1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Big "Personal Fun-Facts" Thread

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Death Rabbit, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

HEY! Here's 4 Canadians who didn't like Canadian Idol!

2. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It is said that everyone has a doppelgaenger (meaning an exact duplicate). I've had two. I met one of them while being in civil service (the alternative to military service here). It is rather scary looking at someone who looks like you.
    Well, the other one is the late frontman of the band "Drowning Pool". The message of his death freaked me out a little bit.

[ November 13, 2003, 12:20: Message edited by: Fabius Maximus ]

3. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

When i was about 12 i was showing off with my bike to my cousins when on a left turn i slipped and fell on a rose tree. I had all the horns of the roses on the half of my body. My one one half was dark skinned and the other was red (from iodine) LOL. It was a very embarassing situation.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Note to self: Stock up on condoms the next time I receive an invite to one of Falstaff's orgies... er, parties. ;)

I met Tug McGraw, the reliever who pitched the final inning of the Phillies' 1980 World Series Victory. I got to wear his Championship ring, and even got a kiss!

Old news: I have a gold medal in fencing, from the Women's Team Epee event at the 1992 US National Championships. And, no, I wasn't a sub. :p

5. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, that (Edit: Mithrantir's one) reminds me of a party where I got drunk and weren't sure if I remembered all when I woke up. After a few days my skin came out in a strange rash :D Now it sounds funny, but guess what I was thinking *then* ;) After the following few days of my desperate but vain trying to recall some details, the doctor said it spread through close contact, but not through carnal activity. What a relief :D

(Oaz: Actually, you missed the '*interesting* facts about us personally' part. It's not 'the whole painful truth about us'. And yes, popping in threads only to brag about your average stats for a line or two is indeed pathetic. Sorry.)

Not to self: Wear a really thick armour when Rally's near ;)

[ November 12, 2003, 15:35: Message edited by: chevalier ]

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I once met Jack Thompson when he was shopping in town a couple years back - I was a Trolley Boy in town and he came in driving his big cream-coloured F150. Also BRIEFLY met Russell Crowe, Tom Cruise and David Helfgott (For those of you who don't know who Helfgott is, see the film Shine starring Geoffrey Rush)

7. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've been to Mecca.

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I lived (up until about a year ago) in the same town which Peter Jackson grew up, containing only about 1500 people. Knew his family and he even came to some school functions that I've been in. That's where he got the idea for the orcs looks.

Oh and that town stared in his first film, Bad Tastes, if anyone has seen it?

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

I have a strange disease that no doctor has yet come up with the answer or a name for (and that includes the queen's doctor)!

@Dalveen: Yeah, that was funny (for me at least ;) )

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm an accountant. And in case that's not "fun" enough for you, how about this:

I once owned a car that was involved in 6 accidents in 1½ years. "Only" one was my fault. It was the car from hell. The autobody shop knew me very well.

Ofelix, you must have miscounted, because I'm the fifth one who didn't like Canadian Idol (or American Idol, or any of those other ridiculous "reality" shows, for that matter).

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ RotKU

Dude, you must have some seriously ugly-ass kids at your school! :shake:

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I've got some "stripes" on both my feet. They both form an excellent "Z".

I can tell you the Periodic System on straight arm.

My science teacher is THor Heyerdahl Jr, son of the famous Thor Heyerdahl who crossed the Atlantic Ocean with Kon-Tiki...

13. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I am allergic to alcohol externally, but not internally... ;)

14. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Don't know if this counts but it was something said to me by an ex once (before we split) - actually by the demon-spawn ex I'm struggling against in order to see my son. Anyway, I still don't know if it was a compliment or insult be she told me 'you could have any girl you want if you could just sleep with them first'

Compliment or insult? No idea.

Another woman once asked if I knew where she could score some 'hammer' saying I 'looked like that type.' Mind you, I was wearing by huge black greatcoat at the time over my black-and-whites.

15. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have written and had published a book about British psychedelic music called 'Adrift In The Ether'. You never know, it might still be available at Amazon...

