1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

If I had a Billion Dollars . . .

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Mathetais, Aug 8, 2001.

1. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorry, when I saw "Billion" I just assumed you meant "Money is not a problem."

If billion is actually I fixed amount...I suppose I could do without the Moon Base...and the Space Station could go if absolutely necessary, but that hurts.

I guess I'll build some kind of daunting Black Tower in Chicago. The orbital and moon-based portions of the Plan will be implemented as soon as possible...of course I will be funneling a sizable portion of the GNP of a score of nations into these pet projects.

Powers That Be willing(at this point, the Powers That Be will most likely be working for me in one capacity or another anyway), interplanetary and interstellar projects will follow.

I then plan on indulging in a doomed quest for immortality. :D

2. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] I'd buy a toilet of solid gold. :)

Level Up w00t!

[This message has been edited by Alex (edited August 09, 2001).]

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, If I had a billion dollars .... I'd probably build a nice house in cologne, not a skyscreaper, but something cool with a high roof appartment for me with view over the rhine, the oldtown and the cathedral. I fear I'll have to demolish the Lufthansa building first - *sob* - who cares ... and I'd build a calm house at the baltic sea for holidays ...

I would start city improvement with dynamite, rubbling all the ugly buildings I can find in cologne (a hard but necessary measure - thanks to WW-II and hasty reconstruction) and replacing them with new buildings of my choice ... MUAHUAHUA :mad: :D

I would found a foundation for the educational support of my family (a distant forfather named Jansen from the netherlands did so in 1700s and we still receive some money from it :) ) ... I think I would give my closest relatives some millions anonymously and shut up about my wealth otherwise ... I'd finish my studies, travel the world (maybe in a zeppelin) and do what I feel "called" to do ... like making my pilot's license and buy a biplane

Oh yes - and I would buy a new computer, about a AMD 1,5 GHz w. 256 MB DDR-RAM and stuff like that ...

4. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well i would buy the best of everything, cars, tv, video etc.
    Then i would buy the best 10 looking chicks in the world!
    Then i would buy Sorcerer's Place of Tal! :D (if he let me, probably not)
    Just Joking Tal!

5. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A billion dollars, I can do an infinite amount of things with this much money, can't I? Another one of my lists ;)
    1. I'd get a SUPER SUIT. Invisibility, rocket boots, super speed, super strength, all the works.
    2. Create a super battle bot made of titanium steel. Emits 500 lbs of damage on enemy bot with hammer, KABOOM! Then submit it in the Comedy Central show thingie, Battle bots.
    3. End taxes in America! So I dont gotta pay the stupid $1.03 instead of $.99
    4. Buy the FASTEST COMPUTER in the world with a moderately large screen. I'd also get the best internet access as well.
    5. Buy a HUGE mansion, w/ movie theater, swimming pool, security system/guards, etc.
    6. Huge stereo system. A HUGE archive of every single song in the world.
    7. My own Dance Dance Revolution system. With all the mixes and all the songs.
    8. A private stealth super jet so I can go to Italy and back in 10 minutes :D.
    9. Huge Archive of computer games... RPGs, action/shooting (Unreal Tournament, half-life, duke nukem, rise of the triads, etc...)
    Edit:
    10. My own collection of concubines :p.
    11. Own personal gym along with coaches to hone my soccer and judo skills, as well as swimming, wrestling, and any other sport that ill come across.

[This message has been edited by Athalon (edited August 09, 2001).]

6. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Oh yeh and I would pay scientists to make those Flying Monkeys form the Wizard of Oz.

7. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Call me boring but I would buy a new computer. A nice $500,000 house in the middle of no were (Wisconson, USA sounds good) Buy the RPG games I could find and buy all the books I read for the rest of my life. Also I would put a large cunk of it into a CD and live off of the interest.

8. Pay every single yob in the Uk to go to deprived countries and be voluntary workers.

9. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I bet it wouldn't last a day. I would spendit on clothes, a nice car, cd's, snowmobile, dirtbike, jetski, ok maybe it all wouldnt be spent in one day I would save about 4 million for a multi million dollar house because I'm not old enough for a hous yet.

10. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Okay Im adding in promote world peace. Maybe donate to the Nobel Peace Prize assosaciation fund thing-a-ma-jigger

11. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

If i had a billion...I'd...

1) Pay off any bills
    2) Buy my parents a new house with a big garden giving me the old one...
    3) Get a car
    4) Give my parents about £10 million
    5) Get the best bass and electric guitars and get nice big meaty powerhouse amps.
    6) Get soundproof walls, windows doors etc.
    7) Turn one of the rooms into a recording studio
    8) Get my band loads a good equipment
    9) Get myself a licienced Sniper-Rifle (To accompany my name ;))
    10) Go and meet all my favourite bands
    11) Get my girlfriend to move in with me(thats only if i have one by then)
    12) Get the best internet connection possible
    13) Get an amazing phone deal
    14) Get loads of channels on my TV
    15) Arrange for a certain select group of people from Sorcerer's Place to join up and meet each other.

12. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

worry about how I got another billion

13. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i would change it into pound coins and see how far i could walk with it in my pockets without getting mugged

14. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I would travel around the world on my own boat. Of course spent something in stocks and some on a bank. Would give some to parents, family and also to for some good funds. For the rest I hope I wouldn't change couse of the money but try to be the same.

At least I would quit this Helldesk-job :)

15. Kerric Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I would cover the moon with a black blanket or something, and cut out my name in it so when we see the moon at night only my name would be showing :D

Ahh look it's a full Jensen again :D

Jensen is my last name for those who didn't know it and who couldn't figure it out by this post

[This message has been edited by Kerric (edited August 14, 2001).]

16. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Hey headbanger get the same boat as in The Ladies Man".

17. Azardu Gems: 9/31

Buy a nuclear warhead or ten and blow up the moon in case Kerric should ever get a billion dollars.

[This message has been edited by Azardu (edited August 14, 2001).]

18. Killer Dwarf Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

make Everquest free for all :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.