1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Did You Have A Ghost Under Your Bed?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by ArchAngel, Apr 9, 2002.

1. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] I did a search on "paranormal on google" and it gave me half a million hits. Pretty impressive.

So I especially found this one with "Ghost Stories".. (True ones) Interesting.. if nothing else.
    Ghost Stories

So any of you remember when you were Kids? Did you believe that noise under your bed.. at night.. where noone could hear you.. was a ghost? or did you see it?

Share your paranormal stories here:

I'll start.

I never believed in paranormal stuff and never will, I think. As an "old" science student I feel I have both feet well placed on the ground. Years back I worked on a ferry. Which sailed nights and days. One Night I felt uneasy and desided to take a stroll on the deck. Nothing special but an old turkish man sitting, smoking. The winter sky was crystal clear and in the middle of the ocean there wasn't the slightest light to annoy the view. A few minutes later I spotted a shooting star. I made a wish but suddenly stalled. I could swear the shooting star changed directions and dissapeared. Now I just think back at it and smile. Of course I had seen wrong. Gotten a tear in my eye. the vast network of amateur astronoms would have noticed... And all that. But.. What if. Anyone know that rediculous feeling from somewhere else?

2. When I was about 8 or 9, I woke up in bed, turned to the right, and there was a black-cloaked figure kneeling at my bedside!! :eek: This was made worse by the fact that I had recently seen the Muppets' Christmas Carol. I yelped, and dived under the duvet.
    Two hours of sweating terror :aaa: :mommy: later, I found the courage to take a peek, and realised it was in fact a chair next to my bed with a black fleece draped over the back. :rolleyes:

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't have any ghosts.

I have at least one guardian angel.

4. Kahliib Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

When I was about 7, I lived in a small room . Pictures of my brothers hung on the walls. One night, I awoke and saw the pictures glowing. I don't know what caused it but I thought it was pretty messed..

5. sorvo Guest

About 5 years ago I was living at someone elses house in the basement. I just laid down to go to sleep and I could swear someone had their hand on my shoulder. I turned over and no body was there. Freaked out, I went upstairs to grab a beer and I saw my roomate sitting in the living room. I walked over to him and he was reading the Necronomicon with a weird look on his face. Needless to say I moved out about a week later:mommy:

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm going to see Monsters, Inc. this weekend. :D

And yea, I was deathly afraid of some monster in my closet as I was a child. (No ghosts though, that'd be easy.)
    I had horrible nightmares about something always coming out of that bloody closet and doing... something... to me.

Funny, I can't remember what was so horrible about it or what it did to me. But I remember being terribly scared until I emptied the closet completely for the first time. That helped me see that there's nothing inside to be afraid of. :)

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 10, 2002).]

7. C'Jakob Guest

I never had the fear of a ghost or monster under my bed. Maybe because I wasn't really brought up under a strong Western influence where ghosts and monsters hide in and under furniture.

As for supernatural weird stuff, when I was in 6th grade, I would find my radio suddenly be turned on without anything touching it, often right after I got home. Scared the crap outta me. But that's probably not paranormal.

8. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

This isn't my personal experince but it's that of my mother's. She's told it so many times and the same way each time that I have come to short of "belive" that she is telling the truth.

Her best friend lived in a really big house, a mantchion if you wish. Any ways their was a ghost that lived their. No one knows how it got their but it's their. It did odd things like open windows when they were watching tv. Rocked rocking chairs(no wind, no open windows).
    But what I remember the most is this. Every night the ghost, George I think his name was, moved the glass cups from on side of the kicthin to the other. The cups are thoughs really think and heavy ones that you would hold beer in. They were heavy. Anyways one intire side of the cabnits were filled with these cups. And ever night they were moved from the cabnits to the other side on to the table.
    I dont know if this is a tail my mom tells but their seems to be some truth to it. I've heard the same story from several of my family members at different times when no one else was around. It seems weird I know.

I'm not even going to start on what I have seen. I've seen enough for the goverment to take me underground.:mommy::whoa:

9. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    When I was a kid, my mother used to scare me saying that there was a devil to get me outside and all that. When I was about eight or so, I, well, I saw this creature, a short man-thing, playin violin in the middle of the room, and I was paralyzed. I tried to get my mom to notice it, but she did not pay any attention to me.
    I can still remember how afraid I was.

