainy Sweden.

18. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Hi my name is Matthew James Hazel, but please call me Matt. I am from Brisbane of the state of Queensland in Australia. I am called Alienboy because that was my nickname in grade 9. Somehow I am good at most things I do. I started playing videogames at two years of age.I am now in Grade 11. I am a drama Queen, computer geek, athlete, nerd, and ladies man.

Socerer's Place is now my home and the people here are friends and family(for dramatic effect, I got friends at school too.) :)

Tribute to:
    Taluntain ,Lokken,Wildfire, Extremist, Mathetais, Ragusa, Lord Savervok and many more(mostly new people).

Thanks for being cool(In a nerdy sort of way)!;)

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited February 06, 2002).]

19. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I'm Chris(a different one than the one above)
    Im 20 and live in Vernal, Utah, USA just a little ways out from where the olympics will soon be held.

As you might tell from my name, Im no angel. I've done many things in my life im not proud of... and some I am(lets see YOU shoplift a 3 litter of soda!) But on a brighter note, my theft rate is down, I dont smoke or do drugs anymore, and drinking is not recently and I dont know if I will anymore.

Im in between jobs right now, but I've been(squentially):Log yard worker, Fast food burger flipper, Computer Tecnitian, Heavy rig Grease monkey, burger flipper(part deux), Radio DJ, Shoe Salesman, Sporting Goods department manager, and finaly Magazine Writer/Graphics editor. All the while Juggleing Collage and Social Life and Car Payments for a big american sportscar, and all of that.

I started on Console RPG's with FF1 when I was 8 and that lead to D&D and many other things, that lead unto my posting this message now.

20. Alienboy Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Im impressed a 3 litre! How'd you manage that? What store? Nice to see your being good now:). Tell us about the Olympics if you go, ok?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.