1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Announcing Pick the Nick 2002

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by TheBlackRose, Feb 26, 2002.

1. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm tired of people thinking I'm a girl. Plain and simple. I have nothing against women. I'm just not one. Everyone thinks I am, though, and that ain't good.

But with the advent of some weird forum bug allowing me to change my nick more than once a year [Note to Tal: don't change this. Please. :) ], I can rectify this situation. Or at least I think so. So sometime in the future (hopefully distant), I'll be going under the knife so to speak, and waking up a whole new man.

So what would you guys like the new Black Rose to be?

P.S. No WhiteLotus, PinkBlossom or YellowDandelion please. :grr:

2. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] The little engine that could!

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    TheGreenLantern

4. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Following precendent, change your nick to

I_LOVE_SHRALP

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

The transparent cactus

6. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] How about Picnic? Since you can't pick a nick :p

ROTFL to the post below. :hahaerr:

[This message has been edited by ArchAngel (edited February 26, 2002).]

7. Methylviolet Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Drinkinbeer Inmaunderwear

8. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] I have a question.

Why would you cave to such puerile pressure? Be a real man, TheBlackRose! Keep your name! I have to say, I never thought you were a girl. Although I have a preference for androgynous names myself. ;)

My vote: TheBlackRose

9. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Didn't the Knights of Takhisis have another name, too? Like at a different time, or something? You could go with that, possibly.

If you really felt the need to change it, that is. I, too, didn't assume you were a girl.

[This message has been edited by Damona Silvercloud (edited February 26, 2002).]

10. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Interesting points guys. I must stay, I was hoping for the latter responses.

I am known here as TheBlackRose, so it will probably stay that way.. for now.

Nice input all. Mods, close this topic if such strikes your fancy.

11. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31

Did you happen to notice that only the two *real* chicks gave you decent commentary? :rolleyes: Maybe you're better off having people think you're a girl.

12. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I guess that counts you out of the "real chicks" department there Methylviolet! <snicker>

I only thought TheBlackRose was a chick after I caught him whining about his nick in here! ;)

13. the god Gems: 13/31

Katie_stilwell_is_hot_2:special_edition,black_version ;)

14. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

Do not use DragonRider or SkyWard please.

I ask nicely now, but I wont be so nice later.

What about...Sunkist, Software, Attli the Hun?

15. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

How about MercurialTiger?
    Or SteelFalcon?

But I like the god's suggestion :D

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Maybe you can chance your subtitle instead of your nickname...

instead of TheBlackRose, respect death, berk!
    use: TheBlackRose, gimme 'nother beer!!!

That already looks a bit more manly :)

17. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] or you could get straight to the point... :mommy: TheBlackRose: (subtitle) i'm no girl!

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

TheBlackRose, keep the nick.

Not only that I find it coo! but you know what do I think of people ashamed of their nicks.

19. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

What do you think of people who are ashamed of their nicks, extremist? (I need to know)

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

TBR: Keep the nick. After all, you shouldn't be able to change your nick on the boards for another 364 days yet, so I think you're a bit early to be planning on changing it again :p :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.