1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #6

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Mar 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] We live next door to a Vegan (she is going mad IMO) we often see her putting daffodils and other plants from her garden in the blender...

she uses that damn thing all the bloody time! and yes... she does eat the stuff :sick:

2. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Why cant we humans at least ACT like we are on the top of the foodchain..

Really, if they dont like hurting animals, let them live on Mars or something.
    Because then you cant accidentaly inhale poor little innocent bacterias :gasp: and crush poor little innocent ants.

But then again, the guilty plants must die a horrible death in the mixer :evil:

Some people, :rolleyes:

3. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

LB, please tell me where in the world did you get all that from?
    First of all, yeast is a form of bacteria. It DOES NOT make things grow. When yeast is added to a bread mixture, the yeast give off gas. That gas forms little bubbles in the dough. Those bubbles make the dough rise. Its like putting a bunch of tiny little balloons in some dough and blowing them up.
    So, now you ask, how do the chicken eggs grow?
    Iside the hen, the yolk forms and the hen secretes calcium that hardens around it, forming the egg shell.
    In most breads, eggs and milk, which comes from animals are used. But, like EJ said, there is bread that is not made with milk and eggs.
    By the way, one more thing. Not to get technical, but what you have is not a theory. You actually have what is called a hypothesis. In order for it to be a theory, you would have to conduct many extensive hours of scientific research and experimentation. You'd probably have to do this for many, many years in fact. Then, if your research and experimentation proves you are correct, and no other scientists in that field disagree or can prove you wrong, and others have duplicated your research and experiments with the same results, then what you have would become theory and thus scientific law.
    Morgoth, you said
    Bacteria are not animals. They are in a completely different kingdom. So, inhaling bacteria, would not be against a vegetarians standards.

[ March 24, 2003, 02:06: Message edited by: Elios ]

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

When you consider the brutal treatment of animals in mass production farms and such, and that vegetables don't have nervous systems, the vegetarian argument sometimes is worth considering.

But I'm still a brute caveman. Sorry.

5. Morgoth

Media:
    I always eat from the (dunno the english word for it) "scharrel" farms. In here, animals are relatively treated better than in mass-production-farms.

You know, they get to roam wide across the stable and fields and infect each other with the crazy bird/cow/pig diseases

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    morgoth, free range or organic probably

7. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I eat, what I eat and that's all.

8. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] I've been reading only for two hours and I think I'm beginning to fall in love with Arabwel. :aaa: :evil:

Had to get that off my mind.

BTW on our PC's (at school) the 'contact us' links at SP don't work so rather than being able to recover my password from Boo II (long time ago) I had to start an all new account (even started a new hotmail account for it) not banned or anything (I think I never knows, been years) just forgot my password and was very young and new to the internet.

Anyhow I liked the monsters over the gems.

9. Morgoth

Media:
    OMG!?!? what has happened here?

Noobies falling in love with Ara
    the IRCchannel is dead (.....again)
    and the forum died as well!!!

:aaa: it is judgement day!!

....oh waitasec... I am athy, naaaaahh

10. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Big Bald Ranger (codename 48), you have the longest name I ever saw on a messageboard! Closely followed by 'The elven ranger with the sword'

11. Eze Gems: 24/31

Lol. Bought Sum 41's CD. IT ROX. Savage Garden too.

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

And here I am, finding Faragon a big word to type out quickly to log in ;)

I went shopping for glasses today. It's hard to believe how many crappy looking glasses there are out there! I found a couple of nice ones though... EXPENSIVE!!!! Geesh. How about I buy them without the actual glasses? ;)

13. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31

Thank you Elios, i bow down to your masterful wisdom. It was a theor- correction - hypothesis :p that i thought up while lyin in a park on saturday with my girlfriend :love: :) for some reason i decided to try to make her believe bread came, indirectly, from chickens. She only kinda believe me, i can lie convincenly. However not to someone who actually knows details bout the subject. Ah well looks like no-one fell into my trap here.

14. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Most likely Faragon, the only cheap glasses are those resembling jamai's! :aaa:

Oh no I almost said the I word! :p

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Saw TTT for the 4th time. Coolio. Love the guys.

Got myself a new mobile, too, after I lost my old one in Tallin... coolio, too.

Now, chattage.

And hey, nice to know I am liked, but you are a wee bit too young for me, Ranger boy :p

(The loony from the cold land)

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Master of Nuhn, yeah she did see me and she told me on msn straight away! She seemed disapointed that i didn't see her :( she also said in a text message that "I miss you :( "

I think thats a good thing :)
    She still wants me :)
    YAY!

I think i must have been distracted with saying 'rar' with my mates and laughing about the fact that here we are, a bunch of 16-18 year olds in the middle of town 'raring' :p

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How good to be drunk again. Well, posting comes easier. Spamming the SP's channel too. I suppose many curious ideas for good topics come that way, isn't it so?

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] er... dunno... never been Drunk :xx:

Need help people!

Longt (loN-yat)
    Has minotaurs, snake people, cat people, dog people (not were creatures) fauns, gnomes and a few paraquets - birdy people

Leader is a Gnome need an appropriate name for him. Any suggestions?

Mogfel (Mog fell)
    Catalinks - cat people

Leader is a male lion type Catalink, need names.

Nasret (Naz rett)
    Various races - mainly human

Leader is a human. The land is has one side along the coast and four countries along the others. Two are pretty wild countries, so the country needs a rather harsh ruler, a fitting name should follow.

Naty (Nar-Tee)
    Orc country - a few Gobbos as well :bigeyes:

Leader is an Orc, Wild one at that, needs a ferocious name

19. Eze Gems: 24/31

The orc guy could be Garhuk? LoL.

20. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ok.

Goatse and tubgirl and dolphin sex don't even remotely bother me. The Ogrish stuff does a little bit. The video where the kid gets beaned in the head with a basketball from across court does bother me, quite a bit.

But David Hasslehoff Music?!?!

Tell me it's not true, or purge the thought from my brain, or just shoot me.

Please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.