1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Saddest movie?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faerus Stoneslammer, May 12, 2002.

1. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

"Noooooo! Uncle Billy, don't give him the money! You put the money in the newspaper! Don't give it to Mr. Potter!"

2. Eze&Sharkie Guest

First time i ever have cried during a movie was The Lion King. Second was when i were watching LOTR with my friend third time and we both cried,when Boromir died.

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I know this is seriously off topic, but I couldn't resist....

When Boromir died, I was shouting in my head to Aragorn "Kiss him you idiot!" :)

Ara
    (Beware.... oddism ahead)

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Arabwel, you are too young for kissing guys... ;)

For me, it is Austin Powers, definetly... ah wait.... I wasn't crying because the movie was so sad :)

[serious mode]
    I go for Braveheart.
    [/serious mode]

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Star Wars: Episode 1.

Because it sucked. :p

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I'd have to agree with Lokken about braveheart's ending. Although it didn't make me cry (no film has ever done that) it was really sad and the saddest ending part in any film i can remember.

7. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I have never cried during a movie (at least not that I can remember) but when I was like 8 I came pretty close to crying when I watched Sounder and the dog got shot I was really sensitive with animals.

8. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] The firsttime I cried when I saw a movie was when I saw The Lionking on cinema. I was about 5,6 years. It was that scene when Simba's dad whatever-he-was-called fell down the cliff and died. *sob*
    Later on I didn't cry so much because I only watched funny movies.
    I cried when I saw Pearl Harbor and when I saw Lotr...
    When Boromir died.
    And of course I cried when I saw Titanic.
    I also cry when I think about Peter Pan. The movie with Robin Williams as Peter. In the beginning when he came back to that fantasyland, there was a young boy, asian with a mohawk that was SO cute. In the end, when they were fighting against Hook he was killed, a sword in his stomach. *WAIL*
    Sob, and he said:
    "I wished I had a father like you."
    Whhaaaaaa!
    *recovers*

Then of course I have cried to many other movies, but these are the ones that comes to mind.

[EDIT: I also cried when I saw Bladerunner, Atomic Train, that movie with the two dogs and the cat, another movie with a dog and a boy lost in the woods, StarWars when Qui-Gon died, E.T, Braveheart, Jurassic Park (serious.)and a movie with Robin Williams uh...in Swedish it is called "I döda poeters sällskap" but I dont know what it's called in english]

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited May 14, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited May 14, 2002).]

9. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Dead Poets' society?

10. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

The Man Who Would Be King
    Harvey (happy tears)
    Schindler's List
    Shakespeare in Love
    Casablanca (again, happy tears...when Rick cheats at roulette for the bulgarian couple)
    Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulain (again, happies)

And though it didn't make me cry..."What's in the box? What's in the box?" Can you guess it?

11. Stereophobia Guest

Im not the kind to get emotional about movies normally. But one film has made me cry.... Things to do in denver when your dead. I know its a slightly unorthadox choice but i got all gutted at the end when he died the way he did

12. Soompta Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i cried in the matrix when neo killed the security gaurds (one of my dads friend) and it was actually tears of laughter cause he was such a bad actor hahaha ^_^!!! (im not lying this is true)

na but seriously prolly titanic , was when i felt my eyes water a TINY bit hehe

13. The Grim Ripper Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Titanic by far, even though I burst out laughing when leo died, much to the annoyance of everyone in the cinema :D

14. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What Dreams May come is gets my vote for the saddest, overall. I wept quietly through the whole thing. Then I watched it a week later, and cried all over again.

Braveheart (after seeing it about 30 times) still makes me a little (okay, more than a little) emotional. The movie Philadelphia is another tear jerker, and while I'm thinking about Tom Hanks, The Green Mile is pretty sad too. I agree with a previous entry with Shakespeare in Love.

<sniffle>

I think I have to go fire up the VCR.

15. Ranger Bill Gems: 1/31

The worst movie is Braveheart, both when his wife gets killed and when he dies, I get so into that damn movie. The other movie I felt sad in was when Marlon Brando dies at the end of the Godfather, I didn't cry but I felt bad for his grandson being right there.

16. Slayer of Bhaal Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Deffinitly Old Yeller. I'm VERY sensative about dogs.(But I laugh a lot when cats die in movies)

17. The_Prophet Gems: 1/31

Since I adore animals, every time I watch a documentary about them, I almost shed a tear. I mean, I know it is as it should be (unless we f%$k it up), but nature is cruel, and yet so beautifull. Just like the night...or winter...you know what I mean!

18. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I am sorry to say this but Rain Man with Dustin Hoffman just gets me everytime, the look of dissapointment when the woman doesn't turn up. God damn he is such a great actor.

19. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] *sob* BAMBI... why did she have to die, WHY!?
    :cry: :wail:

20. Bastet Guest

[​IMG] Titanic at the very end:cry::sosad::(:wail::cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.