1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Replay Value.

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Bassil Warbone, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You amaze me HB. Not at your playing rate (which is the slowest I've ever heard of :p ) but because you can keep yourself from playing it all the time at least the first time through. Playing time is not an issue, it's playing frequency for me. I logged 100+ hours on FFX but finished it in a bit less than a month iirc.

I voted excellent, though I have never played any game 20 times with the exception of PvP games like Fifa and Tekken.

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

That's the thing about it though. You could be absent from the game for a lOooOong amount of time and still want to go back and play it. I've played so many games and passed on and yet, I still want to just pop in my BG cd and play again :p

3. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have finished the game four times, but I have played up through the cloakwood mine probably another ten times. I don't plan on ever stopping to play the game.

4. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

Baldur's Gate is by far my favorite game ever. I've beaten it about 10 times, but have actually restarted a countless number of times to roll a new character and nothing has gotten anywhere near close to old for me. I'm still finding out new things about it for crying outloud! Although I think the voting thing is kind of weird... Once you replay a game more than 3 times, the replayability is amazing, at least for me.

5. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I love this game. I enjoy it more than I do BG2.

6. kmonster Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Veteran

I couldn't make myself finishing the game more than one time but I finished the C64 version of "Defender of the Crown" with CCS64 several hundred times. Great replay value, especially if you can modify your starting gold and army with a trainer to increase the challenge.
    The rpg I replayed the most were Might and Magic 3 and IwD.

7. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I kept replaying the game until i had memorised where every magic item in the game, and every none random enemy. At that time i gave up and havent touched it ever after. Still think i can say a good 15 times under my belt.

Tried playing a couple of times after, but i still remember where most items and monsters of interest are just by looking on the main map, so it kinda kills some of the fun out of exploring and adventuring for me now.

8. Bassil Warbone Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG]
    I agree, I could play this game the rest of my life and never need any other. But the BG2 series is quite the nice extra gravy. :D

9. IdaGno Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

No replay w/o completion. I finally got my merry band of wanderers into BG City proper 18 months ago and promptly lost all interest. For me, it was like going from the wilderness of Big Sky Country, Montana to Manhattan, New York.

Maybe I just missed the call of the raptors way too much.

But yeah, I hope someday to finish,cuz I'd really like to try different things w/my PC & in the way of party members.

(Morrowind cities aren't quite so overwhelming.)

10. Cal Yhringlor Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I think that ...
    BALDUR'S GATE 1 is one the 3 BEST games EVER made in the World.
    (it has, at least, the calibre of eternal games as ZELDA Ocarina of Time™, or CIVILIZATION II).
    His "replay value" is LIMITLESS !!! ...
    My enthusiasm for Baldur's Gate I is maximal.
    :) :thumb: :) :thumb: :) :thumb: :) :thumb: :) :thumb:
    I can say exactly the same thing, here.

I think also there is, in BG1 game, a "little magical thing" more than the other games, BG2 included.
    That little magical thing is atmosphere, landscapes, special characters with "psychic eyes blinks" as the "flaming" red-haired Maple Willow Aspen, and ... ALL, in fact ... ;)

11. Ironmancal2131

Ironmancal2131 Nice head, I think I'll take it

Baldur's Gate for me is the greatest game ever made, hands down. There are a few things I wished were added, but they're merely tiny cosmetic changes and have no affect on the gameplay.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.