1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How would you like your tombstone?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Kartiel Darkstar Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I would be cremated then have my ashes spread over a lotus pond with a shrine that reads one more fallen warrior of the unknown living eternally with nature.

2. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

[​IMG] " He tripped while holding a knife."

@ Morgoth: LOL :D

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    @ Splunge - I thought it was "I'm not dead yet." That being said, I haven't seen the grail in years, so you're probably right.

As for me, I guess it would be something that would give the members of my family that survive me the most comfort, as I sure as heck won't care at that point.

(If I could check in after-the-fact, though, I would probably put something like - This bird wouldn't VOOM if you put 10 million volts through him - or - No, no, he's not dead, he's RESTING!)

I always liked the dead parrot sketch far more than any of the movies.

4. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

"Pining for the Fjords!!!"

5. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A tombstone?
    Na, when I die throw me in a bomb fire!

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

A 8 feet tall celtic cross, with this inscription:

"It's our wits that make us men"

;) :D

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] You people whoo say cremation are missing the complete flexibility of this thread, and are been boring.
    Hmm, now what should it be? Maybe I could have a grave in orbit. Or a good old fashioned pyramid. Possibly an ancient tomb deep under the earth for no good reason.
    I think I might go with the floating around in space idea. Very odd, and chances are that no one's done it before :D

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Hmm. If I didn't go the cremation route (and cost was no object, which it is), I'd go for having my preserved corpse launched toward deep space to wander the stars until mischance befell it or it was recovered. I'd be an ambassdor to the stars! :)

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Just a simple stone, in the shape of a kiteshield, with my self designed sigil (see the sigil thread) carved into it. It reads:

"With steel in hand and wisdom in mind, may he watch over us in death as he did in life. Ride the clouds forever, my husband, our father, brother and friend."

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ dmc

Oh sure, be picky :p
    Actually, apparently we’re both wrong (I haven’t seen it for ages either). It’s just “I’m not dead”.

From here

11. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

a staff of jade displaying the human dna with a dragon on top and a tail at the end. My remains should be kept inside a hollow room in the staff.

stick in the ground, I dunno. Guess I wont care much since I'm dead ;)

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How appropriate, mom and I are looking for a suitable one for my daddy's.

For me, probably something modern. With a biblical text, though. Or maybe the tombstones of Monkey Island have something cool. 'Aaaaarggh', for example :D

Not that it matters me, btw. If people want to chop me in pieces and put them all in plastic bags to dump them along the freeway or feed me to the birds, then go ahead. Make sure that I'm dead, though!

13. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    lol, the MI stones come to mind

14. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

:D heh.
    'I'm feeling better!' 'I'd like to go for a walk!'

anyway.... I'd rather be cremated. I don't want to be sealed in a wood box, surrounded by concrete and buried six feet under, thanks. But if I am buried, I'd like my tombstone to read 'You told me see and I looked,
    You told me listen and I heard,
    You told me go and I went,
    And now you call my name and I come.'

15. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Nobody will care or know where i'll be buried, so... :rolleyes:

16. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

[​IMG] Has no one thought of leaving their bodies for science.
    A 100 years and we still wont know how exactly our bodies work.

Well, On Topic:
    I will be cremated.
    Unless I am in a huge horrific accident in which my body is not found (buried, burnt or eaten).
    In which case my photo will be cremated.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Viking funeraal all the way!!
    Or maybe cremation with a simple plaque reading
    "Will be missed"

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    That's the funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

Anyway, I don't like those flat stones in the ground that are so popular today. I want a tombstone that resembles the whole sword in the stone thing. The base being grinite, and the sword being marbe with an insribtion on it, that would say "No pen is mightier than this sword!"
    And the base would have another insrribtion which would be different depending on how I died:

--If I died honorably (i.e. killed in the line of duty), then I would have "Melius ad pedibus mori quam ad genibus vivere".

--Any other way, I'd want to have "I guess beleiving that you're imortal just isn't enough..." :rolling:

19. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

"She was out to lunch and never came back. Missing, presumed fed."

20. Troll Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

A flat tombstone sounds like a good idea. One that can be pushed to one side to reveal a set of steps down. Maybe followed by a passage way with carefully worked stone sides that disappears into the subteranean darkness. It would need to be impressive enough to hint at the possibility of golden grave goods. Each surface would have to speak solemly of the cold spectre of death that they would have to encase for an eternity. Maybe with a few traps to capture, kill and torment fresh souls every now and then.

It would be one way of making sure that all the denizens of Sorcerer's Place came to visit a body's grave and had a good time, albiet a short time. Who says that death can't be fun?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.