1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Self-Combustion

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The_Anarkist, Apr 19, 2003.

1. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Have you or anyone you know ever set you on fireby accident or for a laugh? Leave details below if any of these have happened to you.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 22 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Self-Combustion (22 votes.)

Ever dabbled in the art of self-combustion? (Choose 1)
    * Yeah, its a great way to keep warm! - 23% (5)
    * I did it a few times, but regretted it after... - 14% (3)
    * Havent done, but i might in future... - 0% (0)
    * That seems like a bit of a silly thing to do... - 18% (4)
    * What sort of maniac are you!? - 45% (10)

2. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I know someone who wanted to light his fart. I'm not going into any details here, but it didn't have a happy ending. :D

3. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31

Hmmm, never lit a fart myself. Lit my arm, my leg, and a few other palces *cough cough*

It doesnt hurt that much... less you light an open wouldn somehwere on your body.

For Example :-

I had cut my leg, dont ask how, not important. Anyways, i sprayed deoderant on it to see if it hurt... i did, a LOT! Then i decided to light the deoderant... dont EVER try this yourself less your pain threshold is higher than Everest...

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

LOL. Good one.

(Wow, this was my first one-liner ever on this board. Shame on me. Spank me Tal. :p )

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Almost every 4th of July my best friend and I chase each other around with lit fountain style fireworks, followed by shooting bottle rockets at each other.

Other things we've done include:
    • Drenching our hands in gasoline and lighting them on fire and seeing how long it takes for the fire to start getting too hot to handle
    • Shooting "Blue Darts"
    • Helping him remove all the hair off of his head be moving a blow torch quickly over his head until all the hair was burnt off
    • Testing the effects of thermite while not being able to run away quickly enough
    • And lastly, seeing how long we could hold a lit match
    None of the above were very bright, but we got a few laughs from them...after the pain had gone of course... :rolling:

6. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    What's wrong with you people????Are you insane????

7. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I think a girl with long hair in my chemistry class once had her hair lit ablaze by a bunsen burner, but that's about it. Complete accident, and no, it was not funny.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You say that like it's a bad thing...

But seriously, I think it's just a case of not thinking. Plus, chicks love scars...I hope... :rolling:

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Been set alight once, by a school bully

which is not very friendly :nono:

About a week later I sent him to hospital :spin:

10. Iago Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

When I was a kid, I played with fire. But setting people on fire for a laugh, I think that's sick. And maybe something that causes regret for the rest of one's life.

What did you do, break his nose ? :D

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] well, a nosebleed, he was throwing sticks at me so I pushed him into the classroom wall

12. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Me and my friends hae fire wars. We chase each other around with home-made flamethrowers. We just use lighters and hairspray. It's prety fun, but my firned got a 2nd degree bun playing it last week so we stopped...for now :evil:

13. Laches Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

And some people didn't believe Darwin.

14. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hah, that's a nice one Laches. ;)

I've definitely never done anything similiar to what was mentioned by some of you guys, I've certainly gotten burned, but not intentionally.

15. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Try setting fire to your socks during class... The teacher is guaranteed to freak out! :evil:

16. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

one time I was board in the car, so I started to figet. My hand found its way to the ash tray. I opened it and started messing with the lighter. Not thinking, I put it away, but plugged it in. I little later I figeted again, took it out, and pressed it on the web of skin between my forefinger and thumb. Smelled like burning flesh afterwords, and it turned all brown, really nasty

17. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31

You made thermite? cool. I got a massive Keg of the stuff in my shed... I made loads of the stuff about 6 months ago... I did actually stick some on my foot, then light it... I didnt say it at the top because youd probably commit me... That one never healed either...

The one where i lit the open wound scarred badly, because it screwed up the tissue, and took over a month to properly close up. Not for the sane... or remotely sane...

For all you other idiots... nice one, and sadly the poll has gone down to 50% saying what sort of maniac are you... :( it WAS 60% saying its a great way to keep warm... bur anyway... thanks for taking an interest in my first thread...

:rolleyes: :D ;) :)

[ April 21, 2003, 04:54: Message edited by: The_Anarkist ]

18. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] :eek:
    @The_Anarkist: I seriously hope you're joking.

19. The_Anarkist Gems: 2/31

no im not... but my foot did heal sorta... and it didnt burn all the way through... just about a centimetre...
    then i stuck my foot in the ice-cold-water...

Like i do when i light other parts of myself... ive done pretty much everything now so it doesnt really bring anything new... wanted to test thermite on a person though... effective, and mega ouchie.

20. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I once set fire on both my socks, it was terrible. I had to run around the floor jumping and stomping :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.