1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Would You Commit Suicide?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Depaara I would label what you are describing as self sacrifice and not suicide but that is really just a matter of definitions.

Personally, I would choose a form of lethal injection if I were in a position where I felt suicide was necessary. Quite frankly I am no fan of unnecessary pain and I would have to be in such poor physical shape that no other method of suicide would be possible before I would even consider it.

I feel that suicide is a reasonable alternative under certain medical conditions. My great grandmother had a stroke and was unable to leave her bed, speak, read or do anything except swallow the food that you spooned into her mouth, squeeze your finger a little if you put it in her hand, and nod her head a little. With the "benefits" of modern medical care she lasted in this condition for almost five years. There was no hope of recovery and when she finally died no one was sad that she was gone but instead we were all very relieved that her suffering was finally over.

It is very strange in my mind that if a pet is suffering with no hope of recovery that we think it is humane to end its life but it is illegal to do so for a human being.

2. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Doesn't seem to work with opera. I wonder what kind of virus-infected microsoft arselicker that page is.

Well I opened it with IE and found that the answering alternatives were so incredibly sucky that I decided not to answer. :rolleyes:

I mean, 5 options for what you think about self mutilation. And those 5 include one that speaks of sympathy and 4 telling you've tried it yourself or something. What ever happened to the one where you simply didn't care, or thought it downright crazy, dumb and amusing?

3. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

They says that I would;

But I woudl actually shoot myself. Not that I am going to commit suicide. Tried it once, failed and will never do it again.

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I get would somewhere very high and as vertical as possible.
    Then i would execute bungee jumping without a rope :D
    Though i really question myself if i would be able to :confused:

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    THat test IS crooked, yes... But fits people like me. I represent a small minority os SP people, but I DO know that I would never kill myself unless under extreme duress. I have a "I am NOT letting the bastards get at me!" attitude... so what if I happen to like a little blood?

Besides, scars. not cuts. I'm over it... not even chrashdowns cause misappliamce of sharp objects. :rolleyes:

(Now, where did I put that sword...)

6. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I got
    Hmmm perhaps but i doubt i would try this way. I've had someone try to actually strangle me. It wouldn't have been a nice way to go.

I would have preffered cut your wrists answer. Though i'm over that now. Though in about 4 years i self harmed myself (to serious extents) 9 times. I got over it and i don't want to ever hit double figues. I also have faint marks from when i ripped the skin from my forhead with my nails in one slash. Other people have to know they're there. I know they're there, and it reminds me of how stupid self harm was.

7. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd be hanging myself, but there is NO way I would ever kill myself. Death is scary as hell!

8. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

"Death is scary as hell" hmm but perhaps, in religions, after death is hell. The actual death if quick enough you wouldn't feel it but then you might go to hell and have a slow death. Ok im not sure what i mean so i doubt you will either. I just found the use of that phrase a little misplaced in the context of death and suicide.

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is not really about the topic as sich, it is more that the test only gives you bad choices. Suicide can and should be talked about, how to commit suicide is stretching it a bit too far and in smoe ways assuming that people have decided to commit it and that it is not a bit deal.

10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I have yet to get past the security on the school's system, so I can't really comment on the survey itself, but here's a thought -- I don't think suicide is a trivial subject or "no big deal", but I also know that in many (BUT NOT ALL) cases the best way to deal with a serious, deep issue is to laugh at it.

Some cultures have parties at the death of a loved one. It's not a matter of disrespect, but an attitude more of "Bob loved to have a good time, so in honor of his life, lets do what he would have wanted!"

I also agree that anything that might encourage a youth (or anyone) to really commit suicide should probably be hedged about with caveats.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Well, isn't this morbid and creepy! According to this quiz I'd hang myself because I both "crave and fear death." WRONG! Of course, there were at least two questions where my answer was the least of the evils, and not truly representative of how I feel.

The real answer? I wouldn't.

12. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yet another hangman player.

I really wish I hadn't look at that link though, it's perpetutating horrible thoughts in my mind now. Must get them out... think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts... :mommy:

13. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I would break into the Playboy mansion and refuse to leave :grin: Or maybe do that bank robbery :hmm:

14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I would hang myself, supposedly.

But I wouldn't kill myself. That's escaping from the problems of life.

15. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

That's pretty sick dude.
    Plus, the thought has never crossed my mind, yet apparently i love and fear death (i'd hang myself).

16. Ralgnar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I'm seeing a pattern here...Looks like if you choose the answers indicating best that you wouldn't commit suicide/have no interest, or if you choose "the least of evils" to quote rallymama, It decides you "crave and fear death" and assigns hanging. Probably it assumes that you are already craving death, so if your answers indicate you don't, it assumes you "crave and fear death." And yes, that's what I got too, and I'm not suicidal at all, so I, at least, verify my theory.

17. Kovalis Darkfire Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] What a very strange forum, makes me wonder what the starter had in mind...

Anyways, on topic: I would definately do it real simple and easy, like shoot myself in the head; or else I would do something "fun", like driving a semi-truck through a super-market or into the grand canyon at 100 mph.

[ March 22, 2003, 01:09: Message edited by: Kovalis Darkfire ]

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

This is...rather inappropriate for the younger Spers, eh? I would not have thought that such words would ever come from me, but I guess people change as they grow older.

A note to Tal: Would you take any action upon this thread?

Anyway, it's hanging for me, according to the site. I would never commit suicide. I have a struggle until the end, spit in the eye of my foe with my last breath mindset. Self-termination? Nah. Someone will have to send me on my way.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Alright, what hacker got into Shura's computer?

The test is pretty stupid anyway

20. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I've been silent on this for awhile now, but I think I am finally going to speak up.
    First off, how the hell is this topic any different from any other sensative topic in here?
    I mean, I think my use of the word "hell" is the first remotely bad word used in this thread, and we're on two pages. What about all the other topics where people are bashing other people, there's bashing of other countries. And sometimes it gets pretty nasty. Maybe those of you who participate in it, need to knock it off so our younger members don't read it. There's even swearing in other topics. We talk about the war, we talk about abortion, we talk about drugs, we talk about sex. Don't those affect the younger SPers as well? And why is it just limited to the younger members? Why are adults immune to it? And please, don't give me the crap that adults are more mature and can separate reality from a stupid quiz on a web page. I've met some nine year olds who are more mature than some adults I know.
    Yeah, I'm sure a web site may and can influence a young person, regardless of the topic. But you know what? Where the hell are the parents? Why is a child or juvenile looking at a website like this? Why? Its not because I posted a link to it, it because the parents are too busy doing other things that they don't know what their child is getting into.
    I'm sorry to the young members here, but parents need to be more involved in their children's lives at times. If their son(s) or daughter(s) are surfing the web, they need to be monitoring it, or they need to have the adult controls set up on the internet. Then, it wouldn't matter if I post a link such as this because the juveniles here wouldn't be able to acess it.
    Personally, I feel keeping quiet about a subject like this makes it even worse. Maybe there is someone on here who is or has considered suicide recently. SO maybe they read this thread, see all the jokes made about it on here and maybe they think the idea suddenly sounds absurd. Or maybe they talk about their feelings here or to somebody and maybe, just maybe, it's prevented.
    Like I said before, there's been comments from certain members on here that I feel at times have been far worse than a quiz on suicide. Maybe we need to go to all those threads with offensive or sensative comments and close and delete them too?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.