1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone seen it 2+ times?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

I work at the local cinema so Lord knows how many times I've seen it. *Sigh* At least I dont know the bloody script like I did with Harold...

2. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I've seen it twice, once with my uncle (wich if don't remember a while back me telling evryone in this message board that The Wise, The Grey is my uncle)(he hasn't been back on for a while either) and once with my dad and I still wouldn't mind seing it again.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'll see it again soon. Yes Ramses I am a fanatic ;) Sniper, the first 10 minuts are really important, that is the introduction.. about the first war against Sauron where the ring was conquered etc... Go see it again ;) Then I have seen the movie 3 times and read the books 3 times... So what would be stronger? I will read the book again to kepe my own images and thoughts and not be too much influenced bye the movies.. WHen I think of a character, i see him like I imagined him and not like he looks in the movie.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've seen it only once, but due to my good visual memory, i can almost remember it scene-by-scene. Of course, having read the books 7+ times helps, too...

Ara
    (If Episode 2's name will be Attack of the Clones, I'll boycott it! I'll just go see it twice on the opening day...)

5. Namuras Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I will also see it again soon... If the first time was fantastic (which it was), and the second even better (which it was), what will the third time be like, then? :hmm::happy:

I'm also a fanatic.

6. Rolsuk Fryulee Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I lost count at six. It's my favorite movie.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have LotR on video now :)

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Twice, but has anyone ever noticed how some people can bring topics back from the dead?

9. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Yes I've noticed it, but it's better than opening the new thread about it.

And I've seen it only once. I don't plan to see it ever again. I despise it and I mean it, and I'm unsure if I'll watch the next part.

10. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I saw it in the cinema because I couldn't get into the book - which i struggle to rad every night

11. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

The question is, how many times will people see the second movie?

Extremist, we all know how much you can hate things. *cough*NWN*cough*

12. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Lets see, I've seen it three times in cinima's and another two or three times at home

13. Belwar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I've seen the movie 2 times in 24h :D .I think that the movie was better than the book.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] The film better than the book??! Amazing. I've seen the film once and that first time was the also last time for me.

15. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Be nice, Ragusa. You must remember that the film is a different media from the book, and necessarily has to be different. Personally I can't think of many things that they could have done better.

And I have read and watched LOTR many many many times...

16. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Why should I be nice? The whole film is highly questionable, and IMO anything else but a masterpiece. Part-I was horrid - why should I expect that part-II will be better - eventually there are the same actors, and worse, the same regisseur :almostmad: That a film is a different media than a book has far too often been a welcome excuse for holywood to produce crap. Additionally the hype around the movies sickens me. :almostmad:

17. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] thrice, thrice, thrice...

18. Vengeance Incarnate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I have to admit that the movie wasn't as good as the books, but it wasn't that bad.

19. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i agree with ragusa... i dont like LoTR but i LOVE the D&D movie... gotta be a number two of that one...

20. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ragusa, the topic is debatable. I'll just tell you to go and make another FoTR movie, and then when I see it, maybe I'll find the other movie questionable, until then, the real one is the best so far. We all know if that guy who saves the hobbits from a tree was added to the movie, it'd be AT LEAST 5 hours long. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.