1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Most Hated Actors

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by LKD, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    George Clooney. I never understood why people fancied him. He's just old

3. rcoutme Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I think I DO have an 'actor' I really dislike everytime I see him in media. Mr. T. He sucks in everything that I have seen him in.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] Jim Carrey :o

I really dont see why so many people find him funny. He just seems a big prick to me, with all his grimacing and stuff.

Oh, this is a bit :yot: but still...
    I've seen evil dead 3 movie... and i cant decide whether it was the real movie, or a complete ******up parody of evil dead. :flaming:
    I dont know who's playing, but he's a blockhead for just accepting the role.

5. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Agreed, Evil Dead 3 was just a stupid humour cash-in. Now, Evil Dead 2, on the other hand

(collapses laughing at the mere memory)

6. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Bruce Campbell didn't just accept the role of Ash in the "Evil Dead" series - he created it! Read his book, "If Chins Could Kill - Confessions of a B Movie Actor" for the whole story.

There aren't really so many actors that I don't like, but I get tired of some of the typecasting that happens, and some movie genres just aren't my speed. For example, I liked Jim Carrey in "The Truman Show" but don't get me anywhere near "Ace Ventura." Also, I'll watch a Jackie Chan kung fu flick long before Steven Segal or Jean-Claude Van Damme, simply because Jackie Chan can laugh at himself and that makes for a more enjoyable movie, IMO.

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I agree with Rallymama on Jackie, he rocks because he can laugh at himself and he does his own stunts, even risking getting killed like in Armour of God.

Anyway, back on topic, Leo di Crappyo is awful, I'll add votes as well for Seagal, Van Damme, Norris, and Mark Dacascos who may be good on-screen martial artists but can't act their way out of a wet paper bag.

Jim Carrey's too OTT for me in most of his moveis but he Was good in Truman Show and Once Bitten

Tom Arnold in comedies (eg The Stupids) is too bad to even think about but playing semi-comic in 'non-comedic' films (eg True Lies) is actually quite bearable.

Ahnuld of course, though he makes a great Termintor (probably something to do with his wooden-looking way of walking)

That's all for now but stay tuned if you want

8. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I can't believe you don't like Jim Carrey! He's an excellent actor and I loved the Ace Ventura movies, though admittedly, the Truman show was crap. Me, Myself and Irene is also good :)

9. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

@Sheel: Sorry, but he is a nob.

10. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Actually leonardo di'caprio was pretty good in 'catch me if you can' and the best film Jim Carrey made was "the truman show", Sylvester Stallone was just plain good in "copland"

Can't really think of a actor I hate, maybe dolph lundgren but that's only because he can't act.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Yes! Stallone's best movie ever was Copland imo, that's the kind of role he should stick to - something understated without the whole muscle-bound oaf thing happening. He did good waiving his usual sky-high fee and taking only $60,000 for that role. At least, that's what I heard he did.

Oh, and Angelina Jolie suck arse big time

12. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I can't stand Lawrence FIshbourne. Sure, he's a good actor, but something in him just sets me off. I don't like him at all.

*grins*

One word, though... Popcorn.

13. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] My most hated actor is the anti-man Richard Gere. For some reason Hollywood thinks women like him even though he lacks all the traits that a true man has.

14. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tom Cruise, :eek: aaaahhhhh. Don't think I need to explain my choice.

Vin Diesel.
    Can't act, can't fight, f*cks up his oneliners...and the list goes on and on.
    (it doesn't but I just want to convince you people)

I agree with Foradasthar.
    Sure, Steven Seagal can't act. He isn't hired to act. His job description is breaking arms and stuff and doing it casual. And he is pretty good at that. He walks up to a bad guy, evades a hit and hits him back. It's great! Well great...let's just say I've seen a lot worse.

15. BossBandor Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Steven seagal definitely!
    i mean what nationality is he with his weird accent? does he ever have a different hairstyle or even ponytail? and what kind of movie is it when the main character is supposed to overcome badguys when he's MUCH taller than all of them. I thought action movies were about overcoming the odds with luck, stubborness, and pushing the limits rather than laying back and killing everyone while lifting just a finger

16. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] SLIDERS GUY!!!

I hate that f***er... the most annoying actor on the planet, and anybody who liked Mission To Mars needs shooting. Gimli was in sliders though :p .

Oh, and on another (edited) note.... I believe a special mention has to go to Wil Wheaton for being the greatest "crappy" actor on the planet, Stand By Me was OK.... but Wesley Crusher the Space Nerd...... ROCK ON!!!! :D

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Did you ever see the movie "Joe's Apartment?" It redeemed my opinion of this guy quite a bit. ;)

18. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

Meg Ryan / Michelle Pfeiffer (so much plastic surgery they are no longer able to frown. They must have the same surgeon, because they have been officially declared "twins" by the LA County Recorders Office)

Kevin Costner ("Dances With Wolves" was a fluke...don't believe me? Watch "Robin Hood"...or "Waterworld"...or "The Postman"...)

and go ahead and attack me...Keanu Reeves! This guy would have to stretch to do an Infomercial.

19. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Kevin Costner is just fine as long as he stays within a very narrow range of roles. For example, he does the washed-up athlete REALLY well - I loved him in "Bull Durham" and "Tin Cup." Unfortunately, having him go beyond those limits is like asking William Shatner to act anything WITHOUT overtones of Captain Kirk.

20. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

That's right!!! I forgot William Shatner! I hear his radio spots for Priceline and decide I don't want to travel afterall.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.