1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Are you Fat?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Z-Layrex, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Tasohan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Your 15 year old male with a :
    height = 1.73 meters (68 inches)
    weight = 66.0 kilograms (145.2 lbs)

has a BMI of 22.1

Your child is not over or underweight and has a healthy bmi!

I should probably tell that i'm a trampoline jumper, and doing that 7 hours a week. I'm also a springgymnastics instructor and doing that 8 hours a week, and working out half an hour each day.

2. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I'm 1,80cm at an average weight of 68kg, so I end up having a healthy BMI of 21. I could need a little more muscles and fitness though, but I'm happy with my body - so it's unlikely I will suddenly start to exercise to achieve that goal :D

3. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I'm PHAT!

4. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Im 5'10 and 140 lbs. I'm not fat. I just have have large shoulders and thighs because of swimming. Swimming destroys the fats and keeps the bod healthy.

:D

5. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Do I get any bonus points by claiming that my weight is "in all the right places"? ;)

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Hmm, BMI of 20.1. Perfectly healthy.

Takhouhi: There's nothing wrong with muscular women, I'm dating one. While I don't like the supermodel style women (underweight is just as bad as being overweight, IMHO), many men (myself included) aren't interested in those women whose muscles look like men's. While I have no idea what you look like, don't worry about your appearance. Athletic women are very attractive. It's nice whenever she can actually help out if I want to carry something several feet long that would be awkward myself.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Very thin women are in danger - not only that they tend towards having some more or less intense forms of nutritional disorders - how long will it take till someone in the US dates one - and sues her because of getting bruises from hugging her? :evil:

There is no funnier sight than a couple of sullen girls in the university cantina, chewing on their green salad, looking jealous on *your* steak. Not necessary to point out that I always eat my meat in the vegetarian room, mwahahaha :evil:

[ September 25, 2002, 08:10: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Ragusa, you are cruel... . :p

Heh, I, a devout meat eater thank you very much, will be sharing a kitchen with a vegetarian... can we see the sparks fly_?I am finally in charge of my own food! Yay! No longer any GH crap... wee!

I am planning on a very strict diet for the next month or so... Oh my poor digestation...

Ara
    (Life sucks a little less than the day before yesterday...)

9. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I weigh 53 kilos and I am some 160 centimetres tall. My body looks quite okay, but my stomach is.. Bheh.

Ezellohar
    (I am not fat, I am not fat)

10. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Silverblade:

1 inch==2.54 cm. So 180 cm is 70.87 inches, i.e. 5' 11'' (approx).

And I agree, the foot/meter thing is confusing. After almost 2 years in the US I am still not used to it. I always have to run the internal converter in my brain... ;)

-thanos

11. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I am fat...Unfortunately. On the plus side, I am really really strong and muscular too, so I hide it well. But I could probably lose 50lbs or so.

Any suggestions on how to drop tons o' weight without expensive surgery? And without cutting into my IDW2 time too much? ;)

12. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Now there's a pearl of wisdom...Where's the "Kick" button...

Actually, not eating makes it worse. Your body thinks you're starving and tries slow your metabolism...

14. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Try sports

And no not on your computer :rolleyes:

And no lifting up your arm to drink beer is no sport :D

15. Mother T Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sir Belisarius,

If applicable, cut out the soft drink and try drinking only Juice, water -- if coffee or tea, no sugar. Steer clear of fast foods as much as possible. Also no alcohol.

Do you do any type of aerobic sport?

16. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Grandma was fat too. She says, the doctor told her to eat less by half, and she did. She's slim now.

[ September 28, 2002, 11:06: Message edited by: Oblate ]

17. Fatmaka Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] 1,78 meters tall, 70 kilograms... I wanna put another 10 or 15 kilograms because i'm working out...
    There's a formula to do this...
    Your height - 100 = Your Kilograms
    (If you do sports...)
    so @ least 78 kilograms... and i won't be fat because when i was 58 kilograms @ the same height i was slim...after starting to work out i put on 14 kgs in like two or three mothns...so i'm muscular now ;]
    I'm more attractive now... to anyone slim start WORKING OUT!!! (ain't that hard...)

Dismissed!

18. Fizity Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I'm almost 5'6 now, weigh 115lbs... I'm the fastest sprinter in my school, and I keep myself in pretty good shape. I've been trying to put on weight, or muscle at the least, heehee, gotten a whole lot stronger in the past year.

Then again, even the skiniest person can make a tin roof fall *gulp* :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.