1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The good 'ol days.....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by The Fat Egg, Aug 20, 2000.

1. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] Who remembers the good 'ol days? The days when POR1, Ultima 1, M&M1, Bard's Tale, and other greats first came out? The days when we all became hooked to PC Gaming forever. I sure do. Those were the games, games where graphics didn't matter, where you could forget about the dumbasses in school, were instead of being the most teased kid in school you were the most powerful Wizard in the universe! Has anyone ever felt that way?

[This message has been edited by The Fat Egg (edited August 21, 2000).]

2. Wingfoot Guest

yeah, i got hooked when i first played POR1 on my apple 2 GS, great graphics huh. then Curse, M&M1 and 2, Ultima 4,5,6. old school games, nothin like em.

3. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

remember pirates. greatest game for my commodore to ever exist

4. hooligan_inc Guest

5. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] For my apple][ there was Sundog and Wasteland they rocked as CRPGs. Bard's tale was cool and POR1 was the best. I spent half of high school playing it.

6. Anyone Remember Legacy of the Ancients (Commodore 64)? That game ruled! I got stuck at the very end because in the Museum, I unlocked a picture, but you could only go into it at certain times. I did it once, but messed up and had to reload. After that I just kept going outside and resting and letting the time pass, but I could never get into that last picture again. I was so pissed, because I had every dungeon mapped out on my trusty graph paper, and I REALLY wanted to beat this game.

Anyone remember the original Bard's Tale? "Look, an RPG with GRAPHICS...ooooo....". There was a battle in this one dungeon where you had to fight like 400 monsters, so you'd just cast this one spell (MIBL, was it?), and go get a sandwich or something....

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Yes, Bard's Tale was one of the first games with graphics, although Ultima 1 came before it. Who remembers that game?

8. Wingfoot Guest

Fat Egg, i remember Ultima 1, but how about Alkabeth, you remeber that one.

i picked up the Ultima Collection a few months ago for like 14 bucks just to revisit the Good ol Days. pretty cheesey and there is no sound on the 1st 5 games, unless i can figure out how to hook up an old Apple speaker to my PC.

9. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

Yeah I remember it, but it wasn't as guud as U1, but it still rocked. It is the first game of Garriot. It makes me remember that when famous game gurus started out they were already great programers. It reminds of a game called King's Bounty, one of the first RTS game sI ever played.

10. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about that Darkling game? You know, the game based on that movie where an elf had to bring a shard of crystal to a larger chunk of it?

AND, those two races of people, like, joined together to form one race.

Anyone know 'bout it, or am I just shootin' the breeze?

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31

I do. Although it wasn't the greatest game.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.