1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

STAR WARS - What was he thinking?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The name change that Big B mentions must be what I was thinking of too. I can't find any mention of temp names anywhere. I'm praying that it is just a working name. Sorry to raise hopes.

2. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Another thing is that even by ROTJ they hadent figured out a way to secsessfully make droid ships practical and combat effective. so how would droid armies be any different. If you ask me it looks like the tecnology in episode one is better than in the original movies. And the wost part was you could plainly see the sections were the thing was doen entierly on computer.

3. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It is a really cheesy name for a movie! I also think that there is something wierd about the Phantom Menace that just wasn't right. It just didn't live up to the other three movies.

4. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I'm going to rely my opinion here too...

Attack Of The Clones is *NOT* a bad title. If it sounds cheesy, The Empire Strikes Back, anyone?

And Attack Of The Clones is meant to be cheesy, as I read somewhere, George Lucas said that it should 'remind' people of saturday matinees. (I don't know what he exactly said, it was here somewhere: http://www.theforce.net )

And, who *CARES* about the title?! As longs as the movie kicks ass, I don't care what's it called.

,FSFunky

5. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31

[​IMG] Don't know what you all have against the nice Jar-Jar, he's a more serios character than this red-faced Maul of a Sith.
    *watches out for lightsabers pointing in his direction*

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Word bogie! Even though i think Jar-Jar is extremely silly and out of place i think Darth Maul is even more ridicoulos the man has no grace. In my mind a sith is a proud graceful warrior that doesnt jump around with a long stick. Give me Vader or Palpatine every day!

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I know it's just a title but it seems so cliche. Attack of the Clones :rolleyes:
    Phantom Menace, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi all standout for me, Attack of the Clones is a title that wants to put me to sleep. Oh well.
    And here we go, the classic "Menace technology looks better than the previous titles" Ok Sir Bel is right. For one thing the movie is only 30 some odd years before the original (Star Wars time, not ours) Is the technology better in Menace, not really. Storywise, Empire takes over, it rules a huge area, it doesn't need pansy, sleek looking starfighters that Naboo had, instead it needs mean machines that can get the job done (i.e. Tie Fighters, Star Destroyers, and ultimately a Death Star, you don't see any planet destroying spacestations in Menace do you???) Speeder bikes? It's a time period of 30 years they were used then, they're used now, no big deal. Droids vs. Stormtroopers? I think the Trade Federation learned it's lesson. Darth Maul's floating seeker devices? Hello all kinds of floating gadgets in the originals. Podraces? If you had the capibility to fly through outerspace you could tether two engines to a cockpit and go. Floating platforms on Coruscant? Can anyone say Bespin? When you really think about it technology improves (just slightly, like I said it's only thirty years and there is the whole Empire taking over and keeping resources from groups like the Rebellion) in the originals.
    Now here are two things that are different:
    -the quality of the film
    -the lightsaber fights are as Minsc would say "More fight, less talk" That doesn't mean I don't like the old ones or the new, just that they are different styles.

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 10, 2001).]

8. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I would like to do the Spanish water torture on Jar-Jar Stinks!

9. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] FSFunky, I disagree the name is important to a degree. Cheesy you say, I don't think the movie should be chessy that was the problem with the last one. PM was TOO chessy. A little humor is fime. I like R2D2 and C3PO. They were funny, Jar-Jar is just stupid. And what is wrong with the Empire Strikes Back?

10. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] Nothing is wrong with The Empire Strikes Back, so far it is my favorite of them all.
    It's also the only one to not have Tatooine in it, just to point that out ;). Nothing wrong with Tatooine but change is good.

11. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

As it is, I disagree COMPLETELY on the topic of Darth Maul. Palpatine and Vader were lords and masters of the Sith. Maul was a soldier, a fighter.

There are several types of Jedi - Consulars, Guardians, and Adepts. Adepts are those born with a strong relationship with the force, but have no official training. Guardians are just that, guardians. They are the front line fighters, the seekers. Consulars are the lords of the Force. Yoda is a great example of the Consulars. They were once described as, "...slightly mad old men who huddle in the protection of their minions..."

The Sith have separate types as well. The Lords are the backbone - the masters. The Retainers are the holders of wisdom and the pullers of strings. The Warriors or Seekers are those that are sent out against the Jedi, or against any who oppose the Sith.

Darth Maul was a harbinger, a threat. He was a sign of things to come.

Personally, I think that the Jedi and the Sith should call a truce and hunt down and kill all the Gungans. Jar-Jar was one of the only reasons that SW1 sucked. "Ani" (that was dumb too) couldn't act, but I think that Amidalla was okay. She did all right in "The Professional."

12. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Maybe he was drunk when he thought of the title! :D

13. FSFunky Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sepiryl, played SW the RPG, have we? :)

Anyhoo, I didn't actually make my point clear in the last post (I had a hangover, does hell to your posts). What I was *TRYING* to say was that Attack Of The Clones is not a bad title per say.

Although, I think "Attack" is not the a great word and "Assault" would be better. The Empire Strikes Back is a cheesy name, because it is really just your basic "bad-guys-get-revenge" title. Also, if you look at it (BTW, I head this on a video called Millenium's End -- Fandom Menace, a movie I recommend to every SW Fan) the titling of the Trilogies works like this:

1st In Trilogy: Setting The Theme For The Trilogy (The Phantom Menace, A New Hope.)

2nd and 3rd in Trilogy: A verb and a "Star Wars-word". (Attack Of The Clones, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi.)

Do I make even less sense then when I'm intoxicated, you be the judge.

,FSFunky

EDIT: Damn Spelling

[This message has been edited by FSFunky (edited August 11, 2001).]

14. Inferno of Balduran Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

The movie is already doomed. the lame title is irrelevant but the movie does have Jar Jar Binks in.AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Inferno of Balduran (edited August 11, 2001).]

15. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31

/grabs lightsaber and attacks Jar-Jar untill nothing more than a pile of ground meat

Any questions of my opinon on Jar-Jar.

Who knows maybe he will be killed.

16. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well...I thought episode one was bad. Very bad. It's too damn cute.
    Anakin for example. He should have been a dysfunctional teenager full of anger.
    That would fit much better in.
    In fact Star Wars would have been better if were much "darker". Dunno if that's the right word.
    Some of the books are excellent examples on how this can be done...Timothy Zahns' books are kewl.
    Of course it wouldn't appeal to the younger audience, but I think most movies would have been far better if the makers didnt' try to make it appeal to everyone.
    I don't think the plot in episode one was very good either.
    Ok...it explains how Palpa' became emperor, but it seems more like an excuse to throw in a lot of redundant effects and characters who are just there to be "funny".
    (Hoho. Haha. I'm dying here.)
    I think the original movies had more depth somehow. The characters were much more interesting.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Took me about 20 posts before I could believe someone could come up with such a lame title.

What will the 3rd be? Revenge of the Clones from the Black Lagoon?

Come on. :rolleyes:

18. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I heard he just changed it to: "Episode II: Send In the Clones!" :D :D ;) :D :D

19. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I heard it was "Killer Clones from Outer Space" ;)

20. Frog Gems: 12/31

Veteran

[​IMG] I heard a rumor that Jar-Jar falls into a lava pit in what will be episode 3.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.