1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #17

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Dec 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vyndin Source Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

:eek:
    Lets celebrate that too!!

BTW... NOW we have a new year! :D

So, as we say around these parts, happy continuing!... :)

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Still 4 hours to go here until 2004. Most of a case of beer, some wine, and some large shrimps should help fill in the time. Happy New Year if I don't get a chance to say it later.

3. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I spent the New Year in #sorcerers.

I also saw Underworld day before yesterday. Pretty bad.

Also got back from Vegas yesterday. Stopped in Philly. Realized stuffed pizzas suck. Going for a giganamous Sierra Mist in the future. Made a quasi-girlfriend over Winter Break too. She went back to the Midwest.

And missed about a dozen freaking episodes of Angel. Argh. Argh. Argh. :mad:

4. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] I went to my nans for new year, and a late christmas. I got hankerchiefs and chocolate orange and £20. Woopydo :) So any new year resolutions out there?

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Oaz, Underworld rocked. What didn't you like about it?

I mean, Silver Nitrate isn't silver colored. And even a silver colloid isn't silver unless you mix in some binding polymers to hold it instead of oxidizing. And that one chick is fairly hot, as hottness goes. I'd definately hit it.

The whole viruii thing is kind of questionable, but it's no different from Time Machine or a lot of other "fantasy" movies. Just a little suspension.

6. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Woah! chevalier, how long have ya been on the News Staff?!?!

7. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I felt that the filming was just bad. I mean, it's perpetually dark and gloomy and rainy during the movie. I mean, would it kill you to turn on a light every now and then? Or at least crack one joke? It only helps the movie.

That asides, I didn't really like the plot. Smoe parts were just... bleh.

8. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @reepnorp: since last week of November IIRC.

9. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Who had fun on New Year? It was pretty lame from where we were. Just a lot of drinks going around. We had our view of the fireworks blocked. It was all pretty sub standard, explosion wise. I didn't mind though. I don't think anyone did, overly ;)

10. chevalier

Media:
    Mine was pathetic. Started pathetically, ended pathetically. There surely were some good sides to it, but not many.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mine was okay I guess, a bit of fireworks display which suked royally but at least I got to see my son for the night and after he went to sleep I got to see the New Year in with a 'bang'. And actually didn't have to wake up alone the next morning, which happens all to often now.

12. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Yay! I'm getting married! :love:

Hmmm... I suspect that this is going to cut into my gaming time...

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

LotR 3 was great.
    It's battles were more huge, and it follows the book nicely.
    Much would I love to tell you all all, but I won't give anything away.
    Just be sure that you have seen the first two parts, or you won't understand what's happening.

14. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    All right, am I just blind, or did chev get a new title that he didn't have before - "news staff"?

Edit: oops! Just saw reepnorp's post on the prior page (and chev's response). You've had it for over a month?? I must be very unobservant.

Edit #2: what exactly are the responsibilities of the people on the news staff anyway?

15. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Go Faded! When are you taking the ball and chain?

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    My New Year's was absolutely LOVELY. We spent it with two other couples who also have three-year-old sons. We ate and played and just had a great, relaxing time. I hope the first 24 hours of 2004 are a harbinger for the rest of my year!

17. reepnorp

Media:
    Hmmm... I've always heard that Canadians are better liked around the world than Americans, but I've never been able to test this crackpot throry. Among all you guys, would you be nicer to a Canadian, or an American? Oh, and don't answer if your one of the two. :p

18. chevalier

Media:
    @Faded: "Lord, forgive them for they know not what they do" :shake: ;)

@Splunge:

The first month was a trial period, so I got the News Staff title when it passed.

The responsibilities are finding out about new reviews, interviews, updates of stuff, interesting bits from official game forums etc and posting it in SP's news section.

19. Faded Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] @reepnorp:
    The date's not set yet. Officially, it's still a few months into the future, in order to get some distance between yours truly and a number of friends, family members, and relatives (and their pets, apparently) from here to Timbuktu, who for some strange reason seem to be under the mistaken impression that we are NOT going to do this cloak-and-dagger style. ;)

I can assure you we plan run away at the first possible opportunity... (and face the consequences later) ;)

@chevalier
    It has occurred to me that the phrase "To end... like *this*?!" might come in handy one day, but until then, I'll be running around, grinning like the pathetic little sucker that I truly am ;) :D

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Backies :D

Let's see... next time I tell you I'm going home, shoot me before I do it, please?

A broken VCR; an achy back, insomnia, migraine, drunken peeople, bad booze, not enough chocolate and nothing interesting to read. It sucked.

But then again, my om liked her presents. So I did something right.

I hate life.

Ths year will suck anyway...

I missed you guys terribly. It's good to be back....

*hugs the stuffing out of everyone*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.