I once wrote an article for the British magazine 'Record Collector' on a band called Porcupine Tree.

I sold my record collection on Ebay earlier this year and got a total of about £6,000.

I once smoked a fag with Dave Swarbrick of Fairport Convention (note to American members: when I say "smoked a fag" I do not mean "killed a homosexual").

16. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I used to live next door to batman(the one from the first movie).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
  17. Danj Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have 3 nipples. Just like whatshisname! I'm also the hairiest 15 year-old I know. Chew on that! :D :D :D

18. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

My Uncle's been to Mecca.

I play the Bass and Vanilla guitar.
    A mate of mine plays bass and drums.
    Another mate plays guitar, drums and can sing.
    Together, we form a band. Unfortunately, none of us live in the same city.

I have won approximately $300 over 3 years for short storys that I write, and have received distinctions in all english competitions I have to compete in for the school. I have a semi - written novel and a spoof on Star wars sitting on my desktop.

19. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I started school when I was 3 years old with my mom at my side. Then dropped out and began again when I was 5 years instead...

20. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

-In my first pistol shooting ever, I scored 496 our of 500 points (range only 12.5m but still). That was in the army. 50 shots, center (around 1 inch area) was 10 points, goind down to 9, 8...4 as usual. The second best got 490, third best got 480 something. Average was somewhere around 250-350. With 1 eight and 2 nines, rest 47 shots being bulls-eyes, I got some respect.

-Similarly, I got top (12 out of 12 hits in basic rifle shooting test, I never got to try the more advanced shootings though) results in assault-rifle shootings. And in our newbie camp (that's 2 months from starting the army, before you begin to specialize) I managed to shoot down the entire line of enemy markers in a simulated defence position (a bunker where the range is from 30 to 200m, and target boards appear here and there presenting enemies for a few minutes where you have to change the clips and shoot as many as you can) for as long as my partner fiddled with his jammed clip. That was 30 shots, from which 25-28 hit, and I had to shoot the bullets in a matter of clearly less than 30 seconds, each to a target in 50-100m range. Got some respect from the army personnel out of that one too, though I know I was nervous like hell and it was mostly due to luck.

-The only time in my life I really wanted something hard and worked for it was in the very end of my time in the army as a militarypolice. I ran for so much that I lost 8kg of weight and improved my cooper result by almost 1km. That happened in 3 weeks, and not a day more.

-I have a tendency of storing all my fat in my behind. This means, if an average man (normal weight around 80-85kg as with me) gains 10kg of fat, you can hardly see that much difference. If I do, I have to buy new pants immediately, and my arse makes me look like a whale. That's certainly disturbing, but highly humorous as well.

-I almost got myself seriously wounded / killed in the army. Language was Swedish (I hadn't used it for a while and this was in the beginning of the army, so it still required some focus for me to understand the language), and I was unfocused due to being too tired. That was in the grenade range. So as I got in the bunker I figured I was throwing a practice 'dud' grenade. The sergeant pulled me down from watching the scenery around 1 second before the grenade exploded.

-I've seen a UFO. Still, I don't believe what I saw. It was a big triangular grey/black ship (yes it had some textures on it as well) that I saw while glancing at the sky once on a bus trip. After the short glance I quickly returned my gaze and saw it retreating into the clouds. I don't believe or care enough if it really was something. I doubt anything in my eyes could've produced that, but then I could've been going a bit crazy at the time.

-Part of my parentage is 'unknown'. My parents don't know that I know. Still, I know I have siblings who don't even know of my existence. But I don't care enough to tell them and screw their lives as well as mine.

-There's something wrong with me and babies. I've never really liked those screaming little nuisances, though they can be quite cute at times. Still, every baby I know, no matter how loud otherwise, always calms down when I'm near and just stare at me and smile. It's creepy as much as it's interesting, but other people seem to like it. Some say it's my eyes, some say it's my hair, whatever it is it sure seems to pigue their interest.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.