1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bomb Iraq - not serious

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Viking, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Not wanting to Label TheLabel, but.... No I won't, BUT it is damned clever and very funny. Not to mention that ring of truth I feel every time I hum it to myself....

If you find it offensive Mr Label, then I can only guess you identify yourself with the butt of the joke? If so, lighten up and learn to laugh at yourself.

2. TheLabel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I said that didn't offend me in the post. And why is this so funny? And why do you think it's so true? I happen to have a very good sense of humor and I know what a dumb joke is. This little song is just not funny, it's just anti-American propaganda.

We aren't attacking Iraq because the economy is not doing so well and we can use the oil. It is because Saddam is a murdering tyrant who commits genocide on his own people and enforces no laws in his country. He has used in the past, and continues to use chemical and biological weapons on his own people. The people in Iraq have cried out for help and we need to assist them in throwing out this evil regime.

Think how you would feel if this was happening in your country everyday.

[Leave off the name calling in the future - BTA - done]

[ February 12, 2003, 22:27: Message edited by: TheLabel ]

3. deBhaal Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Remind me again, because I must have missed the memo .. When has it suddenly become agaisnt the law to laugh at ones own country? Or suddenly against the law to laugh at war?

Besides ....
    I do believe that calling someone an 'idiot' jsut after they told you to chill out abit, is something that requires tact, which Ive seen, you dont possess much of.

4. TheLabel Gems: 1/31

I can laugh at my own country, my point is that this is just not funny but you all think it's hilarious. It's an uninformed, corny joke that is just plain dumb

5. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

:yot:
    Oh well i live in Turkey,this war is gonna **** our ****ed economy,we're simply forced to war but i'm simply laughing because it's true.They don't cry for help at all.Ok i agree that Saddam is a maniac,no argument on that.
    Do you know what propaganda is?Propaganda is what Hollywood is doing in every Rambo film that is sold to eastern countires
    Do you know what imperialism is?
    We had pictures of children stitched together because of napalm bombs in newspapers, not far away it was in 1991.They were cursing Coalition.
    I'm laughing because i'm not an idiot and i know the reasons.
    The reasons are not simple as we know,come on what can USA get when they attack Saddam? Why waste dollars for this operation?To help people that has 2m beards and living in caverns?
    Well these are my opinions and nothing can change it... nothing

[ February 12, 2003, 22:35: Message edited by: Khelben ]

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    i work for the british government, and this is all very amusing to me

say, did you ever wonder why the only countries which have intelligence implicating that iraq is making illegal weapons are britain and america..

why dont the other world class intelligence agencies have any evidence what so ever, why can the weapons inspectors find any evidence?

have you ever thought that this may be a war for another reason?
    why would a country who's economy is crumbling? (and dont say it isnt because the dollar has dropped significantly in value over the last few months from 1.49 - sterling - 1.69 - sterling), spend so much of their resources (which they couldnt afford) moblilising such an army if they werent intent on going to war in the first place? while the US accuses iraq of using the weapons inspections to buy them time, i accuse the US of using the inspections to buy time, just enough time to get their forces where they want them in time to win the war with minimal loss of forces, theyve even tried to stop iraq from protecting its forces from chemical weapons saying they are in material breach of the resolution, britain has stepped up its deadline to the 14th of feb for definate, no more talks after that, only because they know that the naval task force led by the royal will be there and in place by then, now saddam is in a bad position because if he preemprively attacks the US forces the US will use it as propaganda saying that they were right all along, saddam is evil and a killer, but, if saddam does nothing, then he doesnt stand a chance against an invasion from the US.
    now, back to economy, what is a major product that the US cant reproduce (anymore), and consumes on a massive scale which it cant get cheaply?
    oil, something iraq has 11% of the worlds supply of, and it is pretty good quality too, before this saddam would only sell to the US for a high price, but after the war, what do you think will happen? the US will control the means of production, either through controlling the new government, or by directly controlling the oil drilling, and then it will negociate a cheap price to sell the oil to itself, the cost of sending the army will be covered in a matter of months, and then the rest of the savings plows back into the US economy, strengthing it with a major expensive resource, or the US will sell the oil on to other competators at a large profit.
    bingo... the US economy is saved, bush looks like a hero, and all it cost were a few thousand innocent iraqi's lives and destabalising a continent even further.

dont you find it weird how bushes spending plan had a $3bill deficit? seems to me like he is already spending the money he hasnt yet stolen.

i believe iraq when it says it has no weapons of mass destruction, they havent done anything agressive since the last war, and the weapons inspectors, who are experts at what they do (they couldnt even find trace elements of these weapons) didnt find anything. add to that, the worlds other premier intelligence agencies of france, germany and spain dont have a shread of evidence implicateing iraq.

on the other hand, i dont trust the bush administration, and i dont trust the CIA, so im very set in my position.

7. TheLabel Gems: 1/31

This arguing is pointless, no one's opinion is going to change...oh and yes, the Iraqi people have begged for help from other people. Do you think they like what Saddam is doing to them? And it's not true that only the UK and US found evidence of weapons, we are supported by other countries such as Spain, Italy and Australia. France, Germany, and Belgium just think Europe rules the world and want to control it as such. France in particular is being completely ridiculous in refusing to allow NATO aid to Turkey in the event of war.

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    you cant see beyond the moisture on your eyeballs can you?

no the iraqi people have not begged for help, infact they have pledged to fight to the death for their countries, much like our forces do for our countries.

"And it's not true that only the UK and US found evidence of weapons, we are supported by other countries such as Spain, Italy and Australia"
    no they have not, its their agencies which analysed the american evidence as elaborate frauds, which the CIA have been known to do, many times in the past.

"France, Germany, and Belgium just think Europe rules the world and want to control it as such"
    ~laughs~ and this is coming from an american.

"France in particular is being completely ridiculous in refusing to allow NATO aid to Turkey in the event of war. "
    i love people who stick to what they read in the tabloids, the US tabloids in particular have been quite happy to slate france over this, the position is simple:
    france, germany and belgium know what the US is planning, upgrading the bases to 'protect them' is not the plan, the US wants to upgrade those bases because they know what when they do that they will have their foot in the door with the government of turkey to say 'hey, we just upgrades your bases, now its time to return the favour', and turkey will be badgered into allowing the US to use their bases to launch attacks on saddam. the europeans arent stupid, they have seen how the US works many many times, they know that the US is going to attack iraq regardless of the inspectors findings, so they are intent to make it as hard as possible for an unjust war

9. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

TheLabel:Yep,nothing i can do can change your mind and nothing you can do can change mine.
    So we'll better not argue,epecially in this topic.

10. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This discussion should have happened in AoDA, not here. Point being, this thread will stay open if people only post comments related to this, either a) like the song, b) don't like the song, c) don't care.

But don't let's go into heavier debates, for which AoDA is reserved... Express your opinion on the song, and that's it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.