1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Are you musically inclined?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Aug 6, 2002.

1. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well, that wasn't the best topic for this poll, but oh well! I just want to see what kind of music you like? (in poll form) :rolling:

[ August 06, 2002, 19:49: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

Poll Information
    This poll contains 5 question(s). 51 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Are you musicly inclined??? (51 votes.)

Whats your pleasure? (Choose 1)
    * Rock/Alternitive - 31% (16)
    * Punk - 10% (5)
    * Hard Rock/Heavy Metal - 31% (16)
    * Techno - 4% (2)
    * Ska/Bob Marly Stuff - 6% (3)
    * Rap/Hip Hop - 6% (3)
    * Country/Western - 0% (0)
    * Pop/R&B/Britney Spears Stuff - 10% (5)
    * Polka - 0% (0)
    * -None- I don't listen to any music at all. - 2% (1)

What is you SECOND favorite pleasure? (Choose 1)
    * Rock/Alternitive - 24% (12)
    * Punk - 16% (8)
    * Hard Rock/Heavy Metal - 20% (10)
    * Techno - 12% (6)
    * Ska/Bob Marly Stuff - 0% (0)
    * Rap/Hip Hop - 10% (5)
    * Country/Western - 6% (3)
    * Pop/R&B/Britney Spears Stuff - 8% (4)
    * Polka - 2% (1)
    * -None- I don't listen to any music at all. - 4% (2)

How do you take it??? (Choose 1)
    * CDs - 63% (32)
    * Mp3s - 31% (16)
    * Radio - 4% (2)
    * Tapes - 2% (1)
    * 8 Track - 0% (0)

How many Mp3 files do you have? (Choose 1)
    * 0-25 MB - 22% (11)
    * 25-50 MB - 12% (6)
    * 50 MB-1GB - 22% (11)
    * 1-2 GB - 12% (6)
    * 2-4 GB - 25% (13)
    * none...and what does MB and GB mean??? - 8% (4)

How many of you like: (Choose 1)
    * Rap/Hip Hop - 12% (6)
    * Local Bands (not mainstream) - 49% (25)
    * Neither - 39% (20)

2. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Hmmm
    Well most of the music i do listen is mainly rap/r&b/hiphop but i listen to all different kinds. Rock/Alternative would be my second choice of music.

3. Kitrax

Media:
    Hehehe...no one listens to Polka?!?!?! Come on here, its so COOL sounding! (not really) I chose Heavy Meatal/Hard rock as my first choice and Punk as my second, next in line would by Rock/Alternitive, then Ska (old school), then Polka...just because I can't stand all the other choices! :rolling:

4. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Stupid poll. Because,

1. It is ridiculous that you can't vote on blues as your favorite music genre.

2. Bob Marley doesn't make ska, he makes reggae, ska is something completly different.

3. There should be an option for people who have more then 4 GB of MP3 files.

5. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

As you can see now a lot of people are listening to polka. Isn't it the best sound?
    Well, i thought it was a topic about making music so i was disappointed. i can play the violin very bad (enough for punk) and also guitar, bass and i'm singing like a goddess (a bit more than 2 octaves). Chris cornell and Franz Schubert are my greatest influences/heroes. Used to play in several punk/alternative bands in my little hometown.
    My boyfriend hates my singing and he stopped me having my own band. He hates it because he can't sing at all. But he's a good drummer. Won't play with me, because he don't like women making music.
    But i'm proud i was a member of the famous Schäuble rolls to paralympics. :p And several other bands long forgotten/never mentioned.

6. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Actually, Silverblade, Bob Marley did do a little Ska. Check out his tune Easy Skanking, for one of the more obvious examples.

True, though, he wasn't known for it.

Edit for: crummy spelling

[ August 06, 2002, 20:43: Message edited by: Damona Silvercloud ]

7. Kitrax

Media:
    Ska is something completly different?!?!?! No crap! I combined two genres to save space...
    Go make your own poll and stop bagging on mine!!! :rolling:

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Ok I resent the fact that if I wanted to vote R&B i hadda vote for britany spears as well!!

My two cents worth.

