1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Fight tactics

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by GuarMar487, Apr 5, 2002.

1. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

ok heres the deal, some ppl at my lunch table have formed a democracy, and want this one kid out, bis one of my real good friends. anyway, they both agreed to a fight. my friend is short, quite, and has a thyroid problem i.e. HES FAT. the other kid is a semi atheletic kid, whose a big asshole. i was just wondering any tips an pointers for my friend? he's thinking of using a half-staff.

2. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] normally i'd tell your friend to stay side-on at all times (minimises the area available for your opponent to attack), but seeing as how your friend is horizontally-challenged, that won't work too well.

he's got a bit of mass behind him, so if it does come to blows, he'll have the advantage if he can get in close and stay there, punching to the head and solar-plexus or kneeing to the groin repeatedly. make sure he keeps his guard up (protecting his head). his exposed ribs won't matter because he'll be cushioning any hits with his love-handles.

i'm sure kill lexington and a few of the other martial artists on these boards will be able to give some advice too.

btw, be careful with your abbreviations and language, 'they' hate that. ;)

3. Stereophobia Guest

if he's short he will be good for head butts, try going for head (face) blows and snap kicks to the inside of the knees (should break if he does it right) and as a last resort a good blow (in the violent sense) the nuts

4. C'Jakob Guest

If you don't see shame in it, fight dirty. Use brass knuckles (or just your keys), or go for the eyes and the groin.

5. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I should be telling people how to fight.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited April 09, 2002).]

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] And what if your friend "wins"? Who knows if he'll be casted out anyway.. by the "democracy"?

7. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] DRSW- that's where the solar-plexus is. ramming idea is a very good one.

nobleman- schools don't work like that! if a short fat kid beats up someone who is 'a big asshole', he will get kudos and will probably make more (new) friends rather than be ostracised. ;)

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

The main think is to instill your friend with the idea that he fights to win. So, if he ever manages to gain the upper hand, don't step away and say "get up" or some macho shit like that, but kick him in the head, the groin, the ribs, the kidneys...

On the other hand if the other kid gets an upper hand whine, plead, cry and try to get him to let you go - and then attack again.

9. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Make sure he has lots of friends around, so that hecan look like he REALLY wants to fight, but they can hold him back, thus making it impossible.

Don't let them let go of him...

10. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Don't let him fight.

Seriously. We're advising a highschool kid on how to win a fight? That's ridiculous. Find another way of practicing "democracy."

And don't tell him to use a weapon, you idiots. That's assault with a deadly weapon and gets the kid in more trouble than ever.

And note that it's not democracy if a majority vote has to be enforced by a beat-down.

[This message has been edited by Shralp (edited April 05, 2002).]

11. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Thankyou Shralp. Some sense here.

DON'T FIGHT. It's that simple. If he is your close friend, then hang with him and say goodbye to the others. You have already acknowledged that the other guy is an asshole, so wash your hands of him.

Violence should only be used when you are atttacked. If everyone followed this, there would be no violence.

12. the god Gems: 13/31

if we've given advice, it's because we're assuming the fight is inevitable: "they both agreed to a fight".

naturally, as a martial artist i don't advocate 'offence' unless you were threatened first. but the fact is that GuarMar's friend is not in peak physical condition. if he doesn't know the basics of strategy it'll literally be survival of the fittest, and the fat kid will be destroyed.

use everything at your disposal to gain an advantage (musashi).

outside of the advice, i expect the stand-off'll just be forgotten or will fizzle-out eventually. school kids are a self-regulating ecosystem all of their own. ;)

[deity edity]:when i was at school i always found confrontations could be avoided just by getting two opponents to talk to each other about why they each dislike the other... usually ends up with them being best friends years later! :love:

[This message has been edited by the god (edited April 05, 2002).]

13. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Probably the "Stone Cold Stunner" or the "Rock Bottom". Then when he's down, the "People's Elbow" then the "Sharpshooter" for good measure. If he can pull it off, he can start the whole combo with a Chokeslam... :roll:

But kidding aside, I have to STRONGLY agree with Shralp. He should know, 'cause Shralps are made for lovin'. :love:

:hippy:

14. Stereophobia Guest

I agre with The God, just grab a pool cue man

15. Kahliib Gems: 3/31

First of all, tell the kid to lose wieght. The kid sounds like a weenie to me. Tell him to not take crap from anybody.

16. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Look folks! Fighting is rarely worth the effort. If he wins, the loser will do everything in his power to make the other's life miserable.

Let's face it, sporty high school kids are ALWAYS more popular than the overweight ones. I know, I was the overweight one in high school. I beat the crap out of a guy to make him stop picking on me. I hurt him pretty bad too. I was congratulated for a week, and then it was expected that I would continue to beat the crap out of people. When I refused, I was de-popularized even more than I was before.

If your friends are having a falling out, maybe it's time to find new friends. And remember, high school doesn't mean anything once you get to college. No one cares how popular you are any more. Jocks are pretty much disrespected by non-jocks, DnD-ers are disrespected by non DnD-ers...All the effort you make in HS will mean nothing afterwards.

17. the god Gems: 13/31

ah, the american school system based on status and popularised by so many (particularly 80's) films. those blonde perms, the star quarterback/cherleader, those metal lockers... :nostalgia:

whoa! not sure about the pool cue! you want to incapicitate, not cause permanent injury. my school never had any pool (or snooker) cues...

useful advice there kahliib. :rolleyes: i expect there's probably a deadline for when this fight will occur?

btw, when will the instigator of this particular thread grace us with an update?

18. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31

Kahliib- He has a thyroind problem, so its near impossible to lose weight thanx everyone, the fight is still on and i may be able to get some near college guys to come helpl. the plan we worked on is to have me friend throw dirt in is eyes, whip out a hidden half-staff, and smack him on the back. i may even get some pictures of the fight on a web site!

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Oh this is the US schools we're talking about? Well then, fighting using fists is the peacful option isn't it?:toofar:

But seriously, the whole popular/unpopular thing seems to be an issue in american high schools much more than anywhere else in the world. And from what I hear from my American friends universities, with all the fraternity/sorority stuff isn't any better really.

EDIT - after seeing GuarMar's new post. Erm... you are aware that the other guy is likely to bring some friends along as well?

[This message has been edited by Vukodlak (edited April 05, 2002).]

20. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Is Shralp the only one with sense here? Oh sorry and Jack Funk too. Avoid the fight if possible. I only recommend fighting in self-defense. And don't ever use a weapon unless the other guys has one first.

Saying they agreed to fight is so foolish. Just walk away and be the bigger man. If this kid is your friend and other don't want to have lunch with him then the two of you should just go eat somewhere else. If the other guy attacks your friend then by all means beat the crap out of him.

As my dad heold me when I was growing up don't ever start a fight only finish them.

And don't let other cause the situation to occur. A crowd is always eager for blood as long as it's not theirs.

I hope you and your friend prove to be the bigger man but opting no to use violence as a first resort. Only a last.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.