1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: A Weird Poll

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ofelix, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I just have ny glass this afternoon and I see clearer! duh! but I want to know what is the % of the people who has and who doesn't have glass.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 73 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: A Weird Poll (73 votes.)

A Weird Poll (Choose 1)
    * I do have glasses - 64% (47)
    * I do not have glasses - 36% (26)

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't have glasses (yet), except for my Glasses of Protection from Sunlight +4.
    Nor do I have contact lenses. I should get some, though. Glasses probably, since I am quite chaotic ans lenses need special attention.

3. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I have glasses and I've had them for years. I used to wear contacts in high school and before then...Ahh, the time of the coke bottle lenses. What fond memories I have of those....waitaminute....I have NO fond memories of the coke bottle glasses!

4. Mathyew Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I have glasses and contacts but, I never wear them. :toofar:

5. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I've got glasses. Going about without glasses isn't an option for me because I'm almost blind without them (-8.5 :jawdrop: ).

6. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I do.
    For reading only. :book:

7. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

:doh: I have speccies. I like them, but I keep forgetting them and end up blind

8. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I have contacts since I was like 13 and I couldn't live without them.

9. Charlie Gems: 14/31

I wear glasses. But I don't wear them when I'm reading or in front of the computer. I had great vision until I worked in this computer company at the time when green and amber monitors were still in use. I was in front of the computer nine hours a day, six days a week. In less than six months I couldn't read the labels in the grocery. I had to get glasses. Fortunately, my vision hasn't deteriorated after ten years as there is a tendency for a person's vision to worsen through time. Oh, I also have contacts.

10. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31

I'm worried about my eyesight in the furture. Due to the career i've choosen, i'm destined to work at a computer for a large proportion of time. And desks in offices aren't great, space wise, so i have to sit closer to the monitor than i would like. I end up with eyestrain.
    So, i don't wear glasses now, but i probably will have to in a couple of years' time.

11. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

titanium rimmed :thumb:

12. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

I wear my speccies as little as possible, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to do anything without them. Not only do I have shortsightedness, I also have a stigmatism in both eyes. Unfortunately, I have inherited very sensitive eyes from my mother, so contacts are not an option.

Looks like I'm stuck with rounded bits of glass in front of my face for all eternity. :(

13. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Apeman: You can have contacs THAT young? I want them. I have darkgreen rimmed glasses.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Well i started wearing glasses when i was 6 i think (maybe 7). I wore them all the time till 2, 3 years ago when i was told i didn't really need them anymore. When i wore them it was just one eye that was bad, i had an eye that was the wrong shape or something and so this one wasn't as good as the other. Now they're both fine so i don't need them :happy:

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I've had glasses since 2nd grade (couldn't see the black board) and got contacts in 8th grade (I was 11 IIRC).

With such a large percentage of us having poor vision, I'm wondering if extended computer use is harmful to your vision. My wife thinks so.

16. Xyphys Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I wear contacts, but I know a guy whose lenses, the ones in the eyes, have been removed right after his birth so I think he weares contacts from the age of, lets say, five.

17. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes, I have glasses. I have had them for about two years I think. I look much better with them on than without them. Though I wanna get lenses, colored ones. Catlike greenish ones, red and black ones. :)

18. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have good eyesight most the time. If I don't drink then it goes bad and I can't stand bright lights and prefer to sit in the dark - I'm a night owl in that respect.

I don't have glasses in other words. I think I'm long-sighted - at least I used to be, may have changed in those years.

19. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

What do you think? Let's think for a moment.

People visiting this site are mostly PC games freaks/geeks. If facing PC monitor several hours a day don't destroy your eyesight, i don't know what will.

So, i am guessing the % of glasses wearers should be highier.

20. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I dont wear glasses and I have been a playstation/pc geek since 2nd grade :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.