1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Could You Live Without a TV?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I got a shocked response from reepnorp when I mentioned in the M*A*S*H thread that my family doesn't have a TV.

That made me think ... how many of us here could live without the "Idiot Box" (as we call it)?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 43 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Could You Live Without a TV? (43 votes.)

Could You Live Without a TV? (Choose 1)
    * No Way! :eek: - 7% (3)
    * Not A Problem. :good: - 49% (21)
    * I Could, but Would Never Choose To. :spin: - 44% (19)

What Would You Miss Most About the TV (Choose 1)
    * Reality Television (aka Survivor, the Bachelor, etc.) - 2% (1)
    * The News - 23% (10)
    * Cartoons - 9% (4)
    * Favorite Sit-Coms - 26% (11)
    * Movies - 40% (17)

2. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I could, but wouldn't want to.
    You left off a big one in the "what would you miss" question. Sports. That is all that I would miss.

3. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Weird people.

Rolls eyes

Of course I can't. But my PC is my king, cause with out it I'd be dead. I have only one friend in RL and others are here.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I could but I dont see the point of it. I dont watch much TV as it is but now and then it is nice to relax infront of the can. I also prefer to watch news and such on TV than find stuff on the net.

5. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Sports .. oh yeah. Just include that in the "NEWS" category.

They only sports I watch are Fitness Competitions on ESPN2 ;) :good:

(I can't edit the poll, can I?)

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I could live without a tv, no problem, but I would sorely miss all of my games that I can't play on here. But I hardly ever watch the thing anyway, and it's in my room, and we have something close to 400 channels. There's still never anything on.

7. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I could easily live without TV. I barely ever watch it anyway. The only thing I ever watch is the occational movie.

8. Istari of Thay Banned

Yeah...
    Guess I could...
    Though living thou...

I really don't watch TV that much...
    But I use the puter' to much,
    not good that either...

BTW...
    Why the #¤%& did you use The Bachelor as an example??

**** TV at it's worst... :nono:

9. Yochimbo Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I sold my TV 5 years ago, and haven't missed it at all. :D

10. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

My point exactly! The Bachelor is one of the reasons my TV was carried away by a homeless guy.

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I probably could, for I watch TV EXTREMELY rarely. I could easily do without. When I DO watch it, it is for movies, or for the news. Rarely, I watch TV shows, but I SUCK at remembering to watch them regularily.
    But, I wouldn't want to, for it is good every now and then when I am feeling generous to watch some of the mindless drivel on, if only to mock it mercilessly... heck, I have even watched one episode of Survivor, if only to laugh my *** off!

And Math, you left one gategory completely away... Discovery channel type of programs! My mom's "boy" friend wathes mostly the kind ofstuff that is about lions in Africa or Kangaroos in Australia... That has to figure in the equation, too.

(Elrond, what are you doing? No, not the cream!)

12. Ancalìmon Gems: 14/31

I probably couldn't... Unless I could sit behind my comp as much as I wanted.

13. Istari of Thay Banned

Ahh...
    Thank God...

I'm proud of you Mat... Can I call you Mat?

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31

Mat is fine!

On the Discovery Channel .. my wife is missing "Trading Spaces" pretty badly now. I'll miss "Breed All About It" ;) j/k

15. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Since I live on my own I haven't got a TV set anymore. I don't miss it too much. The only things I miss is watching movies and the discovery channel.
    :wave:

16. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I did without TV for 2 years while I was a missionary in Japan. I could do it again, but what I would miss would be the documentaries like "Investigative Reports", "Cold Case Files", "American Justice", "City Confidential", and stuff like that. One qualifier to this discussion would be are you talking no TV set period, or simply no hookup to external material (ie -- you could still watch videos and DVDs but you wouldn't even have Peasantvision, let alone Cable or Satellite). I'd have a tough time with no videos.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I could live without a telly. Easily.
    As long as they broadcast crap like Idols, Big Brother, Temptation Island, I would be even glad!
    I think I would most miss the journal. The journal gives me an idea of how happy I should be.

18. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    for that you got Internet and newspapers

I have a tv in my room, but since the batteries of the remote died, and I´m to lazy to get new ones, I havent touched it anymore, which is over 2 months

19. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't watch TV that much - when I'm rounf my friends house, because one hogs the computer so I am stuck with watching TV with his sister and playing with the Molly-dog

20. Charlie Gems: 14/31

I really don't get to watch TV beacuse I'm always out of the house. But it helps me unwind. I watch documentaries, sports, sitcoms and movies.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.