1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How Would You Commit Suicide?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Mar 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I got slit wrists!

"YOU WOULD SLIT YOUR WRISTS. you are obsessed with morbidity, pain, and, most of all, death. you're a creative and intense person, but you often allow yourself to be consumed with giving voice to your suffering; this sets you apart from others and adds tension to the few relationships that you do have. you think of misery as poetic and regard your own unhappiness as the price of being intelligent and self-aware"

*looks at the rather nasty marks on her forearm, and the oiles of paper around the room filled with scribblings*

That's me to boot.

(Elrond! Gimme back that knife!)

3. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Are there any options for people who are actually happy??

I couldn't even finish it because I've never cut myself or hurt myself on purpose, so I guess this 'quiz' isn't meant for me.

If I would kill myself it would be like diving down a cliff or something. This way I at least would have fun before I die.

4. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think I'd actually like to go by jumping into a tank full of sharks! Or pissing off a bunch of PETA members so much they take me down!

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

YOU WOULD SLIT YOUR WRISTS. you are obsessed with morbidity, pain, and, most of all, death. you're a creative and intense person, but you often allow yourself to be consumed with giving voice to your suffering; this sets you apart from others and adds tension to the few relationships that you do have. you think of misery as poetic and regard your own unhappiness as the price of being intelligent and self-aware.

VIEW ALL WAYS TO COMMIT SUICIDE

Same as Ara.

Actually I would jump off a bridge.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

For some reason I got hanging. But if I was actualy going to do it I'd try the Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy thing and try and miss the ground :)

7. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Apparently I'd hang myself. Well isn't this a cheery subject :grin:

And watch out, all the angsty teenagers on the Boards might get ideas from this

8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hmmm.. thingy says I´ll hang myself

I won´t slit my wrists, since that will leave some mess for the cleaner

I won´t drown myself, since I can swim and have a floatproblem

Guns? How the heck do I got one of those? :hmm:

Asphyxiation, I´ll prob forget to close a window or something :spin:

Overdose? In this country that´s way too easy :roll:

9. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Elios, this is a horrible topic. Especially considering all the juveniles here with all the problems that brings. It is more than a horrible topic, it is a despicable one.

10. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

[​IMG] Elios, it is up to you and the moderators, but I personally think that you should request that this thread be eliminated. If you want to, go post this on Glock Talk, or democratic underground, someplace with a smaller juvenile population, but I just don't agree with it being here. :(

Just like the saying says, opinions are like ___, everybody has one, and that is mine, whatever it is or isn't worth.

11. Morgoth

Media:
    Is death to be feared?
    No it´s part of our life, we talk lightly about sex, children, youth, old age.. but we can´t talk about death.. why?

12. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Death and suicide are not the same thing, one is a result of the other, and this trivializes both.

Suicide is a serious matter, and todays youth already have far too many serious matter trivialized by the media. Things like this can lead to children taking their own lives.

13. Morgoth

Media:
    And you are to decide wether suicide is good or bad?

14. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Okay, now I'm depressed!

(btw ... hanging)

15. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I never would! Because I find suicide to be egoistic. I would be beyond caring but I would leave my family, friends etc in utter despair. This is MY opinion and frankly I don't care whether or not you agree with me. So no flaming please. :)

16. Morgoth

Media:
    oh and pleasing your family so that you feel better is not egoistic, hmm?

17. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

You know, if I would kill myself it would probably be this way. But I won't. Why kill yourself, you'll die anyway!

18. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! Sometimes I hate these boards!!! That's not what I meant Morgoth!!! It's not about pleasing your family! If I would commit suicide I wouldn't care about anything anymore right? To commit suicide you probably must feel pretty bad right? So because you don't want to feel this bad feelings anymore, you go off and kill yourself. Now it's not you anymore who feels bad, but everyone else around you does. So what is more egoistical? me feeling bad, (and off course if people are true friends they feel bad with you) or me not feeling bad, but everyone close around me feeling bad?

So the entire issue of pleasing is not in order! so please I'll try to make clearer post, and you try to read properly ok? :)

Sorry if I'm offending people right now because they have tried to commit suicide, or something different.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Putting every effort in not spoiling the body.

20. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

My school software has blocked the site! LOL!

There was a huge thread on this about a month or so ago, and no one got ansy over that one, so I fail to see the horrid or despicable nature of this thread.

I would never commit suicide, unless it would be an act to save someone else (in particular, my wife or kids). As I said before, if someone had a gun to the head of one of my loved ones and said "kill yourself or (s)he dies" I would probably opt to be shot, or take a swan dive off a cliff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.