1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How do I ask?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jaguar, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Geez, you sound like I used to be Jag. I don't know how old you are, but I'm going to take a guess that you are somewhere between the ages of 18-25. If so, just wait. Chances are, being on this board you are very intelligent, and one reason you may not have met anyone special is that they are still very immature and in the "fun" time in their life. This will all change with time. Women usually come out of this phase by the time they are around 25. That's when they start looking for a decent guy, and that's when they'll look to you. Women also tend to have very volatile personalities prior to the age of 25 when they finally get their priorities straight and know what they want in life. (Not that men are any better at that age.) Beyond waiting a few years though, chill out. As had been said numerous times before, actively trying may pass as desperation, which is never going to get you anywhere.

2. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Hmm, yes be yourself...
    But do NOT talk about yourself all the time. It's nicer if you have to ask a person some questions than to sit and get their whole life laid out before you. Don't brag, show that you are interested in what she has to say, compliment just a little, and always look into her eyes.
    Show both your good sides and your bad.
    Personally, I tend to like people with a lack of selfconfidence.
    Do not judge too fast. And remember, not all people suits you. No one is perfect, we're all humans.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Practice online by talking to women. It's an easy way to build confidence. Then take what you learned out into the real world if online doesn't treat you right.

However, if you are serious about the online arena, check out eharmony. It's not your average yahoo chat or some lame online dating program. Be prepared to take an extensive personality test, but it's worth it.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Big B does make a good point. Guess how your Master of Flirt started. Yea, right. I confess this in public: I spent loads of time in my youth on those things. My record was something like 12 chat windows in 3 different languages at one time :rolleyes: Heck, even Latin was an option :D

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Show interest.
    Ask her anything she likes to talk about, find out what really keeps them busy. Don't bother them with too much talk about what you have managed. Boys and men like to brag about what they've done, which often is not a very charming thing. Let them talk when you listen to them.

6. chevalier

Media:
    Good one from MoN. Don't ask too many questions, though - or too personal ones. She must have the feeling she's talking to your out of her own need. Includes talking at all and the choice of the subject. Her being the favourite subject, of course :D

7. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I good line, I have found, is to ask them something such as:

"Hey, do you happen to go to (insert University name)?"

They will answer either yes or no. People who are too old for college will be flattered; people who are to young will also be flattered. If they don't, they often volunteer if they are going to a different institute. The big benefit is that you find out if they are legal or not, with little effort. :thumb:

The follow-up is "Oh, I think I saw you in (name a location such as the Library Quad)", if they said yes. If no, you can say "oh, okay, sorry, I thought I saw someone that looks alot you.". If they volunteer information, then segway into their answer.

If they do go to the campus, the fact you noticed them and remembered their appearance (we are being dishonest here), does imply interest.

I hope this helps.

8. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Only in Amerika do you have to find out if they are legal or not.

Sheesh.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Ejsmith - why do you say that only applies in America? It applies in every country I have ever lived in . . . .

10. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Yes, because if they aren't legal, it means they're illegal, and that can lead to embarresing law suits and court actions. Beleive me.

11. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Yes, getting a slap in the face is just the thing that turns me on ;) Guess what darkest fantasy is? Yeah, some S&M with a woman that slaps my face. Women are good tools to slap ones face; they could do it all day without getting even cramps. :p

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I don't think that is the sort of advice he is looking for.

/me wonders about the life expectancy of the previous post.

13. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Here's a great pickup line.
    I guarantee it'll work wonders.

"If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"

:D

14. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

About the legal stuff:

In most parts of USA, it is a limit of age 18 before doing the 'ding dong,' but in countries like Sweden, we only have the age 15 as a minimum, and honestly, who would pick on chicks under 15, except Death Rabbit of course?

15. Harbourboy

Um, if you look at the demographics of SP members, a dominant proportion are under 21 and so would be interested in girls who might be of that age for sure.

16. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31

Oooooh yeeeeaaa :D

Just hope I'm not at the age of 50 :eek:

And if I was btw, it would be a secret! :nono:

Heeey, I made a second page :eek:

17. chevalier

Media:
    Baezle makes a good point about age. Don't ask.

@Virne: you really don't know much about BDSM :shake: :lol: :grin:

Blackhawk has a nice idea with the college thing. I use similar tactics to learn if she has a boyfriend or not without asking. "What would your guy say about this?" and "Your guy is surely lucky with that stamina of yours." are two authentic lines from me ;) In both cases they were single and corrected me immediately :shake:

18. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31

Isn't that movie style, assuming that the girl allready has a boyfriend?. Then when she tells you that she doesn't, you say "How can a girl like you not be taken allready?" or something... :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.