1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

STAR WARS - What was he thinking?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Voltric, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] I'd guess most of you have hear the title for the second new Star Wars movie was revealed this week. It's going to be call "Attack of the Clones". No, I'm not joking. What was Lucis thinking. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is the worst title that could have been used. I mean 'Rise of the Empire' or 'Fall of the Jedi' or something.

What do you think?

2. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

i dont believe it

3. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

4. Attack of the clones :rolleyes: This is a sad sad day for all star wars fans. When are they going to learn that you don't mess up classics like that....

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    It's probably just a ruse...He uses different titles all the time, like: Blue Harvest, Revenge of the Jedi??

What til the movie comes out....It'll probably be different.

6. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sir Bel may be right. However I am beguing to wonder ablut the sanity of Lucas In naming the movie as such.

7. Gash Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Does it really matter? I mean plenty of movies have come out with lame titles and have been pretty kool.

Dunston Checks In for example...

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yeah, what was Lucas thinking? It should be "Attack of the Killer Clones"!

9. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Remember that Obi-Wan does fight along side of Anakin in the "Clone Wars". I think that the title will change though, it sounds too silly. How about "to Clone or not to Clone?"

10. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

By the way, i read an article years ago about the key events in of Star Wars being almost parallel with that found in Wagner's Ring Opera cycle. The article implied that Lucas probably "transcribed" that Opera for the silver screen. Unfortunately for Lucas and the movie-goers the Opera Cycle ended in the 4th act :). I cross my fingers awaiting for episode III but My GUESS is that Star wars will never get ay better. Without Wagner's good story line Lucas has to go further than before (dissapointing episode I)to convice Star Wars fans that the saga is more than a mere Opera rip-off and to the world that he's more than a copier.

[This message has been edited by fuoco (edited August 09, 2001).]

11. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

[​IMG] i think they should just stop making star wars movies, because episode 1 was just the worst movie i have ever seen, and a mockery of the star wars legacy. mainly because of jar-jar and the gungans, and because natalie portman and that kid who played anakin are such horrible actors. i sincerely hope that this next one is better, and doesnt feature any comic reliefs like jar-jar. :mad:

12. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It does sound silly but it has a relevance.
    The clone wars was the wars that destroyed the republic and the jedis. It was during this war Palpatine turned Anakin and together they killed every single Jedi knoght except Obi-Wan and Yoda. I think and hope that this next movie is as dark and catastrophic as it should be. Everyone should die and all hell break loose.
    Long live the empire!
    (Even though it is one of the most shortlived empire i have ever seen at didnt exist for more than a maximum of 20 years)

13. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Lucas did the name game before, though I forget which one. It seems like he does one title, more as a 'grab-attention' piece than anything else. The real titles seemed to be put in place just a short time before the actual movie is released.

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Relic, I pray to God you're right. I mean 'The Clone War' would be find if you want to focus on the role of clones in the fall of the Jedi and all that. Maybe you are right about the name being changed. I mean look at all the other 'attack of the...' movies. It sounds like a bad B movie from the 50s.

15. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'll search through the web, see if I can come up with any proof. Right now, I'm relying on memories, and we all know how accurate those can be.

16. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I had originally heard it was going to be called "the clone wars", but maybe they thought it was too redundant:

STAR WARS Episode 2: CLONE WARS

My personal suggestion would be:
    Send in the Clones

I agree with Egg, episode 1 was garbage, Lucas should just quit.

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I have mixed feelings about Episode I...I don't think you'll be able to judge accurately until the other two come out.

Here's my take on it: The Jar Jar character WAS annoying...But I have a theory. I got the impression that the Pre-Empire galaxy far, far away...Was a high Enlightenment time, with the classical architecture, bright colors and sleeker spacecraft.

The Imperial Age is almost like the near end of the dark ages...The equipment looks clunkier, older, and more utilitarian than the EP1 stuff.

The otehr thing is that they made Anakin out to be a cute little muppet that borders on the nauseating. When you think about who he becomes, it makes EP 1 kind of cool.

I think the next installment will be darker than the last, with maybe a somewhat happy ending that may be slightly in doubt.

The third will probably end in one of two ways...Vader and the Empereror triumphant, or it'll end with Obi-Wan spiriting the twins away...Thus the Star Wars rename: A New Hope!

Either way, the third one will be a dark ending with the overall victory going to the Dark Side!

~Bel

18. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I just want to see Yoda kick some butt

19. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Man, what a crappy title, "Attack of the Clones", i have some bad feelings that this movie might suck even worse than episode 1 did. And *I* would just like to see Jar-Jar dead!!!

20. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

After picking my mouth up off the floor after hearing this news this morning I reasoned with myself that this is a temp thing, ol' George has got to be having some fun with us. There is no way the movie will be released under such an idiotic name. Attack of the Clones is something you would name a spoof of Star Wars Episode II, not what you would name the real thing. And even if he was seriously thinking about naming it that, he has changed the name before. Return of the Jedi was originally Revenge of the Jedi but was changed before it came out. And it was changed because somebody told George that (good) Jedi don't neccessarily take "revenge". So George changed it. If enough people gripe, he'll change it. But personally I think he's just having fun (knowing that he'll change it, it's still a ways off, and he may not have found the perfect name for it yet, but had to satisfy the press), there is nothing like Star Wars controversy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.