1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sickening bank robbery

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by AMaster, Sep 28, 2002.

1. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
  2. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I never understood why the Middle-Age practice of torturing criminals and hanging them still alive at cross-roads, leaving them to become crow food, was abandoned...

3. TheNovak Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

God...I feel sorry for that state trooper, and for his family. I'm sure he wasn't the only police officer to not bust one of those murderers when he had the chance.

A sick, sick, crime. I vote we put them in the torture chamber we built for Osama and never got to use. Bastards.

4. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I say cut little bits off them... slowly. Then fire one bullet at a time into their legs and arms, then put a knife in their guts, shove a sword up their asses, and watch them scream.

5. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yet more proof that the American Justice system has many significant flaws. A few of these guys had been in jail and released, likely on parole. Once you're convicted of a crime that could be potentially dangerous, there should be no parole and a lifetime sentence at the very least.

I know I'll probably get chewed out for this, but I have just been completely appalled by the way justice has been handled in this nation for the past several years.

6. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Rastor, that would make sense...but only if money grew on trees. The cost for the prison system would be enormous...exponentially more so than it already is. We'd need to put aside a state for just prisons.

7. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

No, you need to find a way to a) stop people from becoming criminals, and b) stop ex-cons from falling back into a criminal behavior. Nothing else will solve the problem, you already have over 1 million people locked up.

8. Teensabre Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Z-Layrex:

How could you say that? I'm totally agianst torture

I'm for peeeeeeeace:hippy:

9. Shadowhunter Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Lets see:

On one hand you have an average man that works his *** in a hard earned employment, pays his taxes, respects most of the laws, raises two children, maintains the local industry by shopping near his home, going to the movies and tries not to waste the natural resources his country has, pays for his children's food, transportation, apparel, videogames, pays the mechanic when the car gies down, votes, disposes of garbage properly.

On the other hand you have a hardened street thug ready to slice the throat of an unsuspecting passer-by because he/she just "looked into my eyes in an unrespectful way" or to put a bullet through the skull of the first person to tell him not to yell at women for the same reason; whose income mainly composes of drug-dealing, black-mailing, intimidating, robbing (murdering or not, after all "who the **** cares for his/her life?! I care for his/her money?). And as life goes by he "has fun" "earning his cash"; or maybe he dwells with mafia lords getting a flash new hit-man job, or maybe he conquers the local gang an moves underground enough to get a "decent job" as a politician's "aide".

Both may be ill-tempered, both may get an ulcer, both may be brothers, both may have a car.

But... Who would you like as a "trusted" neighbour and "friendly" backyard pal?

And guess who must be in jail?

Now you see who deserves a life-sentence or death-penalty?

It may be sad, but IMHO one of these men must die... and it's not the one who pays his taxes.

[ October 01, 2002, 02:42: Message edited by: Shadowhunter ]

10. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Shadowhunter, are you just, like, writing cheesy "straight to video" movies in your head?

To that ramble, I must reply with a simply this: John Wayne Gacy paid his taxes.

This is the same Gacy that chopped up little boys and buried them under the floor in his basement. Wanna read more about this fine, upstanding taxpayer?

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/gacy/gacymain.htm

What I'm getting at, here, is who are you to judge who should be locked up for life.

Back on topic, this was a horrendous crime, and it's a shame that people go around hurting people for money. It's a shame that that poor policeman made one teeny clerical error, and a shame that he took the responsibility of the whole crime upon himself. It's a shame that the justice system let this crew slip through.

It's also a shame that no one hears of the reformed cases, the crimes that were stopped at last minute by the arm of the law, foiled attempts, people actually getting what they deserve, men leaving prison and starting a new life, blah blah. How boring, who wants to hear that. It's a shame that we, as a species (not just Americans, not just Europeans, Africans, Japanese, whatever, but ALL of us) thrill to hear and read about human suffering and desperate tragedy.

11. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Source, please.

In any event, that's 1/275th of our nation. What proportion of yours is locked up?

I'm amazed at how you people can turn everything into a referendum on America. STFU or go red.

If you read the articles, you saw that they were locked up for assault and the like. We don't imprison people for life for that.

And once you Europeans figure out how to stop people from committing crimes and then prevent them from recidivism, let us know. Oh, wait, your crime rate is climbing while ours is decreasing? Nevermind, then. Locking people up does both.

[ October 01, 2002, 05:43: Message edited by: Shralp ]

12. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

idoru, like shralp said the crime rate is going down, they must be doing something right. :)

13. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I must say that when it comes to scum like these, torture is too good for them.

I don't care if these *if I wrote it I'd get banned* are American or whatever... stupidity is universal.

Ara
    (Veeeery pissed off at the moment)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.