1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Weapons

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Yerril of Morningmist, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] As soon as I get this crystal polished right, I'll have an orange lightsaber.

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Xaelifer ... from your avatar & weapon list ... I don't think I'd want to meet you in a dark alley! :grin:

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I dont know about all of you but I dislike guns. I'd rather fight with swords and bows. I think guns are a cheap way of fighting, all you do is point and shoot. With a sword and bow it is much harder and takes much more skill. Plus strenght. So if any or you wanted to fight me it would most likely be with a sword and on the net. Hopefully NWN!

4. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Wow, I totally agree, Dragonrider. Guns lack a certain something, they lack art, to me. They aren't nearly as rich, historically either. When guns appeared on the scene in a grand scale almost coincides with when I lose interest in weaponry and war, historically speaking. Much of the martial flair is lost. Well, aside from the American Civil War, that one really interests me.

5. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I agree to. In Amsterdam I know a weapon-shop where you can buy katana's swords etc. They are only for art, you can't fight with them for they are made of a soft kind of iron so you can't use them as real weapons.

6. Drunken Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Oh Spudsquisher I thought you were saying that the 3 section was an Okin. weapon, didnt read it properly, sorry.
    And yes, I know all those basic facts you mentioned.
    :flaming: Wu Shu is leathal in the hands of a skilled warrior, just like all martial arts. I will even go to the point of stating that it is better than most martial arts Eg. Do you know what style Jet Li does? **Wu Shu**
    Anyway, to keep to the topic (& not just spam) I bought a chain whip today :evil:
    ala. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat "Get over here!"

7. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

chain whip. That sound painful.

8. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] tee hee, I was just teasing about wu-shu :) no offence ment. I have the upmost respect for anyone who does martial arts. no matter what their style.

9. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have a Composite Short Bow 1Katana 1 Wakizasi(sp?) I like to dualwield and I orderd a Staff with titanium blades on the end and a couple of Arrow stacks

10. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I have a Broadsword, a Nodachi (a japanese(I think) sword) and a Cutlass.

11. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes a NOdachi is like a Bastard sword to the Japanese

12. Durothil Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I've got a beretta 12 gauge shotgun, some 20 gauge, a over-under 12 guage, and a .22 remington rifle. Looking for a sword tho.

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yeah well...our house has lots of very large kitchen knives for exotic cuisine :grin: and two REALLY wicked-looking Cretan knives with long horn hilts and blades the size of my forearm. I've always said that no robbers will invade MY house. :p
    I don't have any swords, sadly, but when I actually have my own MONEY[/i] I want some. And bows. I have actually done archery; despite the fact that the bow was a bit large for me (I'm small for my age. And this was a while ago, so I was very small) I was quite good at it.
    My own home, whenever THAT happens, is going to be a veritable armory. :D

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I want a long sword. The problem is that my mom hates that kind of thing. So I'm stuck with card board till I can own my own house. Some body tries to break in I wont hold back.

15. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hehe...with CARDBOARD?

/me holds up a piece of cardboard threateningly

En guarde!

:p :p :p

16. ShadowDaemon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Now to further the popular belife that I am insane and/or dangerous to be around.

I COLLECT weapons on a masive level. Spent more money on swords in one month than I did for food that whole year once.

Count at present:

6 razor sharp Katana like swords.
    2 Scimitars
    47 knives/daggers
    9 short ninja swords
    12 stylish non-sharp collectors swords
    5 sharp plane funtional longswords
    1 heavy as hell zweihander
    6 Butterfly knives(gets they're own catagory cause they're double bladed... IE Illegal in the US)
    6 Battle Ax's both funtional and decorative.
    18 micilanious, maces, morningstars, nunchucks, sai's, staves, spears.
    1 beat up packistan steel sword I used in martial arts
    A Barreta Nine Millimeter
    A .357 Magnum
    A double barrel remington
    A Buckmark .22 Modified for automatic fire
    A crate of mining explosives(well, half a crate after last new years)
    1 Undetonated mortar
    3 hand grenades

Fear me... heh heh heh

17. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

1 Katana
    4 Civil War Replica sabres
    Several Shurikens
    2 Bo-staves
    1 Nunchaku
    2 54 calibre Sharps Carbines (Breech loading, black powder)
    1 52 calibre Smith Carbine (Same)
    1 44 calibre Colt Pistol (Black Powder)
    1 44 calibre Remington Pistol (Same)
    1 36 calibre Remington Pistol (Same)
    1 20 gauge shotgun
    1 1170 shotgun (almost a 12 gauge)
    1 22 calibre Hornet
    1 3030 Winchester
    2 12 gauge shotguns
    1 22 calibre Marlin
    1 22 calibre Target Rifle (Not sure of the make or model)
    1 270 Winchester
    1 3006 Winchester
    1 22 calibre (Not sure of the make or model)
    Several pounds of black powder
    And a partridge in a pear tree.

(I am a Civil War Re-enactor which is the cause of all the black powder weaponry)

I've heard that there is a black smith in my area that does custom work for re-enactors, fencing artists, and the like. He does armor and arms but I haven't been able to find him.

18. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Civil War? :ears perk up: I am so into the Civil War. It's one of my new favorite historical pursuits. Ever read Michael or Jeff Shaara?

[This message has been edited by Damona Silvercloud (edited February 05, 2002).]

19. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmmm...the names don't sound familiar, but if you list some titles I might be able to tell you.

Best Civ. War books I ever read were the Lost Regiment chronicles that combined historical fiction and fantasy. Yeah, they're far fetched but very accurate historically. "Rally Cry" is the name of the first book - author is (I think) William Forstchen. The last name is probably spelled differently.

20. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i used to have a pair of nunchaku made out of a hacked-up broom and a dog chain. i also once had a penknife, but i used it to open-up mussels in the sea, so it rusted-up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.