1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fight tactics

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by GuarMar487, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I have been influenced by the previous messages and have decided to change my train of thought. Only fight when needed and when in doing so kick the other guy's rear. I understand that violence is a big problem. So here is a solution (albeit a hypocritical one) Kill every body that wishes to do violence. Thanks much Shralp and Voltric. Its good to have sensible people around.

2. ArchAngel Guest

I asked what happened aafter the fight and then..? an Ecosystem? Respect? Yeah sure. and revenge too.

Let this, Van Damme, have his "real" friends and your Pal have his REAL friends. Well the world is bigger than school..... eh. I just wrote that somewhere else. :1eye:

3. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Go for the staff IMO keep spinning around and hitting the other person or put it on the ground balance your weight on the end jump up and kick the adversary in the face, But come on just fight dirty. I know it's not my style and I DON'T fight dirty I just tell others to.

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Give him a kick in the shins and then aim for his scrotem! Make him cringe and then place a knee in his face ... preferably the nose and then get the stick and beat him nice! :evil:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I am forced to join a minority here, started by His Shralpiness, the Most Revered Shralp.

Democracy upheld by fighting? Sheesh... kids these days... *looks indignant and glares at anyone mentioning her age*

Seriously... Why should they fight over something so incredibly TRIVIAL as a LUNCH TABLE?

And why are you people giving advice to promote violence among the youths? Hello!!?!

I do not deny the fact that violence is some timesnecessary, but I do not advise kids to use it.

Why don't these two resolve their differences =in a civilized way? Like a Quake 3 deathmatch? Chess? Checkers? Eating contest?

Ara
    (Your friendly neighbourhood duck catcher)

6. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] You should go for my exelent tactic which I use all the time when people start messing with me.

1. A good kick in the groin before anyone speaks or does anything, allways get the first move.
    2. Then I follow up with a headbutt right on his nose(if he is still standing from the kick, if not use your knee in his face for the same effect)
    3. If he is still concious, start jumping up and down on him until he shuts up.

If this fails, the baseball bat is allways a good idea....:D:D

That said, you should allways be careful with hits to the head. Easy to fuck up and get alot of years behind bars....

[This message has been edited by Turambar (edited April 08, 2002).]

7. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I see that the younger generation is so much more sensible and peacufull than mine. :toofar:

You still encourage him to fight and still do not take any responsibility to what might happen afterwards or even give it a thought. a sensible one.

You do not encourage him to do a simple one on one ruffle/brawl. Unlike Hollywood, weapons and violence doesn't go hand in hand with happy ends.

What IF this kid actually takes your baseball bat advice? What IF he hits the head?
    Fools. :nono:

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited April 08, 2002).]

8. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Come on! First it was a fight, then you brought in weapons...what's it gonna be next? Murder? And over a lunch table no less!

Grow up.

And Khaliib, what the hell is your problem? You think insulting someone is going to help anyone? "The kid sounds like a weenie" ? That's not advice - good or bad.

9. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well obviously I wasn't too serious....:rolleyes:

The essence of my message was that fights will not be like movies, it pretty much comes down to who hits first and how he follows up that punch/kick or whatever.

So DON'T use a basebal bat for anything but hitting baseballs and maybe a gopher or two

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Especially on gophers.

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Fighting is bad. I say play a game of chess or cheakers and let that decied who wins. It's good for both sides. Nether gets hurt and it's all about skill.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont chime in in the fight insitigators here DRSW but isnt fighting also about skill? Wouldnt a game of chess be unfair to a big but dumb kid? I dont understand why you feel the need to solve a conflict with some kind of contest at all. Just try to talk and if that dont work, avoid the freaking bastards. Fights dont solve anything, ever.

13. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

14. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Sounds to me like he needs to stop eating ANYWAY. Thyroid problem. Yeah, next he's going to be starring in the Guiness Book of World Records in the FAT section. And the pathetic little fatboy's going to be beat up by a jock. Hah. What a LOSER!!!

Warning: Sarcasm may be omitted through the cerebral-cracks of a person who has also experienced the fatboy-relation-lunchtable hell.

15. Sol'Kanar Guest

By all means, fighting should be avoided. But if it is necessary, as it is all too often these days, don't kill the guy. As is said in my local dojo, 'warn before you strike, hurt before you injure, and cripple before you kill.' Of course, none of this should be applicable in a simple schoolyard fight. If you really want advice on fighting, tell him to join a karate class. It helps get in shape, and also helps most people learn not to be belligerant fools, in mz experience. If it does come to fighting though, slight crouch, roundhouse to the side of the thigh. They never see it coming, and if you do it right, they drop. Only hurts for a few minutes too. Sorry, couldn't help myself...

16. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

Do NOT use a weapon, let me emphasize that, 'cause it instantly makes you in the wrong. If you go at a guy with a big stick, his friends will help him to even the odds, then your friend is screwed, even if you jump in to help him, the use of a weapon will make your friend be shunned by the table he wants to sit with. He'll also lose what respect he could have had by winning fair and square. Now, if you actually decide to heed my advice, I would start off with a blow to the face, preferably the nose to make his eyes water.
    I'm a pudgy guy too, and I've never lost a fight so you might want to listen to me. Tell your friend to use his height and weight to his advantage-stay low, shoot for the @$$hole's breastbone, arm-pits and face (especially the sides of the jaw and the nose, if your friend can get a finger or two under the other guy's jaw, he's got a great start). Don't believe those other guys who say that fat acts like a cushion, it amplifies the pain by spreading it out over a larger area, which makes the pain last longer. Muscle acts as a great shield, especially when it's flexed, so don't bother hitting the other guy in the stomach, the kidneys sure, but not the stomach. Grappling might also help, unless the other guy's a wrestler (Greco-Roman), in which case don't bother. Help your friend by finding some pressure points in the face (not the temples, you could kill too easily there) and chest and back (try to avoid the spine). Last bit of advice would be, tell your friend to stay low, hit fast, think fast, ignore the pain, do NOT get angry-rage blinds you, you may ignore the pain more easily, but you'll fight like an idiot and last-but not least-get pumped up before the fight, not during, it should last for the whole fight and will give you [him] the ability to easily disregard potentially painful hits.

[This is for those pacifists, so GuarMar487, you can disregard this part]
    Sorry to say people, but while I don't believe in pointless fighting, if there is a point, do it. I know a lunchtable may not be a big thing if you look at it now, but letting yourself be pushed around by someone won't help you or him/her in the long run. Bullies who challenge someone over a lunch table deserve a good @$$-whooping to learn a little about humility and when to shut up. I've never started a fight but I spent most of my elementary school kicking the crap out of people who came after me. They left me alone (except for one dumb@$$ who I had to whoop every couple days) because I stood up for myself. Now I'll finish off with a good old quote from General Patton "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

17. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Thanks Guys! we have decided that we are not going to have a huge fight! instead, we are gonna tell this kids parents about his weed plants, cause he is a pot poser, and maybe give him a punch or two, just for all the torment, cause this kid got the entire class except for his friends to hate him! Tell ya how it goes!

18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Faerus Stoneslammer,
    Sometimes fights are unavoidable. A scheduled one is avoidable. A lunch table is NOT worth fighting over. What are you going to do, go through life fighting everyone who cuts you off in traffic? Cuts in front of you in line? Makes an obscene gesture to you at the beach? There's an expression, "Let the baby have his bottle". I believe that it applies in this case.
    I don't consider myself a pacifist (although I advised against fighting in this case). Try breaking into my house some night. You'll find that I am more than willing to fight.
    An intelligent person picks their spots. With a little creativity (as GuarMar487 has demonstrated), you can get at the bully without fighting. Although in this case, I would have just let it go. If leaving the lunch table did not stop the bullying, then do something else. Use your brain first and your fists as a last resort.

19. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31

I guess what I said didn't come out right. I understand that one must choose his/her fights, I for example haven't gotten myself into a fight since elementary school, and I wouldn't fight over a lunch table either. I just meant that sometimes a bully could use a good beating to teach him/her humility, but not if it will make the situation worse. I'll admit I was wrong to recommend a fight here, but I despise bullies with a fiery passion, and I guess I let it slip out.
    Of course, ratting on him isn't something I'd do either. I firmly believe that something like that (lunchtable problems) should be taken care of amongst yourselves, involving the kid's parents and possibly getting him some trouble with the law is kinda severe.
    I apologize if I sounded like a bloodthirsty demon, it was not my intention, I just figured that this guy had been bullying your friend for a while, and I was in a pissy mood when I wrote my previous idea.
    My new suggestion (if you haven't gone to his parents yet) would be to let it drop, and sit at your own table with your friend, and some other friends. If I'm too late, then all I can say is...too bad for the jerk.

20. Rodd Belmont Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've been boxing for a little over five years now. so i'm sure i know what i'm talking about. The most important thing in a fight is keeping your cool. Don't get cought up in the action. Sit back and watch how your opponit fights ( every body fights with a rythym). Once you find this rythym, the fight is yours. Also wait for openings.
    Most people when they punch pull there arm back before they strike. This a great time to use a jab ( straight forward punch). Also when people get into a fight they lunge into there punches, use this against them. just side step and conect with an upper-cut.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.