1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: M*A*S*H* Fans?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, I was just watching M*A*S*H* and I got to thinkg..."I wonder how many people watch M*A*S*H* and actually like it?" I personally love M*A*S*H*. I started watching it when I was about 5 with my favorite brother. Right next to Bob Hope...Alan Alda is my hero! :love:

Anyways...since I forgot to ask which character you like the best in the poll, please reply with your answer.

I personally like 98% of the characters, but my three favorites are: Trapper, Klinger, and Hawkeye.

So...how about you guys? :rolling:

[ March 12, 2003, 10:09: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 20 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: M*A*S*H* Fans? (20 votes.)

Do you watch M*A*S*H*? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! I watch it as often as I can. - 45% (9)
    * Yeah...I watch it if nothing else is on. - 30% (6)
    * Nope. I change the channel when I see all that green. - 20% (4)
    * Who or what is M*A*S*H*??? - 5% (1)

Do you like M*A*S*H*? (Choose 1)
    * Yes! - 70% (14)
    * No! - 20% (4)
    * How can I say if I don't know what M*A*S*H* is? - 10% (2)

2. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I've watched the reruns over and over again. Capt. Hawkeye Pierce, Radar and Klinger are my favorites. Hotlips is nice too. :D

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Damn...that's what I forgot to do! In the poll I forgot to ask which character is your favorite. :doh: :rolling:

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like it. No, I don't have a reason I just don't

5. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I used to really like it but I can't remember it being on UK terrestial telly for years. I also remember seeing an episode in the states and being very dissapointed in their decision to use canned laughter. They don't here and it makes the humour seem much more poignant.

6. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

I *love* M*A*S*H. I didn't start watching it until about three years ago, maybe two and half, courtesy of my husband. (Hey! There's something I can thank him for!) And ever since then, I've been hooked. I am pretty picky about my characters, so here's the list.....I love Klinger, and I like him better after he becomes the office assistant, cause the dress thing gets really old. I love Pierce. Alan Alda is my hero. (We actually have a guy that comes into my store pretty often that looks exactly like a young Alan Alda. But I digress). I like Margaret, but only after Frank left. I like BJ and I hate Trapper John. I like Charles. I like the second Colonel but not the first. See a pattern? I can't wait for them to come out with the last few seasons on DVD, but until then, I'll just watch the reruns on TNN.

Oh, and I cried during the last episode. How sad is that?

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I grew up on MASH, my dad would let me stay up late on Monday nights sometimes to watch it. Most of the dirty stuff went right over my head, I just thought it was funny.

My wife isn't a big fan ... I think its an age thing, she's 6 years younger.

Also, I don't have a TV, so I can't really make an "honest" vote in the poll.

Good memories though. Who wants to make a still out of medical supplies with me???

8. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    YOU DON'T HAVE A TV? Are you crazy? What do you do when your bored, other than computer games? There must be a good enough reason, like, your religeon is against it! Right?

By the way, I do watch MASH, because of my parents. Yup, that's how old you all are.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I'm as old as your parents :eek:

As to the "No TV" thing, its not religious, its just common sense. TV rots the brain, and my daughter (only 2) is prone to watch it all day. Without the TV she runs, colors, sings and dances more.

In the evenings, my wife and I talk, play, read, etc.

When we do want to watch TV (like Alias), we go to a friends house and make a social occasion out of it.

Her laptop does play DVD's, so we can sneak a movie every now and then ;)

10. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Look here for some brief thoughts about M*A*S*H from me: http://www.sorcerers.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=004790#000000

It havent been on lately but when it was I was glued, it is the superb. I lack words. I also has to say that Hawkeye is my favourite character even if it may be unoriginal by now and I really prefered BJ before Trapper John. The 'new' cast was generally better than the old, or is it the other way around?

11. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

When I was younger, I watched the episodes. And I liked them. A little later, I caught a flash bit of the movie; I didn't even give it a chance, I just figured it wasn't any good because I didn't know the actors.

Later, after having played some games myself, I watched the whole movie. Now, I can't stand the episodes. The episodes are like a castrated version of the movie, and the movie is a LOT closer to real life than anyone cares to admit.

There's a lot of things that have so much similarity to the military today, that it's almost not funny. But my brother-in-law likes both the movie and the episodes, so I know what the deal is.

12. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I grew up on MASH too. Every night at 6:30, right after the news, I watched it -- I rarely missed it. Now, I can't get it, and that ticks me off! But I'm considering buying the first season on DVD.

13. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

Love M*A*S*H?? Well, does the fact that I own the first three seasons on DVD tell you anything?? I have always kind of idolized Hawkeye, and really related to the rest of the characters at some point or another throughout the series. In my opinion, it is probably one of the best shows in the history of American television.

14. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I grew up on MASH reruns, and hell yeah! Watch it everytime I come across it! :D Too bad they no longer air it back here :(

15. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    My first college boyfriend used to schedule studying and meals so he and his roommate could catch all the reruns of M*A*S*H that were aired at the time, on all the different channels!

My three favorite characters are kind of off the wall: Colonel Potter, Colonel Flagg, and Sidney the psychiatrist. I always loved the episodes that focused on them.

16. Kitrax

Media:
    Yup...it's the other way around! I don't know why everyone doesn't like many of the original cast...Trapper and Col. Blake rock! :D :cool: I almost cried when Col. Blake was killed...almost. :cry:

@Rallymamma: isn't Colonel Flagg the parinoid guy that is always "spying" on others that Hawkeye and Trapper/BJ like to play jokes on? :rolling:

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Kitrax: Yup! :roll:

18. Istari of Thay Banned

NO!!

I litterally HATE the damn freak parade...

The dry jokes, boring (not to mention incredible annoying) characters... And that damn Hawkeye dude... WHATS UP WITH HIM...

I really don't understand why ANYONE like it...
    Why?? Guys/gals... give me ONE good reason...

BTW:
    They air it every freakin' day here in Norway...

19. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31

Col Blake was killed?! COL BLAKE WAS KILLED?! What. The. Hell. I saw Frank go nuts. I saw Radar go home. But I never saw Col Blake get killed. Now I'm seriously depressed.
    *goes off into a corner and cries*

20. Istari of Thay Banned

Col Blake was killed?! COL BLAKE WAS KILLED?! What. The. Hell. I didn't see Frank go nuts. I didn't see Radar go home. And I never saw Col Blake get killed. Now I'm seriously thrilled.
    *goes off into the mass and laughs*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.