1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How would you like your tombstone?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by chevalier, Aug 14, 2003.

1. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Is there one you've been dreaming of? Or one that has just sruck your fancy? Perhaps a small shrine of sandstone... Carrara marble adorned with gold? A majestic burial mound or a simple grave with an improvised wooden cross? The story of your life in golden font or just a short prayer for the dead or maybe your personal motto?

Mine will be a stone plate, on* which will stand a female statue in white robe and with a cloth scarf tied on her head like a coronet, breaking a sword on her raised knee. On the ground will be a helmet lying on the side and a damaged blank shield. Also, a religious symbol or two and perhaps some short prayer, like 'Lord rest his soul'.

How about yours?

Edit: * 'on' - corrected from 'no'

[ August 15, 2003, 00:12: Message edited by: chevalier ]

2. Dyacea Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I would like a green marble arc-shaped tombstone, with cherubims holding up a crown over a head shaped like the biblical interpretations of Jesus, and I'd like a poem I wrote to be inscribed on the stone, then a little prayer and my name.

Don't ask for much do I? :D

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Chev, in the US Tombstone is a line of frozen pizza and this question is very close to their main advertising campaign. I'll refrain from saying "sausage, mushrooms, and onions."

I want a simple tombstone that says whatever the people erecting it need to read to comfort themselves, and preferrably a long span of years. I'd like there to be a large pile of pebbles on top.

Honestly, I'd prefer to be cremated and have my ashes sprinkled over an herb garden, but that probably won't happen since funerals and related customs are for the sakes of the survivors, not the deceased.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    A simple plain stone with the lines:

Here lies Morgoth, we told him to shut up
    He did..

:D

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm opting for cremation...We are all made of stars...

6. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Bel ... are you confusing Rem's mishaps with fireballs for real life cremation? ;)

Seriously, I'm on the cremation path too.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] No sense in taking up space after I'm gone...Unless the can keep my brain alive so I can continue to post and such!

8. BigStick Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

@Rallymama - You beat me to it. :p I wanted to post "sausage, pepperoni, and bacon".

Since I can't, I'll go with cremation as well.

I guess that's the extremely well done pizza. :lol:

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sir Belisarius, I'll pickle your brain and put it on the box of the machine I'm making SP with, so you'll never have to leave us. :grin:

10. Kralizek Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Cremation for me, ideally followed by having my ashes spread in the wind (and hopefully in a better way that some dude did in a certain movie :cool: ).
    Burial is out of the question though; images of me waking up in a coffin just spring uninvited to mind.

11. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Stone:

He was a great spammer.

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

No stone here, i'll burn baby :D Ashes to ashes and all that jazz.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    A simple stone tombestone for me, unless I'm very rich before I go. But either way I want it to say somewhere "The Eight Will Live On"

14. Dyacea Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

How about putting something mad and random like "Big Brother is still watching you"

Or maybe not. :D

15. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Blank.

16. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If I told my kids or my last living relatives what I wanted on my tombstone, they would probably put something really stupid on there, not what I said at all. Something like, "Jumping on him doesn't do anything, that's what a gun is for..."

But I would probably get something like "Here lies dman18, his enility caused him to hold the gun the wrong way..."

17. Mokona=Modoki Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I guess I'm the only one here who likes to be in a mass burial grave in which no body is present--only the ashes from cremation is buried--, and everyone is anonymous.

18. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Buried in space. Shot into the sun. :cool: Something along those lines. Why? I prefer to ask, why not?

19. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

"Buried face down, to see where he was going."

20. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just these words:

'I'm not quite dead yet!'

(Disclaimer: You have to be a Monty Python fan to fully appreciate this one.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.