1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Can you believe this garbage?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ender, May 4, 2002.

1. ender Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I am currnetly in middle shcool and in 8th grade. Me and my firends have comstantly had problems with this kid who just came from another school (expelled). He had threatened me and the school cop called us into his office. He explained to me that even if he puts his hands arouhnd my throat all im allowed to do is remove his hands not hit him or anything. I work out oftne and could turn this kid inside out, he keeps talkin a lot and getting in my face. Anyone know a loophole or anything that would let me beat the crap out of this kid? Hes really askin for it. Any advice would be nice.

2. jesper898 Guest

If he attacks you or your friends beat the crap outta him and tell people he attscked you first

3. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Find out where he lives, go to his house and knock the tar out of him in his own yard. Used to work for me anyway.

4. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Beating him won't solve the problem. He'll just be a jerk with a black-eye, as opposed to just being a plain jerk. :nono:

Think about it, is it worth getting into trouble in school and possibly your folks over this kid? :alien:

Just don't mind him, and try to hold your patience. :cool:

He really isn't getting off on pestering you. That's just too shallow. Likely, he's just trying to attract attention to himself. If you see him, just walk the other way. If he gets in your face, be as polite and civil as you can. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing that he can manipulate you through your anger and frustration. Remember, THE MOMENT YOU LOSE YOUR COOL, HE HAS BEATEN YOU. Be the better man, and hopefully he will tire of his moronic game as others will begin to see his pathetic attempts at covering his insecurity by trying too hard to get noticed. :help:

:hippy:

In the long run, your schoolmates (the sensible ones and the ones who really matter, not the other morons that seem to be prevalent in school) will acknowledge the way you have handled this cretin in a mature fashion. Not only will that impress your friends, it will also impress your teachers when they hear about it, and not too far off, the babe community of your school. :love:

Good luck! :)

5. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Maturity doesn't have to mean non violent methods. Think about it, we are humans, we are barely evolved apes, for every other animal in the world violence is the answer. And violent defence has always stopped me from getting beaten up. the one time i tried to ignore them and try and talk some sense into them i found myself face down in a canal.
    People who say violence is immature are deluding themselves. It is what we are made to do. I used to get bullied and i fought back and now i am a stronger person for it. i have many friends and i have never bullied another person ever. Remember:

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

6. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Just a few things Sir Dargorn:

I agree. There comes a time that one has to stand up for oneself. Yet contrast it to what ender posted:

Yes, violence is a very valid and a very real response. And unfortunately, there are those who understand nothing except a clenched fist impacting on their noses. But once hurt is inflicted, it can never be taken back. That's why its almost always a last resort.

Still, we are NOT apes. Also, it is very ironic that you chose the animal kingdom. True, violence happens among the animals, during courting/mating season, defence of territories, or in the manifestation of the predator/prey relationship.

But can you name an animal that commits violence for violence's sake? Self-defense, yes. Survival, yes. To propagate one's genes, yes. But to go out of your way to "do unto others before others do unto you", I believe is absent among the animals. :)

I don't think the human race was made for violence, despite our bloody history as a race. I say this because I don't believe causing harm is a major aspect of our psychology. We don't live our lives with the need to chokeslam every other person we meet. We may have used violence as an option to resolve differences, but I personally don't think the human race as a whole relish hurting each other. With all the weapons we have had at our disposal, we should have eradicated ourselves from the planet a long time ago.

I have always taken this saying as a reminder that no matter how much difficulties are thrown our way, we have the ability to overcome them and learn from those experiences, giving us an opportunity to improve ourselves and become better persons. I agree with the quote. Using violence as a last resort won't kill ender, it will only make him stronger. Not physically, but in character.

Yes, I also have been bullied when I was young, since I have always been big for my age and some of the boys in the higher grades used to pick on me a lot because of this (now that I think about it, they were always in groups, never picking on me when they were alone :heh: ). Somehow, I managed to deal with it without picking a fight. True, I was scared and intimidated then, but as I look back, I'm proud of myself that I was able to deal with them the way I described in my post. Don't get me wrong, I have defended myself in a physical manner before, and I scared myself even more when the three (yes, there were three) had to go to the hospital; one with a broken nose, the other with a slight fracture on a rib. The feeling bothered me more than my bruises and broken lip. :sosad:

I may disagree with you on this one dear poodle, but please don't take it to mean that I don't acknowledge your opinion. From your post, your experiences have been different from mine. As such, I accept that your take on the issue is as valid as mine.

:)

Anyway ender, I sincerely hope your problem gets resolved without you or your pesky friend getting hurt. Hopefully, he grows up soon.

:wave:

[This message has been edited by eveningdrive (edited May 05, 2002).]

7. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I hate to break this to your school cop, but if the kid lays his hands on you with intent to do harm, you have every right to fight back. Its called self-defense. The school yard is no different than the street in this regard. If someone attempted to mug you on the street, would you fight back if you were able? I would.

