1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who Wears The Apron?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I was making dinner tonight and was just curious who out there does the cooking in your household?

Poll Information
    This poll contains 3 question(s). 25 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Who Wears The Apron? (25 votes.)

Who does most of the cooking in your household? (Choose 1)
    * I still live at home and my mom does most of the cooking - 32% (8)
    * I still live at home and my dad does most of the cooking - 12% (3)
    * Myself, I live alone - 20% (5)
    * Myself, I am married or live with a significant other and am a male - 4% (1)
    * Myself, I am married or live with a significant other and am a female - 8% (2)
    * My husband or male significant other that I live with - 4% (1)
    * My wife or female significant other that I live with - 8% (2)
    * I am away at school and unfortunately get my meals from the cafeteria - 0% (0)
    * We eat out every meal. Mc Donalds rocks! - 0% (0)
    * other - 12% (3)

Can you cook? (Choose 1)
    * I make Emerill look like a burger flipper - 28% (7)
    * I can't even boil water - 4% (1)
    * I can cook, but nothing spectacular - 60% (15)
    * I can spread peanut butter and jelly on bread, does that count? - 8% (2)
    * McDonalds rocks! - 0% (0)

Do you like to cook? (Choose 1)
    * Move over Cajon Gourmet - 56% (14)
    * McDonalds rocks! - 44% (11)

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I can cook, and I find what I make fairly palatable, but my wife won't eat what I make, so she does most of the cooking.

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I can cook, but nothing really spectacular. Lasagna is my top notch. :) I like to cook, but only for other people. If I have to cook for myself, it's gotta taste good, but be done quickly.

But usually my dad just cooks for all of us. I really miss living outdoors, where I could make my own meals.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I couldn't cook if my life depended on it, you should have seem my stirfry I cooked last year :bang:

5. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I cook for myself, but i don't wear an apron. I'd rather get splashes of food on me than my housemates giving me serious jip for wearing apron.
    I only cook for myself, rarely for other people. I know what i like, so i make it. I'm never so sure about other people's tastes so i don't cook for them. If i do, they're always specifying that they don't want ingredient X, or want extra of Y. It's so much easier when you only have your own taste to think about.

6. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I still live at home, AND I do most of the cooking.. my parents are very, very lazy. They're exploiting the fact that I like cooking..

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I can cook but I rarely do so. I normally leave for work by 6:30 AM and tend not to get home until after 6:00 PM at which time I really don't feel like cooking. As a result I have made a practice of stopping by at my parents house for dinner. Best of both worlds really, I don't have to cook and yet I still get a good home cooked meal.

8. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Mom makes helluva good meals,but i can make good sandwiches :p

9. Deepsea Anglerfish Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

i am an expert in cooking instant noodle, i am good and i dont need an apron...no one wears an apron to cook instant noodle.. right

10. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I can make pasta. And sandwiches. And that's all I can do that is even remotely eatable.

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

At the moment, either my mum cooks for us all, or I cook for myself, but I get a horrible feeling that when I am married it will be me wearing the apron. :eek:

12. Felgash Toradûn Banned

Naw... Mom cooks... I'm to lazy... Besides, the only thing I know how to, is Taco and Pizza...

My two favorite meals!! :p

13. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I do almost all of the cooking in our house, for two reasons:
    1) I get home first.
    2) Cooking is a hobby for me as much as a daily chore. When I'm bored I make up recipes or plan what to make for dinner. I collect cookbooks and recipes. I subscribe to food magazines. When I read a recipe, I can almost taste the meal without actually cooking it.

I decided long ago that, since I'd have to eat every day for the rest of my life, I'd better learn to be a good cook. I think I've succeeded.

14. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Both my 'rents cook, so do I but i'm not exactly AWT.

15. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I can cook! But not very well. Sometimes I take tome away from important stuff to cook some food. But most of the time, my parents do the cooking.

Frostbite

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I LOVE cooking. I can barely wait being on my own and getting to do all my cooking myself... no more having to eat anything horrible and unidetifiable someone else has "cooked"...

While I was in the group home, I remember when a new girl arrived... it was my turn to cook and I was making pasta with turkey sauce... I heard people telling her that everything I cooked was always great and things like that. That was one of the best memories I have from that bloody place.... :rolleyes:

(Elrond, why are you wearing ONLY an apron?)

17. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmm...
    I am the worst cook in the neighbourhood. Except that I make great pasta! Learned from dad, hey Dad! :wave:
    Tried to make muffins once with my friend... I think we forgot an ingredient or two. I put one on the floor and jumped on it, with shoes, didnt even crack...
    Made gingerbreadmen once, put pepper in them. Peppercakes in swedish.
    Last week we made pizza in school. I was very hungry so I took the pizz outta the oven too early and it was all... BLEH. We had to throw it all away and my group poured a sack of sugar, not flour pfew, over me.
    My friend is worse though.

18. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I live to cook - my kitchen is the best-equipped room in the entire apartment. My g/f is not even allowed in the kitchen when I am cooking - she is okay with that, because she hates to cook!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.