1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by GabrielNYC, May 5, 2003.

1. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I cannot wait for this film. Granted, it does stray from the comic book a great deal, but the theme remains the same. Alternate reality, fictionalized characters walking and breathing, steampunk!

The movie site is very well done in flash. Good navigation, graphics and imagery. The Invisible Man looks downright awesome.

I was wondering, can steampunk be applied to D&D? I'm sure it can...maybe some inventive gnomes, a new magic/engineer class?

Are there any steampunk rpgs? Deadlands I think can be considered as steampunk, right?

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Heh, I was going to post about this movie. I've read some online about it and it looks great!

Dorian Grey is a great character, good book too.

3. enjan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yeah, I too am looking forward to this film. I doubt it'll be all that great, but at the least it ought to be pretty entertaining. ;)

4. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Not many rpg reference material for steampunk on the web...

anyone know of any sites that would adapt said genre to D&D? I think it would be interesting to mix that in. Gnomes are always inventing things for example..

5. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Captain Nemo, Dr. Jekyl Mr Hyde, Dracula... what is there not to like about this movie? As soon as this comes out, i am going to see it. Even if i have to wag school.

6. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31

[​IMG] Hopefully this film will be successful. If the merchandising is handled well, it could be the next..the next..well something.

McFarlane Toys can do the figures, theyve always had such amazing detail. I can see it now.. Allan Quartermain and all of his rifles. Captain Nemo in a fighting pose..

The video game could be done by Konami. Name one bad game they did for the PS1 or PS2? Pick from 3 characters, using their skills and weapons (The invisible man can take off his topcoat and hat and sneak around, the trick is making sure not to make careless mistakes like rustling some curtains etc), Quartermain engaging a bit of brutal fisticuffs then finishing his enemy with a point blank shot from his rifle..

An tv series would rock too. Anyone see The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne?

GAH! The possiblities could be limitless!
    :money:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.