Ara
    (Spam is a way of life!)

10. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Once, when I was 13 years old, a lightbulb flew off a shelf and exploded 6 inches away from my ear.

I had just changed the lightbulb in my ceiling fan, and placed the burnt out one on a shelf. I was walking toward my bedroom door, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a movement. I watched the lightbulb travel off the shelf, across five feet of space, and explode by my left ear. It sounded like it smashed against something solid, and it shattered, but there wasn't anything solid like that in the middle of my room. I was too stunned to even move. I got a minor cut on my eyelid and bottom lip from it. It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to react.

I'm sure there was some weird electromagnetic explanation for that to have happened, though what would motivate a lightbulb to cruise across a room, of it's own volition, and break is totally beyond me.

11. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

One morning when I woke up, I noticed someone was touching my shoulder although there was noone around. I jumped out to realise that I had somehow slept on my wrist such that due to loss of circulation my hand had gone numb and in fact it was my hand touching my shoulder :)

This only goes to show that the brain and the senses can be fooled.

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Never had any ghosts in my room as a kid, like Tal that would have been easy. But I did have a monster under my bed, and still have. Everytime I had to go up and pee at night I could imagine the monster under my bed reaching for my feet. Real scary and I still think about it sometimes, I can really get pretty worked up about it. But as everyone knows there is a supreme protectiong against monsters hiding under the bed, a nice and warm blanket. Nothing can hurt you if your whole body except your head is under the blanket :D

13. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've got several, none of them personnal experiences:

1. On a Civil War re-enactment (I was in fact there, but this event did not happen to me, rather, a friend of mine) I was on, we were fighting and encamped on the original battle field site. My friend woke in the middle of the night and had to take a pee. So, running to the porta-potties, he saw that there were two ladies already in line in front of him. He knew one of them, but neither of them knew the third. Anyway, a guy got out of the john and the unknown woman went in and latched the door. After about twenty-five minutes, and no sound from the john, my friend grew concerned and after yelling into the john and banging on the door, he opened it a crack and used his knife to unlatch the door. No one was inside.

2. There was a suicide years ago on my campus in one of the dorm lounges. She used some thin chord or something and it sliced her neck open before her neck broke. Some friends of mine were sitting down there, and they swore to me that they could feel something dripping on them. They were suitably frightened, especially since they were perfectly dry.

14. Horborg Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Though I have experianced some odd happenings, I have to say that the spectacular for good has been overwhelmingly more. So I like Extremist will have to say that I have no ghosts but plenty of Gaurdian angels.

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have a ghost in my pc, he's my spooky (dírty DOS), willing and swift serveant ... though I sometimes feel he's creating a bluescreen here and then to gain attention ... for sometimes ... late at night I think I hear him whisper:

"Use me, Ragusa! Use me ... you don't like your OS any longer, don't you?"

16. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I have had alot of experiences.Some of them I can think of explanations others I can't I will put a plus sign at the end of the ones I can't think of good explanations and you guys can help me.

1 For like 2 weeks straight I would wake up at 12:00-12:30 to a light moving outside of my door and would stop and just sit there the light was kinda a greenish yellow and it kinda was a wavy blurry figure. One night the light even moved toward my door.
    2 One night I was baby sitting my sister at about 10 at night and I thought I heard the faucet downstairs turn on (my sister heard it to) so I grabbed a big knife and went downstair as soon as I got down there there was no one down there and the faucet turned off in front of my eyes.+
    3 Me and like 3 other friends slept over at my friends house we all saw a blurry light hover over us. There is only one window down where we were sleeping and it faces the backyard wich lead to a bike path and pond there is no streets back there so no headlights.+
    4 I was sleeping over at my friends house and me and my firend both heard his drum symbol go and the snare go off and then the tv turned off.+
    Thanks for your help everyone I have more storys but I don't need to tell them to.

17. DemoGorgon Guest

No ghosts under my bed, Just a dead clown. Funny story.

18. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

lol. That's twisted.

19. Corilathi Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

When I was a child, whenever I saw an open closet door, I figured it was a doorway to the dimension of monsters. I always envisioned these wierd mishapen creatures racing down the a path to try and reach the door, so they could escape into the real world and do me harm. So, whenever I saw an open closet door, I would run as fast as I could to shut it. :eek:

20. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Psycho, what was it that did the light in front of your door? I'm scared now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.