1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

National Football League (NFL)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sorvo, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    The regular season is over and its PLAYOFF time :) The Eagles,Bucs,Raiders and Titans get the bi-week(that means they don't have to play this weekend) So who does have to play? Colts at Jets, Falcons at Packers, Browns at Steelers and Giants at 49ers! Did your team make it? Who do you think will be in the Super Bowl? Lets hear some answers ;)

2. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

My Steelers made it, and I'm glad to see the Browns made it too. Only fitting that the Browns first playoff game will be against the Steelers.
    I think the Titans are the team to beat in the AFC.
    The Eagles or the Packers in the NFC.

3. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

My team (San Diego) didn't get in, again. 6-1 start, 8-8 finish. .500 is actually an improvement over the normal season.
    Super Bowl? AFC - Titans or Raiders, NFC - Packers or Tampa (or Philly if Feeley can keep it going).

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I don't expect Tampa to break their 0-fer in below-40 weather this year, and I don't expect the Packers to be able to defeat the 12th man as Vet Stadium goes out in style. Eagles all the way!

Hmmm... Raiders for a re-hash of 1980?

Then again, none of this matters in the slightest because the first order of football business is for Penn State to show Auburn who's boss tomorrow!

5. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sorry pal, Tampa has already broken their 0-21 record of games played when the temp at kickoff was below 40 when they defeated the Bears last weekend.

I make no predictions, merely wishes. My Bears obviously played about as well as the small girls I mentioned a long time ago in this post, but I can sure still root against the Packers. I hope Vick the uber-QB rushes and passes for 300yds and two tds in each department.

My ideal Super Bowl this year would be the Falcons and the Browns, but as long as the Packers don't win I'll be fine.

6. Veldrin

Veldrin We'll ride the spiral to the end Veteran

Go Packers, Go! And Raiders on the other side!

7. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Green Bay all the way. :D

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Donovan McNabb will be ready to go for PLayoff game number 1!!!!! So all I have to say is:

Fly EAGLES fly! Go Birdies! ;)

9. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

I'm surprised you didn't pick the Browns, Pac man. :D ;)
    Maybe we should pick the team with the best cheerleaders? (The Steelers don't have any) :(

10. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] IMHO, the Raiders have the best Cheerleaders!

11. Pac man Gems: 25/31

No, i give credit to the Cowboys for that, but that's all they're gonna get from me. :D

12. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

Well, without any cheerleaders, the Steelers managed to squeek by the Clowns, opps, I mean Browns on Sunday. Now we travel to Tennessee to play the Titans.

Let's not be too hasty in judging the NFL cheerleaders. The Cowboys and Raiders cheerleaders get the most publicity, but there are many other good ones out there. What we need are photos.... :D :grin:

13. Pac man Gems: 25/31

More photos ? :D

14. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Deviant Mage, DA BEARS! I am originally from Chicago, they are my team and always will be. Too bad I have become like Cubs' fans, "there's always next year!"

15. Keraptisdm Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Somehow, Pac man, I don't think we could have a photo contest in this thread. :(
    And Elios, I'm the same way being a Pirates fan. There's always next decade. :D
    I think my Steelers are going to get crushed by the Titans this Saturday.

[ January 07, 2003, 16:18: Message edited by: Keraptisdm ]

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Did you read about the lawsuit the Eagles cheerleaders filed? Apparently every visiting team except one (I forget which) spied on them through peepholes in the locker rooms. Several months later they publish a calendar... so do they want to be looked at or not? ;)

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I don't know what they're whining about...Eagles cheerleaders aren't much to look at anyway.

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    But they CAN spell the team name - I-G-G-L-E-S!

19. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ok, I'm officially happy. Well, as happy as I can be, considering Elios is right. At least with the Cubs the numbness has already set in. The Bears went from 13-3 to 4-12 in one year. :toofar:

But the happiness came in when the Packers lost their first ever playoff game at home. :thumb: The Browns may have decided to not play the end of their game, but half of my fantasy Super Bowl can still come true. :p

[ January 08, 2003, 21:05: Message edited by: The Deviant Mage ]

20. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I second that emotion, Deviant Mage :) I think I was more excited about Green Bay losing, then I was about the 49ers winning! Well maybe not ;) Congrats to all the Eagles and Titans fans :) can't wait till tomorrow!

[ January 12, 2003, 05:47: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.