9. the_eleven Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Actually Bob Marley and The Wailers were pretty much a Ska, Rock Steady, and R&B band well before they began to play reggae (Technically speaking Ska is the grandfather of reggae). This was back in the mid to late sixties when they recorded with Studio One.
    Such songs as Simmer Down (The Skatalites played back up on this tune as well as other BMW tunes at the time), One Love, Love and Affection, and Ska Jerk are a few BMW tunes that are considered Ska. Heck the title Ska Jerk speaks for itself.

Anyway check out this link to a great BMW album that has quite a bit of Ska on it.
    http://koti.mbnet.fi/maple/wailers_onelove.html

[ August 07, 2002, 07:45: Message edited by: the_eleven ]

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Britney Spears = R&B???

Sounds more like teencrap

(There supposed to be a smillie that pukes right here, but I can´t find it. why not Tal?)

:coffee:

[Because I don't like people to vomit all over my clean boards.] -Tal

I could say a lot of things about your boards, Tal. But "clean" ain´t really the word I would use

[ August 08, 2002, 12:34: Message edited by: Morgoth ]

11. SC Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Britney Spears is POP. R&B should go with Rap and Hip Hop. Your poll could've had improvement if we could vote on multiple choice. And I'm pissed off because K-Os is Raggae, but I only had 2 choices to vote on.

And what's with the last one? "How many do you like?" I mean, from my point of view you're making rap/hip hop look *bad*!

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

SG, it's probably his favorite, so he simply wants to know how many people like it. Although I do think it is bad, I agree that it shouldn't have been singled-out like that.

Are you including files that you copied off CDs for burning purposes and stored on your hard drive as MP3s? If so, that means that I have more than 10 times your highest number there.

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

OK, I didn't know that Bob Marley made ska, I guess I only heard songs from his reggea period.

Kitrax->
    It is not only ridiculous that you didn't put blues in as one of the music genres, it is also an outrage. Blues, developed during the late 19th century by African American performers Blues embraces a variety of styles, including downhome or country blues, boogie-woogie, classic blues, jump blues, Chicago (urban) blues and New York blues. Blues directly or indirectly influenced the vast majority of popular music during the 20th century, including jazz, rock, rhythm and blues (R&B), and gospel.

Actually most of the music we listen to today comes from the blues. All of those genres named before evolved into the music we know today. So if it wasn't for the blues, music as we know it today probably would not have existed.

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Again...go make your own poll, and stop bagging on mine! If you don't like it...tuff! I can't edit it! :rolling:

15. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Brittany Spearz is poor white trash, with fake breasts, and a personality to match said breasts.

Other than that, I listen to soundtracks and classical. But I can still appreciate California Love just as easily as Hotel California.

16. Errol Gems: 23/31

[​IMG] Er...does playing the Bass in a pub count as being musically inclined?
    Alt.Rock, not Slipknot, Linkin Park, Nicklelback. But Alternative Rock, like Muse, Korn, Placebo amongst oh-so-many others.

17. Lady Jellybee Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

:nolike: Where's New Age? Or J-pop? My favorites are Cusco, Vangelis, Yoko Kanno (composer/pianist), and Maaya Sakamoto (singer). Other than that, I like Mozart, so I guess I like Classical.

And what about MIDIs? I have no idea how big (make that small) my MP3 collection is, I don't think it even amounts to a dozen files. I guess I listen to CDs the most if I can't choose MIDIs.

Wait a minute, you don't even have Classical as an option? :wail:

[ August 09, 2002, 23:24: Message edited by: Jellybee ]

18. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

This is not a very good poll... so many options are completely lacking...

How am I supposed to state that my favorite musical genre is the late romantic/early modern paino concerto? In fact, I noticed any sort of classical or instrumental music was not at all included...

In fact I believe we'd need polls within the polls to possibly cover at least most of the main sub-genres within the genres...

19. Embracer Of Darkness Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I can never understand why I don't see the name "My Dying Bride" anywhere on polls such as this. My favorite band is...well, I think you understand. Then there is Testament and Nightwish.

Have a nice day.

20. Wildfire Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Just my 2 cents. Ska rocks!! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.