1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Suddenly so much can seem insignificant. Who cares if Nostradamus was twisted and weird. DING DING. Welcome to the real world. Try and Count to ten thousand. They dont give a freaking f*** about Nostradamus. Better start praying. :mad:

EDITED HERE: 12 pm 11th september: There are heavy explosions in KABUL, Afghanistan. what if 10000 civilians die there? Humanity is sick.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 12, 2001).]

2. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Humanity is sick? What about the hundreds of people who immediately rushed to the scene to do whatever they could to help, risking their own lives in the process?

In spite of the horror and pain caused by today's attack, stories of courage and selflessness abound. Nothing brings out the human spirit like adversity.

Not that I'm ignoring those who perished. I just hope we take some time from denigrating and dehumanizing the terrorists to appreciate the selflessness of the rescue workers.

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Yes humanity is sick. So we need to be cured. Those rescue workers are doing a damn great job! Somehow you have missunderstood me.

4. Stopping humanity sickness is like trying to make world peace. That's impossible. I am truly sorry for those who perished in those horrible terrorist doings, and I'm sorry for those who are related to those who died. No matter, I doubt the terrorists will attack again now that the whole entire world is on alert.

5. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Higher powers always make the rules. If Hitler had won, everything he had done to that point, every killing, would have been RIGHT and for the good of mankind. tell me this issn't so. america bombed Japan for the good of the world. nukes. that will scar for eternity. america used depleted uranium shells in iraq. that will scar for eternity. in which war have not civilians be bombed? but because america won, they are considered to have done it all for the greater good. think about that. every war is started by a power who believes with all his heart that he is doing the greater good. hitler did. and now some powerful organisation is doing it. out of hatred? out of revenge? out of justice to his god? to that power, it is everything.

sorry if i insult. im just saying we shouldn't see everything from just one point of view. many things get covered up after wars and you have no idea what america might have done in the past.

6. Pearl Harbor is in Hawaii not Japan!!!!!!

7. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hiroshima is in japan
    and so were the other two places nuked. during world war 2 i mean.
    choke full of civilians

[This message has been edited by Arkados Blackmire (edited September 12, 2001).]

8. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] To clear up confusion:
    Pearl Harbor is in Hawaii, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor and this is the act that brought the US into WWII.
    Later, at the end of WWII, Hiroshima and Nagasaki (both Japan) were bombed by the US.

I have more to say what happened about today, but it's so overwhelming I need more time to think about it...

9. sorvo Guest

We were involved in WWII long before pearl harbor, we just got our ego's blown out of the water after that!

10. Big B Gems: 27/31

Pearl Harbor isn't really the issue here is it? OR is it? I've been asking myself that all day as I've heard people talk about Pearl Harbor. What happened today and what happened then were both attacks on the US but PH was a military target, what happened today was mostly civilan, a terrorist's target. I say mostly because the Pentagon was hit too and that's more military than civilian.

But back to Pearl Harbor as I said before I'm still sorting out my feelings about what happened today...
    I don't claim to be history expert but US was not in WWII until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and the US declared war. Maybe you were refering to unofficial aid US gave...but US was not officially in WWII until after Pearl Harbor.

11. sorvo Guest

Your right we weren't officially in the war, we thought we could sit back and let everyone else do it.If that plane would have landed in the center of the pentagon instead of just hitting it,this would have been an entirely different situation.The media is using the pearl harbor thing to stir up the moral of the country!

12. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Why would there be a 3rd world war? Theres no reason? There's too many to list to be honest with all the "crimes that America has perpetrated against humanity" (line from reports of the disaster on Iraq TV allegedy) that many countries in the middle east especially that America has ticked off one way or another it's likely that this situation is just a time bomb ticking away. America has mobilised forces to bear in the area, swore revenge, tensions are running high, and of course the reason it would be a world war. In true playground style, all the friends on each side jump in to save their friends from agood kicking.
    If war comes, many more will die and from those, most will feel that it isn't their fight. Politians send those people to die while they hide out safe and sound. They were elected to their position because of promises rarely kept, they had the money and the friends to help them, and our opinion only counts when it comes to them keeping it. They are the ones with no humanity.
    I apologise if i offend here, or if i sound depressing, but this has been in my mind all day. I don't dismiss these predictions of Nostradamus as i've seen and experienced similar things, but the future is not set in stone only the past.
    People should be brought to justice for this, but not the way the US retaliated last time with 80 cruise missiles in the Afghanistan capital hitting targets that were civillian and killing more innocents. Too many lives have been lost, instead of sitting planning who to kill next, they should be taking steps to diffuse all the explosive points first, then make sure that it'll never happen again.
    But maybe i put too much faith in the belif that there is still good in the world and those who have power will use it.

13. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Stop this war nonsense! Let's just show our respect with those who sadly became the victims of this.

14. Sparhawk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Nobleman has a good point, humanity is sick. It isn't everyone but as usual the majority have to suffer because of the minority
    I don't live in the US but things are equally screwed up over here in the UK, what the fuck is this world coming to! :mad:

I also got to mention my respects for the dead, and sympathies to anyone who lost any loved ones that day.

[This message has been edited by Sparhawk (edited September 12, 2001).]

15. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Mollusken is right. With so many americans on this board this is hardly the time to discuss world war 3 when they haven't even gotten the time to divulge what has happened in their own country.

My condolances and symphaties to all those affected by this....

16. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] To every one who has posted and will post:

I've been reading the boards and I don't know. I've read opinions ranging from the world of Islam, Afghanistan, the prophecies of Nostradamus, the psychological, sociological cancer indemic in the human race, the courage in the human heart, the despair, sorrow, anger and resolve in all of your words.

Your opinions and views are so rich in content and insight that a part of me applauds the presence of thinking people eager to make their voices heard and be counted.

Yet an even bigger part is held in sorrow and inaction. I don't mean to belittle your collective emotions and insights into the events of September 11. But I'm coming from a place that I pray no one else in this community is.

I live in the Philippines, but I have family in New York. An uncle, 2 aunts and 4 cousins whom I love and miss. I even got an e-mail inviting me this December to attend my cousins wedding. My relations in L.A. have been in close contact with us here, but since the tragedy, they have recieved no word from any of my relatives in New York.

I can't move, can't think without feeling a sliver of despair and loss. I've hurt my hand hitting the wall of my room. One of those cousins of mine is a 6 year old who lived with us for 3 years while his parents were getting settled in New York. They don't work at the World Trade Center, yet they haven't contacted any of us here in the Philippines or my relatives in L.A.

My message to everyone is this:

I hope and pray that something will come out of all our words. Let us resolve to make ourselves better, stronger persons. Let not our words be confined to the PC and the bulletin boards. THAT'S JUST PLAIN BULLSHIT!

Everytime each one of us leaves our computers and re-enter the world otside the Sorcerer's Place, lets keep in mind of things we've learned, shared and argued about and manifest them in our everyday actions,in the hope that we affect the world,and the humanity that we talk so much about on the board,in a positive manner.

May we contribute SUBSTANTIALLY to making our world a safer, more understanding place, from our very own homes, our very own parents, children, family, teachers, friends and all those who touch our lives and whose lives we touch.

I'm sorry if I sound to preachy or pathetic, but I guess my heart is just to tired, sad and scared to be anything else right now.

Live your words, folks. We all seem to bitch about something or other here on the board. Well maybe its time that, even in our own small yet immediate way, to do something about it.

To those in the States, continue to give blood and whatever you can, to those can't pray or wish along with us for a speedy resolution to the crisis.

Some of you have mentioned other perspectives, the US being a bully, the selling of arms, death in other nations, war, retribution, Yugoslavia, Israel, Palestine, Pearl Harbor, etc.

Well, i don't know if I have this right, but at the BG2 Unseeing eye quest, the guardian asks a series of questions to let you through, I think mostly dealing with a bridge. He asks something about the most important step in a journey. The correct answer is that the most important (or difficult) step is the CURRENT one. Its that "What do we do now?" that we should keep in mind.

Let's all live our words. If we don't then they're just bullshit.

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] My condulations for the american people. America is not alone, europe and the whole civilised world is supporting you !

Whoever is responsibele for this horrific crime, he will pay ...

And please stop this Nostradamus/ WW-III crap ... :mad:

Oh, Vicsum:
    About who started WW-I, it is not that easy, read more here <link will be included once the topic is ready>
    EDID: This will take some time since my opera froze and I lost the topic I typed elaborately (and lengthy) :mad: since I am busy otherwise as well I won't have the time to type it again soon. Oh well.
    But a hint: re-read your history book (and if it doesn't give enough data, go for a better one ... libraries come to my mind), take care for the treaty system and its origins, and focus on mobilization dates, war declaration and their interconnection and especially on austria and russia ;)

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited September 12, 2001).]

18. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, we'd better think about about the victims and stop discussions. In such hard times we should support each other instead of fighting each other. Make love, not war! Especially at this time.

19. sorvo Guest

That was a touching speech evenigdrive. Waking up this morning definitly feels a whole lot different than yesterday. Rage has subsided to sorrow.

20. marcantony Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Ive been visiting various message boards tonight and given the amount of anti arab sentiment building up in some of them now might be the time to repost something I said here before the same thing happens here. This was written by me in response to certain generalised views being put forward about all Arabs:

"perhaps I can help clarify this, I have some knowledge of Islam from when I studied Sociology at Uni
    there are basically 2 distinct forms of Islam; sunni and Shi'ite(thats pronounced sheeyte, not the other word)
    both follow the Koran(Ill come back to this)and what Allah decreed to them

now its in the practice of their religion that these 2 differ radically
    Sunni which are the majority of the believers believe that theirs is the only true religion with the rest of us being misguided but we can be saved by being converted via education, they follow the Koran strictly especially with teachings like giving money to the poor and homeless, going to the aid of another regardless of danger to oneself, equality for all, etc
    this includes the majority of Iranians! who are ruled by the minority shi'ite(remember Iran was a free state until the revolution in the 70s), Saudi Arabia, most Palistinians and some in India

the shi'ite on the other hand...now these are the people you really have to fear
    like the sunni they believe theirs is the true religion...however...they believe everyone else including the sunni are abominations and should be exterminated
    they ignore most of the true teachings of the Koran and make up their own crap like turning women into slaves, only allowing rights for shiite men, etc
    these include the minority rulers of Iran and Iraq, hamas of the palestinians, some of the Pakisatanis, Indonesians,unfortunately most of the Africans and of course Afghanistan

we also the images of dancing palestinians here but we also saw images of other palestinians expressing their disgust at this"

btw I and some of my fellow countrymen have donated blood and they should be sending it to you soon

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.