1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post for random babbling, possibly with some sense, #2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!! I'm an op!

/me wallows in ultimate power :p

2. Black Rose Guest

And I'm not.

/me wallows in self-pity. ;)

3. Silverblade Guest

I was an op in the chat room yesterday. The chatroom crashed and I was thrown out. I entered again and to my surprise no one was there and I had op powers and my name in blue. But then everybody entered the chatroom again, including Mystra who took my op powers away. The glory lasted briefly. Maybe I should have kicked Mystra, so she couldn't give me a -o.

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I had Shadow of Blackwater spend the night this last night and we pulled an almost all nighter. I only slept an hour! I almost pulled an allnighter! Well theirs allways next time.

5. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I hope this post doesn't blow up.

6. You know what? There doesn't seem to be much to post on these days, but it's probably just me. Heck, few months ago, it felt like I was zipping from a Kobold to an Ettercap. Now the days just drag on as a Skeleton . . .

*sigh*

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Ack! I missed it by three days. Well exactly one year and three days ago I registered to these boards. What a year it has been :grin:.

8. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

I have a helluva day ahead of me.

I'm getting an in-school suspension (my first) because a teacher accused me of stealing. Now, of course, I didn't do it, but, what am I gonna do -- call the teacher a liar?! Whose word are they gonna take?

*sigh* :wail:

9. Teacher are s**theads.

*me hugs Tiamat*

10. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Im starting Uni in 7 days, Bachelor of Social Work and just plain Bachelor to all Uni chicks :evil:

Uh and Tiamat, eise malakas ;)

11. Silverblade Guest

If I didn't steal anything, I would have called the teacher a liar. And why would they not believe a student, the teacher can make mistakes too.

That reminds me of a joke: Making mistakes is human, teachers never make mistakes.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] Everything I need to know about life, I learned from Noah's Ark...

One: Don't miss the boat.
    Two: Remember that we are all in the same boat.
    Three: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
    Four: Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone may ask you to do something really big.
    Five: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
    Six: Build your future on high ground.
    Seven: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
    Eight: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
    Nine: When you are stressed, float a while.
    Ten: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
    Eleven: No matter the storm, when you are with God, there's always a rainbow waiting

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Drunken Monk, you BETTER be saying that to the teacher not me. :p Sadly, he speaks Greek, or I'd have told him, "Aei gamisou ilithie" :p How did you learn Greek in Australia?

14. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

What is an Op in a chatroom?

15. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

A god. :)

No, just someone with the 'power' to kick, ban, op, deop, voice, devoice and all other IRC jargon..

[This message has been edited by TheBlackRose (edited February 25, 2002).]

16. ArchAngel Guest

What is a Shralp in a chatroom?

17. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Tiamat: Im "Half" Greek (my father is Greek, and mother Australian).
    I know how to speek Greek, its just not too fluent, but I can hold a pretty good conversation.
    I went to Greece 3 years ago to see the motherland, I want to go back!.

Everyone: m an upcomming hip-hop MC in Australia, and I think Im going to make it OK. It is different from places like the U.S.A because here it is still very small but growing. I can literally count all famous Aussie MC's on one hand. Just so you know, Ill still think of you guys when Ive reached superstar status. :p :D

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My father's a teacher...

Say you didn't do it, the teacher's got no proof. If you're lucky you can sue the school for harassment and discrimination (based on religion, sex, etc.), hire a private tutor, and live the rest of your life in the lap of luxury.

19. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Honestly, why would you even consider doing time for something you didn't do? No way!

I mean really, people make mistakes. Kindly point out to both the teacher and his/her superiors that you're innocent. All the better if this teacher has no proof. Obviously you're not a convicted criminal since it's your first ISS. Be honest, be reasonable, be nice, and you might get off. If that fails, skip it anyway and lodge a formal complaint. Then take Sapiryl's advice. :D

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited February 26, 2002).]

20. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Bah! Be truthful but haughty! How DARE you even ACCUSE me of stealing?!

Let me relate to you one of my own gradeschool misunderstandings many, many (many many! :) ) years ago.

There I was out in the playground near the end of recess minding my own business with a friend of mine when some kind of altercation takes place nearby (to this day I have no idea how I got blamed for it, and I can't even remember what it was about).

The nun pulls me aside, I plead my ignorance, and back in the classroom, she tells me to fill out a reprimand form with what I did. Being totally honest, I say "What am I supposed to write? I don't even know what happened!"

The nun answers "Write 'You are very innocent' then!".

So what did I do? You guessed it. I wrote "I am very innocent." on the form and handed it back to her with a defiant stare.

She gets all pissed off and writes up this whole schpiel about how I thought I was so cute and funny, and goes on to indicate what I was supposed to have done and hands it back to me to read.

I read the thing and then looking back at her defiantly I say "I didn't do that."

She looks at me dumbfounded and throws the form away and tells me to go back to my seat! Didn't even explain how I got to be the prime suspect! I still have no idea...

Oooh! It still boils the blood! Being accused of something, not even knowing what it is, and not being believed until I defiantly stand up for myself! :mad:

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited February 26, 2002).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.