If the kid 'throws the first punch' let him have it . . . just make sure there are witnesses to prove that you acted in self defense. You have every right to defend yourself.

8. Well... This IS bullying, which means you have every right to call the cops(not the school cops) on this situation. That means it'll go down in criminal record and he won't be happy because there WILL be at least one authority keeping an eye on him.

9. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Jesus, you people think like a buncha lawyers.

Just so you know, in most states it's considered assault if someone puts an unwanted hand anywhere on your person. That said, keep cool, be polite, civil, nice. Somebody, I can't remember who, said that to smile at your enemies is worse than heaping burning coals on their head. I agree.

Be nice until it's time to not be nice. Only you can determine when he's gone too far...and no matter how far he goes, someone else will always think it wasn't far enough. Screw them. You can't live your life cowering from fear of parents/teachers/rent-a-cops when your honor is at stake.

But this is of prime importance: don't be the agressor. Ever.

10. Silverblade Guest

Whatever you do, never hit this guy. He wants you to hit him, because then you are in trouble. He wants you to be expelled and him getting away with it. Don't let him make you angry, keep your cool and walk away. Out-smarting people has kept me out of some fights over the last few years.

[This message has been edited by Silverblade (edited May 05, 2002).]

11. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I dont like volince but in this case I'll give you a loophole because I have had trouble with thoughs kind of people. Though I'm too weak to do anything about it here's the only loop-hole that I've found.

That rule only aplies on school grounds. No where else. But if a cop or some one of athority catches you, then it will be as though your on school grounds. At least thats how it is here in the US.

But hey. The school year is almost up and then you wont have to worry about it. The best advice I can give you is to hold your cool. Dont say anything stupid to him. If he see's that he cant get to you then he'll stop and pick on some one else.

[This message has been edited by DragonRider SkyWard (edited May 05, 2002).]

12. Brightblade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

i forgot who said it, but humans are grisly little buggers. If he attacks you, you can defend yourself, but you cannot go on the offensive, that means you can dodge and block, but thats about it...sad isnt it?

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If he tries to attack you just move out the way and walk off, it annoys them, they try to bully you more yet if you keep your cool it REALLY annoys them, it becomes more torture for them :p battles of the mind are the best

Though you could always just fight back against him, you can shout, or retaliate but you wouldn't want to give the jerk what he wants would you now?

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Attack him verbally, and use hefty amounts of sarcasm, irony... and even satire :)

Whenn they don't understand what you say, they usually turn red and walk away. :)

Ara
    (You know.... I feel like I've been writing this thing before... hmm...)

15. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kid don't be a pussy if you can't handle being bullied then maybe you should take home school. I hate people like you who can't handle being picked on even if you are the most popular kid in the school you are going to get picked on.

16. Psycho, that is mean. Obviously you've never been bullied, or maybe you ARE a bully. It is just wrong being bullied, and in Nova Scotia there was an article about some kid in high school committing suicide because he was bullied so much. If you don't know what it feels like, then don't say anything. And there is nothing wrong trying to get away with bullying, like anyone sensible. Oh sure you might think you are strong and tough if you suck up the bullying, but you will burst when the bag holds too much.

17. [​IMG] Psycho, He said, he wanted to have advice, besides that, he aslo said he could beat the kid, and he was gettign annoied about being bullied and that the cop wouldnt let him do anything. If your going to comment on something...read what its about

18. parrotheada1a Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was picked on & bullied mercilessly in grade school. A whole family of brothers were after me at one time or another. My mom gave me some advice to use. Be nice untill the time comes for not being nice. Then, be cold ,calculating and humiliate the bastard on his own turf. My dad said to toughen up and fight back. But fight to win.
    Well, I tried my mom's advice. It worked up to the point when they ganged up on me. It was about that time when my best freind came around the corner and slammed the biggest one into the wall. Then I started kicking two brothers in the nuts. These rest turned tail when they saw me getting back up with a bleeding nose and a bit of berserker rage in my eyes. I got respect that morning. Violence doesn't solve everything. But you need to stop the crap quick. You don't need to be the whipping boy.

19. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Things to remember:

Battery: A harmful or offensive TOUCHING. any unwanted or unpermitted contact upon the person of another is a battery. From a legal standpoint, being the aggressor holds liability in tort law. That's why you should never start fights...And you thought paladins didn't strike first out of honor! It's so they won't get in trouble on the retaliation, because they are defending themselves.

You are justifed in defending yourself to the same degree you are harmed...Basically the "eye for an eye" standard. If he hits you, you can hit them back. Just make sure you have witnesses to attest to the fact that he hit you first. Then you can continue to the attack until the person retreats or calls for mercy.

Have fun! Play nice!

**** This information is transmitted for entertainment purposes only. ****

20. SlimShogun Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Psycho, you're comment was not only mean-spirited, but also wrong. Not everyone gets bullied, asshole. [Tsk, tsk, no name calling on the boards please - BTA]

And ender, you need to fight this kid, and badly. After that, he'll never even think of getting near you.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited June 04, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.